Sign in to follow this  
NovicePrepper

BOB opinion: 'Nam era ALICE pack?

Truthfully, MOLLE is nice but not necessary (and I have alot of it). I think $55 is high tho. There are a few threads on here about ALICE packs and sites linked. 101Matt got 2 packs and frames for that price. There was also a good link and info for a shop in AL (I believe) that had much better prices. ALICE packs are great and handle alot of abuse just get the best deal you can and use the savings for after market shoulder pads, sternum strap and kidney pad.

I saw large ALICE packs w/ frame on ebay for around 30$. And I found large ALICE packs at the store Fleet Farm for 18.

ALICE packs are rugged and a large can hold a ton of gear, and are quite affordable. I personally have a large one for my BoB. However I plan on upgrading to the new MOLLE ruck when I can afford it (which is gonna be a while lol). The newer packs have more pockets and its easier to organize your gear. I suppose it just depends on how much money you have to spend, and which features are important to you.

Try colemans..

http://www.colemans.com/pouch.htm

there alice pack are high.but they have German and Poland ruck sacks alsso ..

this is where I bought mine..

http://stores.alleghenywholesale.com/StoreFront.bok

you have to search all the pages,I found the best deal on page 3.lol

US Military LARGE OD Alice FIELD PACK w/ Frame / Pad / Straps COMPLETE w/2 MAG AMMO POUCHES VERY GOOD CONDITION...$28.59..pluss shiping about a buck a pound.

I picked up 3 alice packs with frames at a liquidation store for $5 & 8 each. 2 of them regular size for my children & 1 large for my wife. I have a " TAG/ Tactical Assault Gear " Sniper molly bag, abit pricy though but well built.

Got my alice pack from ebay also but only spent $30 delivered. Iwould keep looking because a lot of different venders sell on ebay. Also I got a large pack...its so large it became my bug out vehicle bag. I have a smaller bag if I have to bo on foot

FWIW I have a large alice, molle 2 assault pack, and molle 2 ruck.

The Alice pack I bought for $35 shipped on ebay with frame I think for hauling all my guns and ammo to the range.

It works fine, it's just not flexible and modular like the molle packs. It also doesn't hug your back like a molle, so it sways. How can you go wrong for $35 though.

The assault pack I use as a get home bag.

The molle 2 ruck is pretty big, and with all the extra molle bags attached makes it customizable to just how you want it. It's really nice.

I recently purchased a large used Alice pack with frame in good condition at Armygear.net for 29.95 plus shipping. Total cost was $44.00 or somewhere thereabouts. I was very pleased with what I received and I got it fairly quick.

I acquired a medium A.L.I.C.E. pack with frame & kidney pad for my B.O.B. (list of contents in the "post your B.O.B." thread) and it's awesome! Plenty of room to work with and it's super comfortable. This was the same one I used in the corps before they switched to MOLLE gear. I've priced them out around $45 to $55 on ebay (used).[ATTACH=CONFIG]1854[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1855[/ATTACH]