Sign in to follow this  
Urban Wolf

Whats for dinner?

VIS 9- We all know the dangers of driving while drunk.

The other night I was out with some friends having a few beers. A few turned into to many. I did something I never done before and took a bus home. As the bus came to a police check point, and got waved thur I knew I made the right choice.

I still dont know where I got the bus or even how I drove it, considering I never drove one before.

LMAO now that was funny as hell!

Head cheese my great grandma recipe. Mmmm good. Rocky mountain oysters, little chewy. And for all doubters cow tongue with hot mustard is truly awesome. Pig brains and scrambled eggs (given the new prion diseases like mad cow, and chronic wasting I would not eat any raw brains especially from monkeys unless you had a lot of pointy thing in my back), chocolate covered ants, fried grass hopper, and yes eel is pretty good, love frog legs and snapping turtle ( clean many ponds of both as a kid)...... Headed to east Louis il. To work at a school have to disarm and lock away all forms of self defense ....wish me luck!

Edited by DonDon

White gas soaked coffee cake. I was going backpacking and though it would be awesome to bust out coffee cake on day 2 but the stove I was given to carry had a leaky lid.

It was ok but only if you eat around side where the gas pooled.

What better than coffe cake on a hike.....flambé coffe cake!.... I think I would have burned that off first, gas may not be the worst thing to eat, but it sure ain't the best for you

VIS 9- We all know the dangers of driving while drunk.

The other night I was out with some friends having a few beers. A few turned into to many. I did something I never done before and took a bus home. As the bus came to a police check point, and got waved thur I knew I made the right choice.

I still dont know where I got the bus or even how I drove it, considering I never drove one before.

oh my god that is the funniest thing i ever heard. was it transit?

I don't think I've seen your posts before, welcome to the sites.

I know I'm having a bad morning when I spend time trying to figure out just exactly WHAT "'cat-rattle' and 'snake-dried shark' truly are. :confused: That squishy, popping sound is me pulling my cranium out of rectal defilade.

OMG, I may have to change my sheets!!!!! Havn't laughted this hard in a loooooooong time!

Guest kevin
What is the strangest thing you have ever eaten?

Im sure most of you can do better then my list.

dog, snake, bugs, rat, fish eyes and intestine.

this is going to take a while;

kangaroo

ostrich

raccoon

possum

ginnell (bowfin)

gar fish

snakes

lizard

grubs

grasshoppers

crickets

termites

pig ears,eyes,intestine

beef heart, kidneys,balls, tongue(kidneys are the worst)

turtle

beaver(both)

frog

alligater

and more wild boar/deer/squirrel,dove,quail, ect than anything you buy in the store.

oh yea....dirt....some clay's are semi edible.

Edited by kevin

Snails

Octopus

Eel (raw)

Gator

Snake

Tuna (less than one minute after being caught)

Intestines (as sausage casings)

Haggis (I like it, though)

Fresh Deer Heart

Fresh Deer Liver

Bear

Cougar (very tasty!)

Horse Burgers

Fudge (after picking dead ants off of it. I was at an isolated duty station. What can I say?)

Kangaroo Jerky

Ostrich Jerky

Buffalo

I loved everything except for the eel. It was bad!

I dont consider alot of this as odd. As a young child, my family was pretty minimalist. We grew all of our vegetables, and hunted/caught/trapped all of our meat. Every once in a while we bought pork chops. They were a delicacy to my dad. haha. The only things that we regularly bought were, flour, cornmeal, milk, eggs, and the such...

I recall eating

Deer

Wild hog

Wild Turkey

Geese

Ducks

Doves

Frogs

Turtles

Snake

Raccoon

I think Beaver

All sorts of fish (freshwater and salt)

Alligator (yes they were illegal then)

As an adult, I'll try just about anything:

Eel (love it smoked)

kelp

Octopus

Squid

Bear

Elk

Caribu

Emu jerky

MANY kinds of Sushi and sashimi

Probably alot of other stuff, I just cant think of it...

Probably the weirdest thing I have eaten is the "chicken on a stick" you see at all chinease buffets. NO piece of chicke is shaped like that and has that texture.... I dont know if it is dog, cat, rat, monkey, or whatever... And dont care... It's GOOD!

Been trying out different Bug Out food stuff.

So last night we tried out some Hamburger Helper.

GEzUs... does that stuff suk or what!? Its all too damn salty to even really taste anything else... and all the preservatives .. gag me