Sign in to follow this  
Urban Wolf

Whats for dinner?

All of the above

sausage in most areas even here is made from intestines that is the casing for the sausage.

bugs any motorcycle rider has eaten their share but I have eaten ants, locust and grubs etc.

elephant tiger gator etc.. and yes snake numerous species and mostly fried eel I like it smoked.

and lizard whether iguana, monitor or monkey I like mine well done.

Kangaroo Emu Ostrich eggs from all kinds of birds

most ocean fish sharks, skate including ate fugu {pufferfish} dangerous because it is poisonous.

and who knows what I have eaten off push carts and BAR-B Q's if the locals ate it I did and

generally it was good dog cat and all these things that people here consider sentient are not

in other cultures but yet they have pets and they look at them as a helper, family member, not food.

the 2 things I hate are mussels, seared burnt spiders and possum and chitterlings or chitlin's

or any kind of slug sea or otherwise and hag-fish not a fan........

in the famous words of my generation "Try it you'll like it", well maybe not but at least there

will be no doubt.

Black bread, which had shoe polish spread on it, then scraped off after it was left to sit an hour or so. The bread soaks the alcohol out of the polish, and this was the only way any of the Soviet conscripts could get their hands on alcohol (and get drunk from it). I got to try this first hand in the late 80s, while participating in an exchange program with the Russian army. The whole week long thing was an eye opener - I'd eaten all kinds of stuff in survival school, but I had never met anyone desperate enough to leech alcohol out of shoe polish, just to get a buzz.

There was this jungle village and the the state department guy said the aircraft commander had to go with him .... that was me .... I was expecting dog (again) but it wasn't to be .... raw monkey brains, still warm and scooped out of the just opened skull.

Since there was a couple of dozen guys there with long pointy things, I ate and smiled. I managed not to get punctured but I hope that is the limit - I'd hate to think there was something worse in my future.

Haggis (my father was Scottish) and cow's tongue. Yuck on both.

(nods in sympathy, hands you a piece of black bread with smears of shoe polish all over it)

I once watched my father drink a cup of coffee that was literally filled with live locusts, because he just got tired of trying to fish them out of the cup while he drank.

Here's to our fathers, who were very tough men.

Guest survival101

Y'all are amazing. Strangest thing I ever ate was pill bugs, dry cat food, and earthworm. As a kid. I'm sure one of my favorite take out places regularly serves me cat. Truly.

I love black tip shark fried in tempura batter it almost tastes like cod / fish and chips.

cat hell I could not tell it from chicken.

now rattle snake tastes like greasy fried chicken and it's bony....

dried cuttle fish are great with beer and I have eaten other salted dried fish and it was pretty good.

But then again maybe it was the beer.

I love black tip shark fried in tempura batter it almost tastes like cod / fish and chips.

cat hell I could not tell it from chicken.

now rattle snake tastes like greasy fried chicken and it's bony....

dried cuttle fish are great with beer and I have eaten other salted dried fish and it was pretty good.

But then again maybe it was the beer.

Love dried cuttle fish, yum, with beer or without. Dried smoked herring is also good, except for the small bones. If you soak them in water and change out the water several times and then soak over night in canola oil, they are fantastic with a mild taste.

Love dried cuttle fish, yum, with beer or without. Dried smoked herring is also good, except for the small bones. If you soak them in water and change out the water several times and then soak over night in canola oil, they are fantastic with a mild taste.

I love just about any kind of canned fish or dried, smoked jerkyed fsh.

Juzcallmesnake- Tell me something thats not good with beer.

cat-rattle snake-dried shark (awful ):P

I don't think I've seen your posts before, welcome to the sites.

I know I'm having a bad morning when I spend time trying to figure out just exactly WHAT "'cat-rattle' and 'snake-dried shark' truly are. :confused: That squishy, popping sound is me pulling my cranium out of rectal defilade.

Im ashamed!!

Horse.

I was in Germany and a German young lady ordered for us..

Ok so I drank a barrel of dark beer afterwards.She was worth it.lol

I never could understand my Fathers taste in "PIGS FEET"..

vis 9 and urban wolf

yea bud not much that is smoked or dry salted sea life that is not pretty darn good

and yes beer to match the taste make it even the better.

I like pigs feet once in a blue moon I buy a jar and the same with pickled eggs and sausage

good caviar a few eggs on a water cracker and cream cheese, and pickled herring in sour cream w/ onion.

Horse well there are a few I would have shot and bar-b-q ed with out blinking an eye

they were some rank destructive and mean as hell.

Horses are just like people some are sweet some are all business when on the job

some would rather fool around than work and some are dangerous and hate anything.

the best way to cook horse meat is wrapped with bacon very low heat for a long time

like 250 degrees for 3-4 hours depending on thickness.

I have eaten it brined and pickled like corned beef not too bad.

I love just about any kind of canned fish or dried, smoked jerkyed fsh.

Juzcallmesnake- Tell me something thats not good with beer.

Not good with beer!

Police blue lights in the rear view mirror.

Edited by VIS 9

Not good with beer!

Police blue lights in the rear view mirror.

VIS 9- We all know the dangers of driving while drunk.

The other night I was out with some friends having a few beers. A few turned into to many. I did something I never done before and took a bus home. As the bus came to a police check point, and got waved thur I knew I made the right choice.

I still dont know where I got the bus or even how I drove it, considering I never drove one before.