Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dangerwolfe

10 Survival tips that will get you killed

35 posts in this topic

Hi folks,

Sorry if this video link has been posted before. In my opinion, no matter how much prep one does, how much gear or food or weaponry and what have you, basic concepts and beliefs can mean the difference between life and death and especially if you're on your own and not with a group.

Naturally, everyone's home situ during a SHTF event shall differ but for me this guy's advice (see video below) makes a lot of sense. Admittedly, I am a newbie but I'm trying to absorb as many "principles" and tips as I can. Therefore, I'd be interested to hear comments on these tips from the more experienced preppers.

Wolfe

Edited by Dangerwolfe

thanks, Danger Wolfe. i'm hoping you'll give a brief synopsis. i don't click that many YouTube links, due to the possibility of crashing my poor old computer with one of the newer viruses. but, it sounds interesting. can you fill us in?

Hi folks,

Sorry if this video link has been posted before. In my opinion, no matter how much prep one does, how much gear or food or weaponry and what have you, basic concepts and beliefs can mean the difference between life and death and especially if you're on your own and not with a group.

Naturally, everyone's home situ during a SHTF event shall differ but for me this guy's advice (see video below) makes a lot of sense. Admittedly, I am a newbie but I'm trying to absorb as many "principles" and tips as I can. Therefore, I'd be interested to hear comments on these tips from the more experienced preppers.

Wolfe

Same old common sense stuff. If you know it already, if you do not then it is good to know.

Hi Vis,

I will take it that you concur then.

Wolfe

In as much as it gets folks to thinking. You should already know this stuff. Will not knowing it get you killed? Well I think that may be somewhat of a stretch. It depends where your head is.

thanks, Danger Wolfe. i'm hoping you'll give a brief synopsis. i don't click that many YouTube links, due to the possibility of crashing my poor old computer with one of the newer viruses. but, it sounds interesting. can you fill us in?

No worries, here you go:

1. Handguns are not rifles: Not understanding the difference btw the two and different uses, etc.

2. Not understanding the Law regarding guns

3. Underestimating a Knife verus a gun at close range

4. Throwing objects at an armed aggressor

5. Empty house myth: the belief that by pretending your house is abandoned it will not be targeted

6. Confusing distance with safety/security

7. Thinking that Bugging Out is always or even usually better than staying put.

8. Money: not preparing for the future financially.

9. Best to go Barefoot in nature (TV myth).

10. Running into unknown conditions/forests etc.

Note, there is a lot of additional explanation, examples discussed which add much. Actually watch it if you can.

Wolfe

I agree with VIS 9. this is stuff you should already know.I dont know if not knowing this stuff will get you killed, but yes, it does help to know.

Hi Wolf, thanks for your feedback.

Yes, some of it's completely obvious like no bare feet and such, LOL, but there are lots of things people should know and don't just because they hadn't thought about it like those of us just getting started in prepping. I guess I just like the way the guy went into details regarding some of the other less obvious points about bugging out and guns v/s knives.

Lots of info everywhere about bugging out for example when it may not be the best course of action depending your situation. My plan B or even C is to bug out but I realize we're much better off if we can hold the fort where we're at. In addition, at least here in Europe guns are not easily accessible, hence it's easy fall into the mind set that if someone has a gun and you don't you're done for when it's simply not true.

Perhaps you have some other common misconceptions you've heard or learned the hard way during your own adventures in prepping.

Any advice welcome.

Wolfe

Wolfe,

the one thing im sure of is when some one says they are ready for anything, I doubt it very much.

checking and rechecking gear is never enough.

Animals act out of instict, Humans out of depravity and malice.

Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.

Please feel free to give me any advice you have.

Wolfe,

the one thing im sure of is when some one says they are ready for anything, I doubt it very much.

checking and rechecking gear is never enough.

Animals act out of instict, Humans out of depravity and malice.

Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.

Please feel free to give me any advice you have.

Never kick a turd on a hot day :D Now that's excellent advice! My advice for survival?

I suppose general stuff that I've picked up in my many travels, etc. Don't drink the water in Moscow from the tap....etc....or the Russian girl you find waiting for you in lingerie on your hotel bed is not the maid....

Seriously:

One tip I can give y'all is to wash off your backside (read a$$) with water when possible instead of wiping it with something after you download that cheeseburger, rat or power bar.... In short, you don't want to smear poisonous feces into your skin in a sensitive covered orifice area to brew where heat and sweat can combine with chaffing action from riding a bike or animal, extended walking, running or sitting...

This habit will avoid and prevent a whole myriad of hygiene and health problems on your person. In the field a strong spray bottle of water will blow off most of the mess but it's also a good practice at home to just quickly shower off the mess or use some kind of Bidet. Europeans, especially the French have known this for centuries, so have the hadjis......

Wolfe

the french knew what that they are a butt crack problem that their beloved Paris smells like ass crack

throw me a bone LMAO

Gee, looks like snake is an expert on France, the French and also the smell of ass cracks.

Is it like a Texas thing to say un-provoked rude things to people you don't even know, or is it just you?

Gee, looks like snake is an expert on France, the French and also the smell of ass cracks.

Is it like a Texas thing to say un-provoked rude things to people you don't even know, or is it just you?

Snake, I feel your pain! If you AINT the lead dog in the pack, the smell never changes. LOL Some things you just can not resist.

It's a gift!

I lived there and Germany, Italy and Spain, also vacations on Isle of man Sweden,

Switzerland and Austria parts of Africa and Australia on and on so I am no rube.

The French built nuclear power stations after we asked them not in countries that were and are still

our enemies and surplanted our will in the U.N., so if that is not a provocation

I do not know what is, they have always been contrary and arrogant and we give them aid still so

I can insult any country that takes my money and pisses down my neck and tells me it's raining.

Some forget that France denied us a few times to use their airspace airspace our military died to let them

have.

president De Gaul was ticked about something and asked us to leave, one of our generals asked if that

included the all the dead lying in state also.

Well that shut him up. you may be an ex pat but never forget who the hell you are and to whom your

Allegiance belongs.

I may have born at night but it was not last night and I have french friends as well as many others,

strange they know my feelings and we are still friends.

Deodorant was invented here in the U.S.A.

I paid for my opinion in service and love for MY COUNTRY.

Europe forgets they would be goose stepping and hailing hitler or kissing Mussolini's ring, and still take

our money and insult me by insulting MY COUNTRY in deed......

Texas never quit, even before we were a republic and we Have continued to be a force in our military

If you bother to pull a book on hero's and medal winners and first in anything I think Texas can put

their name in the top of any list proudly.

So do not disparage my state if you dislike me or my opinions and my opinions can be backed with facts.

what Texas alone buys enough from France it effects them if France no longer did business with us

I doubt we would notice.

Snake, I feel your pain! If you AINT the lead dog in the pack, the smell never changes. LOL Some things you just can not resist.

well if nothing I am the lead dog scooting his arse across "their" carpet leaving my mark

my last great act of defiance LOL

and unlike some and our leaders I ain't on an apology tour of my state or country.

Dangerwolfe,

I totally agree with the washing. The Roman Legions used a sponge on a stick for this purpose. I wonder how often they cleaned the sponges? You know what they say, "Crack Kills". ( I know, same difference.) Sure beats carrying around cases of toilet paper.

Dangerwolfe, thanks for the post.

Always about food, right? Not only good taste in food but also music.

Bon.

On a more serious note, I did have an ancestor who was one of the defenders of Belfort.

Edited by VIS 9

vis 9

I had a family member defended his virginity in prison it was a fort, Leavenworth I think was the name

LMAO he was a mean bastard could not tell the difference between a enlisted man or officer

was not too particular who he shot they should have been more specific before they sent him to Tarawa.

It's a gift!

I lived there and Germany, Italy and Spain, also vacations on Isle of man Sweden,

Switzerland and Austria parts of Africa and Australia on and on so I am no rube.

The French built nuclear power stations after we asked them not in countries that were and are still

our enemies and surplanted our will in the U.N., so if that is not a provocation

I do not know what is, they have always been contrary and arrogant and we give them aid still so

I can insult any country that takes my money and pisses down my neck and tells me it's raining.

Some forget that France denied us a few times to use their airspace airspace our military died to let them

have.

president De Gaul was ticked about something and asked us to leave, one of our generals asked if that

included the all the dead lying in state also.

Well that shut him up. you may be an ex pat but never forget who the hell you are and to whom your

Allegiance belongs.

I may have born at night but it was not last night and I have french friends as well as many others,

strange they know my feelings and we are still friends.

Deodorant was invented here in the U.S.A.

I paid for my opinion in service and love for MY COUNTRY.

Europe forgets they would be goose stepping and hailing hitler or kissing Mussolini's ring, and still take

our money and insult me by insulting MY COUNTRY in deed......

Texas never quit, even before we were a republic and we Have continued to be a force in our military

If you bother to pull a book on hero's and medal winners and first in anything I think Texas can put

their name in the top of any list proudly.

So do not disparage my state if you dislike me or my opinions and my opinions can be backed with facts.

what Texas alone buys enough from France it effects them if France no longer did business with us

I doubt we would notice.

Geez, I guess I touched a nerve LMAO.

Not sure why you feel so compelled to empty your bag on me other than to provoke me. You disparage the state I've chosen to live in and then tell me not to disparage yours (ours) LOL! Did I criticize the USA on this Forum? You're the one running off at the mouth. You question my allegiance to the USA, etc... WTF?

Snake, I don't have the time or the patience to correct some of the misconceptions, misunderstandings and misinformation in your lecture to me about France and patriotism, nor is this thread the place for it. Go ahead and believe what you want to about me, France or whatever, no worries here.

I will tell you this though, it's extremely un-wise from a survival perspective to stir up trouble where there is none especially with people you just meet. If you're as widely traveled as you say, then you should already know it.

Dislike you man? I don't even know you snake.

Wolfe

You want to know the real deal,

being an American MUTT got Indian FRENCH and Irish and probably

a few chicken feathers in there but I try not let my ethnic background impair my search for the truth

or what is right if right is not our goal then we are wrong no grey area in right and wrong.

we can be generous but on a case by case basis and as our government by the people and for the people

in a court of peers with all the facts and their judgement is final until new facts or reasons to appeal it.

I may not like you I may even despise you but if your right I want to say it plain and not avoid your

righteous due, if it is not reciprocal I will remember and mention it if it has merit in an valid argument.

but not use it to prevent you from what is rightly yours.

and there is my survival tip never let your sensibilities over rule gut instinct that little voice is there for

a reason not just to keep you entertained or check if your meds are working.