Sign in to follow this  
n8gvfd

New from New England

Hi,

I'm new to wilderness survival, and am looking to gain skills, and knowledge. I am currently working in Fire/EMS as a firefighter, and EMT-B. I also work for a local hospital. I have worked In Fire/EMS for about 8 years, and during that time have learned some wilderness rescue skills. I have learned wilderness medicine, ropes and knots, and orienteering. I enjoy the outdoors, and spend most of my summers camping, hiking, and repelling. I also do some camping in the winter. I am always looking to further my skills, and just recently started a B.O.B. I have been looking on the forums and on some other blogs. I would like to get out and test some of the equipment out before I actually need to use it so I am proficient in it, and am able to survive.

Thanks Jerry! I have been reading this forum for a little while now, can't wait to get out this summer, and try some of the gear out, see where my strengths and weaknesses are!

I know, I told my wife she going to be roughing it alot this summer, she's not thrilled lol..

I know, I told my wife she going to be roughing it alot this summer, she's not thrilled lol..

I think you need to work on your sales pitch. "Honey, it's so easy to take each other for granted, and you're too wonderful to not be appreciated for the amazing woman you are. In fact, I think we should focus on each other this summer, with no distractions." You don't have to tell her you mean distractions like modern plumbing, cell phone service, and fine dining right away. LOL

That aside, welcome to the forum, n8gvfd! Sounds like you're already getting the basics covered, and I look forward to reading more of your posts.