Sign in to follow this  
Visvalor

What is the best 9mm rifle?

I've looked through a bazillion carbines and I have no idea what to get. My father-in-law wants a 9mm rifle for the BOL and I am coming into some spending money in June. In your opinions, what is the best 9mm rifle out there and why? The combat plan is for everyone to have a 9mm of some kind at all times. I personally want to carry a 9mm and a rifle. Problem is I can't use a pistol because my right hand shakes more than Michael J Fox's when he's watching the naughty channels. (And I'm right handed)

Beretta CX4, they come in 9mm, 40S&W and 45acp. Glock mags are used in them. I've shot all 3 calibres at my shooting range by members at the club letting me try them. Personaly i like the 45acp version & they are better built than the Marlin camp carbines, in my opinion.

Beretta CX4, they come in 9mm, 40S&W and 45acp. Glock mags are used in them. I've shot all 3 calibres at my shooting range by members at the club letting me try them. Personaly i like the 45acp version & they are better built than the Marlin camp carbines, in my opinion.

believe it or not 9MM has more range but basically they are both 100 yard weapons after that

they loose momentum real quick if you like the Glock the Beretta would be fantastic and have extended

version as you well know.

just too futuristic and no folding stock and a lot of plastic I still like the Uzi dead tuff and collapsible

stocks are to be found at main military

and mags are steel and last a long time as far as I know you can change calibers by swapping the bolt

mag and barrel out lots of info on them.

P210SIG these are all close quarters. 9mm for under 100 yards, .308 for over (imho)

But to be honest I can't even hit a piece of paper at 10 yards with a 9mm pistol as is. My hands are shaky and my eyes are crap. I've long come to terms with the fact I'm the designated distraction in a skirmish.

Seriously no mention of the hipointe, +p rated, American made, lifetime warranty....sure they are uglier than sin but..... For the $$$$ you have to ask why spend three times more for sometime that the only thing people can say is "it doesn't cost enough"

And the 9mm in a carbine get a extra 400+fps due to the longer barrel add a +p and you have a serious weapon

Also they have a .40sw and .45acp both also +p rated as all their guns are...and ugly

Also for you californicationists I believe that Uzi made a slam fire pump 9mm at one time tube feed, have not seen one for awhile were aimed at LEO I believe.

Edited by DonDon
Because I wanna

Seriously no mention of the hipointe, +p rated, American made, lifetime warranty....sure they are uglier than sin but..... For the $$$$ you have to ask why spend three times more for sometime that the only thing people can say is "it doesn't cost enough"

And the 9mm in a carbine get a extra 400+fps due to the longer barrel add a +p and you have a serious weapon

Also they have a .40sw and .45acp both also +p rated as all their guns are...and ugly

Also for you californicationists I believe that Uzi made a slam fire pump 9mm at one time tube feed, have not seen one for awhile were aimed at LEO I believe.

My father bought the 9mm Highpoint 7 years ago it has nothing but feed and extraction problems I tell him all the the time thats what he gets for being cheap and buying cheap junk seven years and has sent it in to the manufacturer 4 times they even replaced the original carbine last year with their new tactical version still the same problems

Edited by warrior7r

well

you can get barrels up to 16 inches long for the carbine

http://www.ballisticsbytheinch.com/9luger.html

as long as the bullet is breaking 1K fps it should do it's job.

http://www.chuckhawks.com/handgun_trajectory_table.htm

As I can find a 16 inch barrel increases velocity of a 115 bullet to about 1500 fps

and looses only 150 fps at 100 yards

I am an old head I think steel is for guns and plastic for toys

personally I think if you are going to use a rifle then use a rifle caliber. there is a reason 9mm and other "pistol" calibers are called that, that being said the only rifle I really like that uses a lightweight round more on par with a pistol caliber is the M1 Carbine.

My father bought the 9mm Highpoint 7 years ago it has nothing but feed and extraction problems I tell him all the the time thats what he gets for being cheap and buying cheap junk seven years and has sent it in to the manufacturer 4 times they even replaced the original carbine last year with their new tactical version still the same problems

I have had both the 9mm and the .45,both functioned flawlessly....but the mags do suck.

Hey I am not against anything that works for you

If you have a 9MM pistol a carbine would be a natural side kick as long as you know your weapon

have field tested it and know bullet drop effective range and know it's limitations as all arms have limits

try shooting a squirrel with a AR or .308 or defending yourself against a bear or wild hog with a 22

if you live in the suburbs or city pistol carbines are not your worst choice nothing is your worst choice

because all this bickering can make some who are not gun savvy wait or have second thoughts

to getting something to defend themselves with.

I know people who have only 2 guns in Texas that is almost immoral but anyway I would not get anywhere

near them if I was a criminal because they are dead shots with either on targets in a dead run or

on the wing.

On this blog we are posting our experience and generally aimed at helping the novice so we must consider

they are novice marksmen, in my posts I make it well know that the weapons I choose are for durability

ease of finding parts to customize to fit the person and enough power to protect and defend.

I see people proposing certain firearms that in no way can be modified to fit each person

I applaud the Ruger 10/22 and AR as well as the pump shotgun group as these are the most

durable and across the board do the job of defense pistols are more personal and each are designed

to a specific task but if a person is not gun savvy all that ammo and configurations can be confusing

during the recent ammo drought I had my phone burnt down by people asking for 40 S&W

not many for 12 ga. 9MM or 38 special /357 mag or 45 acp so if you got a 40 better have lots of ammo.

5.56 and 7.62 dried up but anyone with a milspec platform with only a couple boxes of ammo

is not a savvy owner anyway.

even 22 LR went dry I have tried to explain that if you got in your vehicle and drove within 50 miles

and counted all the ammo in any one caliber on the shelves it would not sustain 1 person in

an economic or long term disaster period.

and I have literally seen the whole lot sold to one person out of one store so those who procrastinate

are screwed.

IMHO

Even though the price for high points is nice I have heard just as many negative reviews as I have positive ones. Held a couple one time and personally didn't care for the feel of them. I don't I would ever buy one but if f you have never had any problems then more power to you. The only pistol caliber rifle I have ever formed and loved was one made by H&K. Of coutlrse their prices are insane...but if i had the money I would definitely buy one from them.

I have a hi-point in 9mm and have not had one problem with it. I just changed out the original stock to the ATI aftermarket. Bible is right though, the mags do suck. If money is no option then obviously go with something a little nicer. I have never shot the Cx4 but have heard good things. Here's my hi-point

post-1506-13851497989009_thumb.jpg

What about the KelTec Sub2000? I do not own one but I know someone who does and he swears by his. Plus, takes Glock full size (hi-cap) magazines. I know it comes in 9mm and 40S&W.

I have my HiPoint carbine and it works fine with the 10 round magazines. I had problems with the after market 15 rounders, but the new design seems to be working for them. I ran about 100 rounds through the other day with no magazine problems.

Their was a " JR carbine " that i fondled today at a gunshop. It looks like a AR style rifle that takes glock mags as well. They make them in 9mm & 40S&W. New to the market up here in Canada. Wondering how they will hold out in a torcher test for durability.