Sign in to follow this  
NovicePrepper

ATF approved AR-15 stock, turns AR-15 full auto!

Just my personal opinion, but full auto is completely worthless except for wasting money. It is wildly inacurate, and unless your a millionaire, its a toy to play with I guess if you have never shot full auto before. But for prepping purposes I would not recommend getting one. Now if you just want it for fun, go for it ;)

Just my personal opinion, but full auto is completely worthless except for wasting money. It is wildly inacurate, and unless your a millionaire, its a toy to play with I guess if you have never shot full auto before. But for prepping purposes I would not recommend getting one. Now if you just want it for fun, go for it ;)

Agreed! If you want to waste a crap load of money on ammo then by all means, but I would rather be stocking up on other things than trying to replace the thousand rounds of ammo you'd go through.

If you've never fired full auto, go rent one and play for an hour. You will likely have a ball as it can be fun. Then look at how much it cost you in ammo! Several ranges in the area have full auto for rent and you buy your ammo from them. They could rent the guns for free with the amount of ammo they sell.

Just remember, unless you have the U.S.Army supply system behind you, full auto is one of the best ways I know of to turn an expensive gun into a VERY expensive club .... and not a very useful club at that.

Just my not so humble opinion.

what Capt Bart said..

I remember an article a while back..it was about the GE minigun.. and i know that is one awesome weapon spitting out lead like water, anyway in the article it was going through what it would take to actually "own" one of those beasts. to be able to maintain the rate of fire normally used for one day of firing you would need about $250,000 in ammunition and that was a decade ago with prices then.

that is an extreme but you think about just going out for one day of fun fire how many mags you would burn through your AR or AK or whatever. I could see a couple thousand bucks being burned up in one day

not to mention full auto was designed for one thing only..suppression fire

The slam fire is not fully automatic as one would imagine. Neither is it accurate in that configuration. However, it can be fun if you are not looking for accuracy and just wasting ammunition. This in not a serious piece of survival equipment. You would be better off paying the Govt. their $200.oo tax and getting a weapon built for the job.

The slam fire is not fully automatic as one would imagine. Neither is it accurate in that configuration. However, it can be fun if you are not looking for accuracy and just wasting ammunition. This in not a serious piece of survival equipment. You would be better off paying the Govt. their $200.oo tax and getting a weapon built for the job.

this but honestly if im going to beg the BATF for something that requires their say so im going for a can.. i see putting a can on my AR as much more practical then making it full-auto but that is just me