Sign in to follow this  
droptrd

LaPolicegear Operator Backpack

Thanks silverwolf55. Tight fit. I think im gonna buy the bag anyway. I have a few of the bail out bags. Theyre great bags and a super sweet price. If the operator pack is as nice as the bail out bag (and im sure it is) im sure ill love it

Spoke with sales rep. Very kind. Asked on some items they had on sale. Also asked how/why is their stuff so cheap.

She opened up to the fact that they will sell items for other companies, wholesalers, and a bunch of bulk stuff [aka junk] out of China.

Some of their stuff from known name brand manufactuers is priced a little less - maybe 10-15%.

They have an email system that will alert you to their sales which is where I found some deals on new but older model optics and they have some clothing sales, although when the clothing goes on sale it can be hit-n-miss to get all colors and sizes.

All in all i give them a thumbs up

I have had that back pack as a GHB for about three months. I replaced a mid size duffle bag with the back pack b/c I decided if I needed to walk a back pack was better than a duffle.

The back pack is well made, but somewhat stiff to work with. If you like a lot of nooks and sleeves for your things, this is the bag for you. If you prefer to pack with larger items and would prefer a larger open style like a large Alice pack, this is not the bag for you.

The back plate sleeve is not suitable for a lap top IMHO.

Hope this helps.

Any comment on the backpack if you got it?

I've got some of their range bags, etc. They're aiight. Chicom for sure, but perfectly serviceable. I wouldn't want to use any of it for daily or heavy use.

My friend has some backpacks by them,and they're about the same. Cheap, useable, not for extended or heavy use.

I discovered LAPG by accident a year or so ago while looking to "downsize" my BOB. I went through a Condor Tobagoga that was too big for my frame with no adjustment), a Kelty Redwing I had but it was red and way too flashy, a Lowe Alpine internal frame I'd used for years backpacking that too was flashy and screamed "I got everything you need right here"!!!! After years and years of backpacking, I've spent the cash lightening the gear load everywhere I could. Trust me, things are way lighter and smaller than they were in the mid to late 60's! I bought one of these from LAPG http://www.lapolicegear.com/diplomat-3-day-backpack1.html I have packed it, added a IFAK and a 200 round saw ammo Molle pouches, all in basic tan. Plenty of additional attach points and room for 3-7 days worth of supplies. I've carried it on several weekend and a couple week long treks, plus drug it in and out of the Jeep. It's held up spectacularly! So much so, I now have an additional 2 of these bags. Did I mention, they are in the "close out" section and priced right!