Sign in to follow this  
ricksconnected

what cha watchin?

I rarely watch movies in color

the only recent movie was the new Sherlock Holmes I liked it but as many new movies a bit

over the top action wise but It was good for a "NEW" movie.

I wish they would have picked another actor other than Downey but that hollyweird for ya.

as far as the avengers I like the old ones the new one made with uma thurman not that good.

the steed character was too young to be steeds counter part and a few other things.

the totally screwed the green hornet titanic made me puke

and one thing I have noticed they have no imagination most crap today is a retread of an old movie

today they corrupt the movie like miracle on 34th street with anti religion.

or change the story line it is not new but the hound of the baskervilles has been remade a few times

the early one with Wontner was good and the Basil Rathbone is the best as to linear and cohesive story.

the rest are quirky disjointed and not any way better.

the new King kong was good and the first Mummy was good but was again too hollywood over the top

I like my actors dead they cannot disparage my country I already know about them if I do not like them

I do not watch their tripe, I really hate it when I like an actor and then they say something anti

American or like Pee wee herman he was kinda funny and unique then he gets caught playing

with himself in public...

I like net flicks and watch all the golden and moldy oldies 99% of the new sh*t I do not bother with.

i just finished watching The Colony, first season. I didn;t think I would like it at first but they had some great ideas. The second season, which I'm about half way thru is quite a different group of people. Fairly good survival skills -- rendering pig fat for bio fuel was a cool idea and building the windwmill to charge batteries was a good use ff scavanged material. I'd like to see what would happen if they took 7 or 8 preppers from this forum and put them in a survival type scenario. The prepper colonists would be required to debrief the forum nightly and we would be required to give them feedback which they would incorporate into their plans. I think that it woud be very entertining,

I just finished watching Out of the Wild- Venezuela, which was awesome. So was the first season (Alaska).

I'm currently watching the Colony (first season). The show can be annoying since the producers are trying to make the show seem legit. The psychologist in particular annoys the shit out of me. I graduated with a BA in Psych and I'm about to enter grad school in psych, 99% of the crap she says is jargon and bullcrap meant to make the show look like a documentary or something. Its really annoying. Aside from that its cool to see the ideas they come up with. Also, the group dynamic is fun to watch.

I just finished watching Out of the Wild- Venezuela, which was awesome. So was the first season (Alaska).

I'm currently watching the Colony (first season). The show can be annoying since the producers are trying to make the show seem legit. The psychologist in particular annoys the shit out of me. I graduated with a BA in Psych and I'm about to enter grad school in psych, 99% of the crap she says is jargon and bullcrap meant to make the show look like a documentary or something. Its really annoying. Aside from that its cool to see the ideas they come up with. Also, the group dynamic is fun to watch.

out of the wild so rocks. loved it. the colony is ok too. i liked season 2b better than 1

I haven't even made it past the first episode of the colony. I go about 4 minutes and want to shoot every one of them. Especially the "security" expert who takes the game and his acting WAY too seriously.

Also 101matt *high five* Firefly!

out of the wild so rocks. loved it. the colony is ok too. i liked season 2b better than 1

I'll check out season 2 soon and let you know what I think.

Netflix/Amazon

THE WALKING DEAD

Does Amazon have any shows/movies that Netflix doesn't have? I'm subscribed to both....but so far haven't found anything on Amazon Prime to watch that I cant find on netflix.

I haven't even made it past the first episode of the colony. I go about 4 minutes and want to shoot every one of them. Especially the "security" expert who takes the game and his acting WAY too seriously.

I hear ya man. The commentary is really annoying. I'm telling you, the producers are a bunch of twits trying to make the show seem super legit.

Does Amazon have any shows/movies that Netflix doesn't have? I'm subscribed to both....but so far haven't found anything on Amazon Prime to watch that I cant find on netflix.

Netflix doesn't have licensing Amazon does., Nexflix has Season 1. Amazon has 1 & 2

Guest kevin
Re watching the "Fire Fly series" on hulu

"Serenity"

Talking about living grey and beating the man!!!!

Inspiring!!

ok I will stop now..

don't stop matt, tell it like it is!........firefly is my favorite of all time......watch it at least once a year ,start to finish.........hell i even watch the steaming pile that is" castle " just to support "mal".......thats dedication.

if you wanna watch another fillion classic watch the movie "slither".....its got the same feel as firefly....couple of the same actors too mal, and the sheriff on t"the train job"

Edited by kevin

which is better, amazon or netflix? which is cheaper too?

I prefer Netflix, you can watch whatever want whenever you want and be mailed discs. But Amazon, you can buy and download a movie if you want 'with a legal license'.

Netflix is the better bang for ur buck.

Firefly and Serenity - two of my favorites (series and movie).

Watched Green Hornet over the weekend. I didn't care for it, but H really liked it.

Getting ready to watch Big Bang Theory from the very beginning - seems like they would be even better when I'm dopey (or more dopey than usual).

Guest kevin

going to watch the big bang too nana.....ive been skimming it enough to know its going to be good......and im always dopey so thats not an issue.

Kevin, I have all the seasons of Big Bang Theory on DVD - for some reason, my H decided that they would make good Christmas and birthday gifts for me. I figure I can sit back, leg elevated, dopey from the meds, and laugh myself silly. I always feel better when I can laugh, or if something isn't funny, it better be very absorbing.

Any suggestions for good movies or series while I recuperate are welcome.