Sign in to follow this  
ricksconnected

what cha watchin?

Guest kevin

nana....not sure of your tolerance for language and violence but, if its high ,these three are my tops( besides fire fly of course): the sheild(t.v. show on dvd).......deadwood(hbo show on dvd).....dexter(showtime show on dvd)

mid range :battlestar galactica(tv dvd)....justified(tv dvd)....breaking bad(tv dvd)

best sitcoms (imo) mash,taxi,cheers,barney miller,friends,soap(first two seasons),that 70s show.

Kevin, thanks for the suggestions. My tolerance for language is considerably higher than for violence, but I can handle a certain amount, as long as it isn't gory. I've never seen The Shield, Deadwood, or Dexter, so I'll check on them. Battlestar Galactica - might be time to rewatch. Justified - H watches that. I'll see which sitcoms are available on Netflix.

Thanks again. It was sweet of you to take the time to think of these for me.

Visvalor, I'll see about Dexter. Thanks for the warning.

Rod, Babylon 5 was great the first time around. I bet I'd enjoy it even more if I were to watch it with no interruptions, the kind you get with six kids. Thanks for the reminder!

Rod, Babylon 5 was great the first time around. I bet I'd enjoy it even more if I were to watch it with no interruptions, the kind you get with six kids. Thanks for the reminder!

My pleasure! I received the whole collection as a birthday present. I was surprised how many episodes I had missed! Also saw a lot more detail. Like you said, I really enjoyed it without the commercials. :o

Guest kevin

babylon 5 is good?......never watched it....have to give it a shot.

nana.....dexter is about a serial killer called the bay harbor butcher.......and it is a bit gory.... your call. it isn't tasteless gore , but if your telling a story about a serial killer.....

Babylon 5 is really good.

A certain amount of blood and gore doesn't bother me, but I don't like it to be the point of the story. And you're right, if you're talking about serial killers, rainbows and kitties are probably not going to be present in abundance.

My favorite show is in year 5. (we have the full set plus the movies, including Excalibur and legend of the rangers)

'A View from the Gallery' is the title; just a day in the lives of a couple of maintenance guys. The point of view is one that I was surprised to find expressed. All the movers and shakers tend to forget the little guys who make it work!

My favorite show is in year 5. (we have the full set plus the movies, including Excalibur and legend of the rangers)

'A View from the Gallery' is the title; just a day in the lives of a couple of maintenance guys. The point of view is one that I was surprised to find expressed. All the movers and shakers tend to forget the little guys who make it work!

Yeah, I agree. Good episode. I found parts of it really funny.

"The Divide" watched it on DVD last night. Its about a preppers nightmare come true. Its seems NYC is under a terrorist nuclear attack. The superintendant of a building is a prepper and was a fireman during 9/11

attacks. The bombs come in and he is trying to lock the basement door on his BOL. But some people get in and he is stuck with them and it gets really ugly from there. Definately a good movie about what can go wrong no matter how well you prepare.

yeah exit, it sure as hell wasnt his memory loss or all the poping and cracking as he gets out of bed in the morning. (sounding like a human bowl or rice crispys) ROFLMAO.

Rick, I forgot about those things until you brought it up but now I know why I am always hungry for cereal in the morning...lmao