Sign in to follow this  
Visvalor

The Visvalor Escape Theory.

Just to note now, my current BOB is a very very old alice pack that's been with me for at least 15 years or so. Prior to that it was an old backpack.

However here is my theoretical problem and my solution should I have the time to implement it.

My parents were makeshift survivalists, they weren't really good at it, but they tried. Their idea of bug out was to grab your BOB, cover yourself in camo and hit pre-ordained patch of woods.

The camo part I've long weeded out of my ideology. Camo gets you noticed. Camo might even get you mistaken for a combatant in the right BO situation. So I've put together a set of very durable street clothes.

That being said, I realized I'm still in street clothes with an alice pack. I live in a very urban environment so I might as well hold a sign that says "I have needed supplies, please shoot me and take them."

With that in mind I've begun looking for ways to design BOB² or better known as the Bug Out Belly.

If I lose a bit of weight, and wear an oversized button up shirt, I should be able to hide a front-pack under my shirt and just look like a regular guy with a beer belly.

Also for more space I am sewing extra pockets on the inside of my BOP (Bug Out Pants :P) which are already 2 layers of heavy denim.

For even more space I am thinking of wearing a modified sling on my right arm and filling the sling with smaller supplies.

I was originally going to use an aluminum medical cane for a walking stick and fill the hollow with even more supplies, but recently I invested in a 6 foot (ext to 12) fiberglass and aluminum painting stick. I figured this would be a much better walking stick, as it would then give me a possibly needed 12 foot+ reach.

To top it all off I have an overlarge straw hat to keep the sun off my head.

So if the world ever ends, and you see a guy wearing an overlarge straw hat with a broken arm and a large beer belly carrying around a paint stick. Don't shoot him, that's just me trying to get away :P

Urban combat colors,or Tydye in brown and green.Tan is the best for pants,or grey..As far as a back pack if I have my Alice on Im in camo and in the woods.Im a bug in person right now so Im dying a basic blue gray and brown ..

My shirts are brown and my pants are black. I'm just worried if I look too camo'd I'll be picked out of a crowd. My BOL is a long long trek from where I live and I think I'd have to pass through a lot of urban areas before getting there.

Ok so here is what I have done,I took a white hoody 2x(I have long arms)bought at wally world 5 bucks (discontinued?)and dyed it .I did a couple of white towels also.

post-1287-13851497957759_thumb.jpg

post-1287-13851497980525_thumb.jpg

post-1287-13851497980918_thumb.jpg

It turned out a bit blue grey,and thats ok !!!

I was told that I looked like a Confederate hippy! My great grand Dad would be proud.lol

Edited by 101matt

Ok so here is what I have done,I took a white hoody 2x(I have long arms)bought at wally world 5 bucks (discontinued?)and dyed it .I did a couple of white towels also.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]922[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]923[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]924[/ATTACH]

It turned out a bit blue grey,and thats ok !!!

I was told that I looked like a Confederate hippy! My great grand Dad would be proud.lol

If you stare at the towel, you can see a face in it. Long pointed chin and nose, seems to be holding something. Could be a Confederate ghost.

Dont get me started on Ghost!!

I have been to Gettysburg many times and Its spookey!!

I have a couple of friends in the "Sons of Confederate Veterans'' and we have all noted that some things cant be explained!!

Side note!!!

"SCV" is being watched very carefully in this area!!

Urban camoflauge is looking as indistinguishable as everyone else does in your particular locale. I believe there is merit

in looking "local" or odd enough that people WANT to leave you alone in any chaotic situation. Nothing wrong wwith that approach as I see it at all.

A fat guy with a cane may actually be a tempting target for some. Just remember that.

The best bet is to blend in as a 'regular' person.

If I lived in a really urban environment I'd probably try and wear all black. If the lights are, it will be very dark outside and movement will be the #1 indicator of a person's presence. Better have a good route pre-planned and ways to keep out of eye-sight if possible.

I'm in the suburbs. My plan is a little different from most people I bet. I still have to do some more planning and figure out a real good BOL. The current one doesn't seem to be ideal.

As far as the clothes I wear when I bug out are concerned it all about function, threat III Vest and weather appropriate everything else. As I will be either driving out and no one who gets close enough to see the pattern on my shirt will not stand a good chance of surviving the 1st 24hrs or I'll be walking out with a family of 6 others and I will not be shy about letting people know that I am dangerous.

DonDon just make sure it's a SHTF scenario before you go shooting people, and not just a fart-hits-your-mustache.

Exit, in my experience the first 6 hours no one believes anything is wrong, and everything is still under control. The next 24 hours you see people going a little crazy and GOOD. After 3 days, it'll be hell.

I'll be gone in the first 2 hours to my first evac point. From there I wait until I know it's either safe to come back or go straight to BOL.

DonDon just make sure it's a SHTF scenario before you go shooting people, and not just a fart-hits-your-mustache.

Exit, in my experience the first 6 hours no one believes anything is wrong, and everything is still under control. The next 24 hours you see people going a little crazy and GOOD. After 3 days, it'll be hell.

I'll be gone in the first 2 hours to my first evac point. From there I wait until I know it's either safe to come back or go straight to BOL.

in the 4th and 5th wards here in houston that is every day occurring scene like L.A.

the people in the inner city will be the last to know because everyday is bordering on crazy.