NavyVet_77

Bug-out BIKE

I agree with you on the lites..and that he did do some underthinking.. I like the idea of shocks..Im getting older.lol

I will take your advice and search around for a mt bike..Im trying to glean as much as possible to fit my needs and pocket book.

thanks Brother Rick.

i understand. hell trade the 10 speed and cash towards a quality new or used MB.

well matt the shocks will help a great deal. i mean its worth every penny if you have to carry a shock rebuild kit to feel comfortable.

with all that weight on the front end, if he hits a bump of any kind his body will be doing a lot of impact absorbing. i would much rather

have a set of quality shocks to help take the bulk of that load. as for his trailer, i would much rather have one of those big tire garden

wagons. i dont want my stuff so low that its getting muddy or wet as we travel. sure he has fenders but the trailer sets lower.

so his intent is to use this as a BOV and i respect that. i think more people should be thinking about a bike as well as their regular bov.

way more pros than cons for a bike. this is, just because its a bike doesnt mean it deserve's any less attention to quality that the regular bov's.

you by the best you can afford, and you take care of the damn thing. i didnt see his tool kit for the bikes either.

ya got tools for the bov cars and trucks, ya need them for the bikes too. one thing missing, a rifle/shotgun sling or fishing rod holder.

parking at a base camp and biking deeper into the woods to hunt isnt altogether unlikely guys. as a matter of fact it might be the smartest

move by far. think about it.

hell ya might use a bike at the lake for a run and gun approach to getting food. ive done it. hell yeah it works.

another thing to think about matt is actually getting fitted for a bike.

nope it aint like when we were kids go grab a bike, if we can touch the ground

then its a fit. lol those were the simple of times. nope get fitted so you will know what size bike is

best for you. yes its that important indeed. the wrong size bike, though might feel more comfortable

at first but if its not a solid fit, it will rob you of power and energy very quickly at our ooops, your, age. lol

another thing to think about matt is actually getting fitted for a bike.

nope it aint like when we were kids go grab a bike, if we can touch the ground

then its a fit. lol those were the simple of times. nope get fitted so you will know what size bike is

best for you. yes its that important indeed. the wrong size bike, though might feel more comfortable

at first but if its not a solid fit, it will rob you of power and energy very quickly at our ooops, your, age. lol

Im very proud that I have lasted 59 years..Oh shit..Im that old.LMAO

Im looking at a bike shop here local...I will get it fitted to my long legs.. lol

Thanks Brother Rick..

Im very proud that I have lasted 59 years..Oh shit..Im that old.LMAO

Im looking at a bike shop here local...I will get it fitted to my long legs.. lol

Thanks Brother Rick..

we too glad you made it 50 yrs. we pray you get that more again.

you will notice a huge difference when your fitted, trust me.

I've used a Mountain bike built by Huffy for 16 years. I just bought a Fuji FAT TIRE bike. I ride on gravel roads, sand and soon snow. The mountain bike just didn't cut it in the sand.

I'm looking for a rack in back and a small seat bag. I'd like to find a small frame bag for a Glock and a magazine.

I tried to find a bottle cage that would take a Nalgene bottle, but couldn't find any. I'm 6' tall and 250#.

I am a bit long in the tooth for a bike but it does make sense just have tools spare tires tubes tire slime etc.  I have seen baby carriers that could be used as a mini trailer some bikes have front fender saddle bags and rear as well as cross bar and handle bar bags.

it is all up to the rider and what they choose to have their bike converted to.  There is always a cut off point for gear to weight and bulk.

Trails that bikes can use will be filled with people on foot who have some skill in th woods so as long as it is planned ASAP it seems a viable idea and after the dust settles and if normalcy comes an optimal vehicle.  I like animals but so many scenarios animals may succumb to weather disaster overflow like volcanic dust flood and drought so there are limitations to any plan just being flexible gives an edge IMHO.