Sign in to follow this  
droptrd

22LR 0% failure rate

Ive found a 22LR round that functions 100% in my Marlin 795 and my 1022. And its loose pack bulk ammo too! Ive never experianced 0 failures with my 22's. The Winchester 555 bulk ammo (walmart carries it). Ive been using CCI mini mag and winchester super x for years. Good stuff but even with that I still get a ftf every few hundred or so. And thats pretty good for a semi auto 22lr. Im over a 1000 rounds of the 555 with no failures of any kind. the 36gr bullet of the 555 isnt quite as accurate as the 40gr mini mag and super x - especially in warm weather - but im still punching 1.5 inch groups at 100yds. I like it! I know not every brand will work in every rifle. The 555 is working for me.

I was just excited to find a bulk round that works perfectly in my rifles, felt like gabbing about it. Anyone else having good luck with their 22's?

Oh yeah, if you remember from an older thread this fall I picked up that 795, I still like it better than my 1022. With CCI mini mag in getting sub moa at 100yds out of the marlin. about 2.5" groups out of the 1022 at 100yds. The Marlin rocks \m/

Oh wow I'm glad that ammo worked for you. My marlin 60 hates it. Jams on almost every single one. Is that still the white box that they carry? I heard the Winchester 555 red box was better. Maybe it's my gun though......

Oh wow I'm glad that ammo worked for you. My marlin 60 hates it. Jams on almost every single one. Is that still the white box that they carry? I heard the Winchester 555 red box was better. Maybe it's my gun though......

Yup, my model 60 doesn't like'em either. Shoots the CCI stingers and the

Federal bulk from Wally world flawlessly.

Try checking and polishing the feed ramp. The 60 likes a different style nose config.

Ive found a 22LR round that functions 100% in my Marlin 795 and my 1022. And its loose pack bulk ammo too! Ive never experianced 0 failures with my 22's. The Winchester 555 bulk ammo (walmart carries it). Ive been using CCI mini mag and winchester super x for years. Good stuff but even with that I still get a ftf every few hundred or so. And thats pretty good for a semi auto 22lr. Im over a 1000 rounds of the 555 with no failures of any kind. the 36gr bullet of the 555 isnt quite as accurate as the 40gr mini mag and super x - especially in warm weather - but im still punching 1.5 inch groups at 100yds. I like it! I know not every brand will work in every rifle. The 555 is working for me.

I was just excited to find a bulk round that works perfectly in my rifles, felt like gabbing about it. Anyone else having good luck with their 22's?

Oh yeah, if you remember from an older thread this fall I picked up that 795, I still like it better than my 1022. With CCI mini mag in getting sub moa at 100yds out of the marlin. about 2.5" groups out of the 1022 at 100yds. The Marlin rocks \m/

I'm glad they are working well for you, I just bought a couple boxes for my 10-22