Sign in to follow this  
biblenguns

New Gun

Just bought a new Saiga 7.62x39. It was about $400 at a local shop. I really did not want to pay that much but I went to several shops and no one had one and they said they were having trouble getting them. I was going to get another SKS,I have had one in the past but sold it.

But after thinking about it I got a new rifle cheaper than I could buy an SKS for, and it takes removeable mags. Although I don't plan any changes , there is no end of options for these guns. I am hoping to get out and shoot it this weekend.

7.62x39 is a common caliber that I didn't have, so getting in this way I thought was pretty reasonable considering the skyrocketing cost of everything ,guns and ammo.

Edited by biblenguns

Congrats! Those are nice looking rifles. That is about what they are running here when I looked. I almost jumped on one one but sanity prevailed. What am I going to do with one more rifle?

Did you have it converted yet?

Congrats! Those are nice looking rifles. That is about what they are running here when I looked. I almost jumped on one one but sanity prevailed. What am I going to do with one more rifle?

Did you have it converted yet?

I went online to check conversion prices, cheapest do it yourself was about$140. I may get a bug to do it in the future but for now I am just going to shoot it as is,thanks for asking.

Guest kevin

?......my sks's take removable mags......but congrats on the new gun.....love the 7.62x 39s, great mid range bullet.

Everything in the AK line that I've seen for a decent price lately is either permanently low cap or fixed mag; probably modded to comply with California rules. I'm seeing the basic AKs going for $600 plus. Probably just where I've been shopping, though. But I don't know the AKs very well. The closest I have is an old SKS with a fixed mag. My dad traded a guy for a stack of the darn things, and I got the one with the fixed 5 round magazine.

Everything in the AK line that I've seen for a decent price lately is either permanently low cap or fixed mag; probably modded to comply with California rules. I'm seeing the basic AKs going for $600 plus. Probably just where I've been shopping, though. But I don't know the AKs very well. The closest I have is an old SKS with a fixed mag. My dad traded a guy for a stack of the darn things, and I got the one with the fixed 5 round magazine.

I was considering an AK,but I could not find one, I believe this coming election has got people spooked and they are grabbing them all up.

I was considering an AK,but I could not find one,

I'm not sure if CZ 858 or VZ 58 are sold in the states, they are a clone of the AK 47. At least in looks they are. I'm in Canada & were not allowed to own AK's , but CZ 858's & VZ 58's we can own. Yes they do shoot the 7.62X39 calibre

I'm not sure if CZ 858 or VZ 58 are sold in the states, they are a clone of the AK 47. At least in looks they are. I'm in Canada & were not allowed to own AK's , but CZ 858's & VZ 58's we can own. Yes they do shoot the 7.62X39 calibre

P210SIG, Alouettes, Ti-Cats Or Argos?

Just bought a new Saiga 7.62x39. It was about $400 at a local shop. I really did not want to pay that much but I went to several shops and no one had one and they said they were having trouble getting them. I was going to get another SKS,I have had one in the past but sold it.

But after thinking about it I got a new rifle cheaper than I could buy an SKS for, and it takes removeable mags. Although I don't plan any changes , there is no end of options for these guns. I am hoping to get out and shoot it this weekend.

7.62x39 is a common caliber that I didn't have, so getting in this way I thought was pretty reasonable considering the skyrocketing cost of everything ,guns and ammo.

I actually found a deal at a gun show, A Saiga in .223 for $360. Could not pass it up ,took it out today and tried it out at 100 yards with iron sights was hitting claybirds what a dead on rifle! Could not be happier. Now my grandson will getting the 7.62x39 when he graduates from high school next year.

saiga

is a great rifle for the price I do not think it can be beat and it looks like a hunting rifle not a black rifle

they shoot good and now you need a AK side mount for a scope and you can still use your iron sights.

here is a link

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/ak-side-mount-with-weaver-rail.aspx?a=148293

they got ammo in stock here is the link

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/search/eSearch.aspx?SearchTerms=7.62x39%20ammunition&eMode=

have fun with it.

Edited by juzcallmesnake

On the SKS, I believe its the 'newer' 'paratrooper' versions that had the removeable magazine. I remember hearing that several years ago when one if the guys I know had one and I asked him about it.

If I remember right his was one of the chinese versions.