Sign in to follow this  
Visvalor

Ahoy!

My name is Visvalor, but I prefer the shortening of Vis. I follow a philosophical belief called Visvalorism. I will gladly tell you all about it should you ask. I am a multi-generational survivalist and spent the bulk of my younger years excited about the "prospects" of an apocalyptic scenario. I have no official military training, but I did experience Hurricane Katrina first hand and I can tell you now, a survival scenario is something to be dreaded, not hoped for. Be prepared, but don't be excited.

I signed up for these forums and many others in hopes of finding conversation and like minds. I won't lie to you, I have very low expectations of "survivalist" communities. In my experience survivalist communities are less concerned with the advent of survival and more concerned with the opportunity to take control of their environment and fellow man should it present itself. The bulk of the membership I find is made up of uneducated, ignorant, bigoted, hateful, spiteful, violent, sexist, and rude inbred hicks. I hope the last sentence describes none of you. While I try my best not to pre-judge anyone, I do apologize in advance if I come off as temperamental as I am intolerant of any intolerance.

With that being said I look forward to chatting with each and every one of you.

I am intolerant of any intolerance.

This made me chuckle.

Welcome aboard, Vis. This is a generally friendly and helpful group of people, who share information and ideas. There are occasional arguments, but overall I think you'll find that you reap what you sow here.

Don't hold back Vis, tell us how your really feel... :P

I don't think any of us would want to try to "take" over. If we did we'd have to deal with all the logistics, work assignments, watch bills, duty rosters, listen to people whine..and all that goes with that.

Edited by vonBayern

Thank you both.

VonBayern. I didn't mean take control in the acceptable way. I mean I've met several groups of "survivalists" over the years that reflect the Holnists from the book The Postman perfectly. They fully intend on enslaving and killing many many people in the opening days of an apoc scenario. Mostly just country based thugs mind you, none of them are terribly bright. But I've heard rumors of ex-military survivalists with a very extreme and very insane survival of the fittest doctrine. That makes me a little bit nervous.

My name is Visvalor, but I prefer the shortening of Vis. I follow a philosophical belief called Visvalorism. I will gladly tell you all about it should you ask. I am a multi-generational survivalist and spent the bulk of my younger years excited about the "prospects" of an apocalyptic scenario. I have no official military training, but I did experience Hurricane Katrina first hand and I can tell you now, a survival scenario is something to be dreaded, not hoped for. Be prepared, but don't be excited.

I signed up for these forums and many others in hopes of finding conversation and like minds. I won't lie to you, I have very low expectations of "survivalist" communities. In my experience survivalist communities are less concerned with the advent of survival and more concerned with the opportunity to take control of their environment and fellow man should it present itself. The bulk of the membership I find is made up of uneducated, ignorant, bigoted, hateful, spiteful, violent, sexist, and rude inbred hicks. I hope the last sentence describes none of you. While I try my best not to pre-judge anyone, I do apologize in advance if I come off as temperamental as I am intolerant of any intolerance.

With that being said I look forward to chatting with each and every one of you.

thank you for your kind and considerate assessment and I am not inbred ask your mother, but I digress,

as to the other charges well some yes some no and don't apologize we can smell you from here.

my only advice wear your aluminum foil hat and buy the duct tape and plastic the government told you

to and you'll be just fine.

and don't forget to take your meds you know how you get.............LMAO

Whoah,

I have no clue what forums you have been hanging out in most of the others I have found were clueless but you will not find psychopaths, sociopaths, or politicians in our AO. The few borderlines that show every now and then usually leave on their own with their tails between their legs. As far as our vets go there are a lot on this forum as well as a good number of currently serving military I havent heard one word of conquest or taking up arms against civilian populaces and if one were that stupid he wouldnt be for long especialy in this forum. The overwhelming majority of us in this forum are free thinkers we toss out our knowledge and thoughts are discussed pro and con no one is told what to think yep we do have attitudes and everyones is differen, here your free to take it or leave it. I dont belong to any other forums it goes agaimst my grain so for me to join it must have somethimg special. So read our past threads and topics for an idea of how it works here if you decide to stay welcome if not its your right.

Snake we got it but slightly rude to the newbe dont you think.

Edited by warrior7r

Lol, before you get into a war with snake, read some threads, take some time to get to know people. I didnt take offense to your introductory post, but I can certainly see how some would. I would venture to say that you have found a good site, just be careful of stepping on snakes toes, he likes to bite, and doesnt bother to rattle before he does ;)

Snake? No beef at all with Snake. He thinks I'm nutty. That's endearing. He hasn't made an argument about killing or enslaving the weak or how I should die because I can use spell check. (The last part I admit is exaggerated)

I've been to some pretty extreme survivalist meetings and forums. If you're not trying to cleanse the world of or enslave any given race, sex, or sexuality then we'll have absolutely no beef.

My experiences in the survivor community have been absolutely terrible.

Yes I did read many of your back logs, but I also read the back logs of other forums and even got to know several "preppers" only to find they had some seriously batshit ideas and beliefs. I'm glad to find you're (so far) not hate driven. I look forward to communicating with all of you.

bWaahahahahh, I wouldn't want an exchange of wits with Snake. That dude can type a 10pg. thesis in

less than an hour. Meant in a good way snake, down boy, down!

well said Visvalor

I reserve the right to yell PAYDAY when you rant though LOL

welcome to the fold.

I believe there are quite a few patriots around here. Don't think there's any rednecks wanting to takeover.

Welcome Vis.....

bWaahahahahh, I wouldn't want an exchange of wits with Snake. That dude can type a 10pg. thesis in

less than an hour. Meant in a good way snake, down boy, down!

I believe there are quite a few patriots around here. Don't think there's any rednecks wanting to takeover.

Welcome Vis.....

I think you hit on something there that is just the point I do not want to take over or tell others how

to live and I especially do not want to be assaulted by media spin on how I need to be more

concerned about gays or or Syria of how america is fat or if my yard decoration makes someone sad

I just want space to be me, they can be them as long as they {whom ever} does not get in my face

because I am not the one restricting "them".

Some people are so self absorbed that unless your marching for their cause or wearing their symbol

or sporting their T-shirt your a "problem or the problem" what ever happened to freedom and individual

rights?

I have 0 stickers on any of my vehicles nada nothing I do not want to see anyone else's either

everyone hollers for privacy and rights and then plaster crap on their vehicles that are meant to

invoke a emotional reaction.

like these punks running around wearing Che Guevara T-shirts it is mind numbing that some family

member did not explain the murderous ways of this marxist and tell them to pick a better shirt.

And burn that one freedom of expression does not mean your suppose to throw sh*t in peoples face.

because kids have no concept of the horrendous actions of these icons they need to be taught.

Again either a total parental failure or ignorance of epic proportions.

I found in my life that until I rattled some ones teeth, they stayed on my azz it's a sorry state of

common decency not to leave people alone.

I wear a hat all the time as far as I am concerned it might

as well be my pecker if you try to touch it I am going to hit you right between the running lights.

I respect others personal space and they better respect mine, SIMPLE to mt mind.

I respect others personal space and they better respect mine

LOL Snake! Kinda my nature also. I kinda like that sig. of your's anyway. I think it's,

"we're all in sh!t, it's the depth that matters" or something to that effect.

We're always in shit, only the depth varies.

I have no beef with people that hold picket signs, or wear offensive ignorant t-shirts, or even express their views of hatred. It is the privilege of breath that allows them to do so. However I don't feel like associating myself with that kind of person.

So I just thought I'd get my rant out there and see what was said. Usually by now someone would have posted something along the lines of "You're a ni**er ain'tcha?" or "Sounds like queer talk to me" or "The weak were meant to serve the strong! It's natural! Derp derp derp derp." or would have threatened me through the internet with some form of childish violence, followed by a description of their very expensive and presumably imaginary firearm.

I'm sure Snake can write a 10 page thesis on his views in under an hour, so can I. I'm not here to play who's got the bigger e-dick. I want to share ideas and exchange views to better hone my survivor mentality. I'm sure I have as much to contribute as the rest. I just wanted to be sure I was in a decent place. I've been blindsided before by reading only a few of the backposts and really haven't the patience left to deal with the blatantly ignorant or hateful.

I have no beef with people that hold picket signs, or wear offensive ignorant t-shirts, or even express their views of hatred. It is the privilege of breath that allows them to do so. However I don't feel like associating myself with that kind of person.

So I just thought I'd get my rant out there and see what was said. Usually by now someone would have posted something along the lines of "You're a ni**er ain'tcha?" or "Sounds like queer talk to me" or "The weak were meant to serve the strong! It's natural! Derp derp derp derp." or would have threatened me through the internet with some form of childish violence, followed by a description of their very expensive and presumably imaginary firearm.

I'm sure Snake can write a 10 page thesis on his views in under an hour, so can I. I'm not here to play who's got the bigger e-dick. I want to share ideas and exchange views to better hone my survivor mentality. I'm sure I have as much to contribute as the rest. I just wanted to be sure I was in a decent place. I've been blindsided before by reading only a few of the backposts and really haven't the patience left to deal with the blatantly ignorant or hateful.

Spoken like a true survivalist! You'll do just fine Vis! Again, welcome.

At my age my wit and vocabulary has lately seemed to elude me.

Lots of interesting stuff here, good links, ideas and discussions.

First ..

hahahhahahahahahahhahahahhahhaahahah...I love it ..WELCOME...you made my Day..I look foward to your post.

JMHO most that are here are just gleaning information on what they need for themselfs and there own preps.We all share GOOD things, as some have stated, a FEW of us RANT.Me included..

So again welcome.VIC