Sign in to follow this  
tinderwolf

Capt's chair

AND SO IT BEGINS!

I have come to the reluctant conclusion that the TEOTWAWKI may actually have begun. Not with a bang, of course, but with a whimper. I have been more and more troubled at what I see on the web and in person. Is it just around Houston or are people driving "angry" now? Not just aggressive but actually ANGRY. What do I mean by that? A good example was the young 'gentleman' who was the third car through the red light (mine was green) and as he drove through he flipped the 'international, single finger road signal' at me. I hadn't honked or given any sign of annoyance. What was the point, other than he was angry about something?

I live in Miami. I see angry people all the time lol.... I can't imagine this would be a real indicator of TEOTWAWKI....unless it was like suddenly EVERYONE.....

Yes I think people may be upset about current events but I think people are also excited that its election year and they have the potential to get rid of people who are not doing what they are suppose to.

On the other hand, It seems like the government keeps getting worse with corruption. Regardless, that doesn't mean things can't change.

Then I see the news reports about HSA buying 450 MILLION rounds of .40 caliber hollow points and an undisclosed amount of .223 ammo.

http://www.gunreports.com/news/news/Winchester-Homeland-Security-40-caliber-ammunition_1726-1.html

You can see in that article that its not the first time HSA buys ammo in bulk. It's also not the first time people get freaked out by such a purchase. Don't get me wrong, it a lot of ammo. However, I don't think there is some conspiracy to begin martial law or something messed up like that.

Then, I see news reports that say the Obama "recovery" from the Bush "recession" was weaker than "expected" and seems to be entering another downturn. Who knew? Europe is falling apart faster than you would believe; my European friends tell me the economy is in the toilet and the governments are starting to get really freaky. Ireland of all places has riots over their budget woes.[/Quote]

Yes but things usually get worse before they get better. The question is how much worse? TEOTWAWKI or damn things kinda suck right now?

http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/weo/2012/update/01/index.htm

There is a link that supports what you say about the world economy. However, no one seems to be ringing alarm bells. I still think we have not hit a tipping point. Maybe I'm being optimistic.

Ruger has announced a long term backlog that has driven them to halt new sales until they catch up. Local gun shops have trouble getting even the most basic parts for various weapons. If you want to kit your own AR, you may have a long wait for parts. I have seen an ever decreasing supply of ammo and parts for some time now, but it is getting much worse. I've also noticed folks selling stuff on Craig's list type sites and the "Bay of e". Friends in various parts of the country have started prepping where before they weren't interested. A co-worker who last year was laughing at me over being one of those prepper wing nuts has now begun to ask about how to prep and how much is needed and how many guns should he have.[/Quote]

Valid points but there have been gun/ammo shortages in the past. Also, I think people sells things on craigslist and 'the bay of e' for extra cash. I never sell things I need. Gas is getting expensive, people are getting rid of stuff just sitting around.

The long and short of the situation seems to be that folks are scared and angry. Perhaps they are angry because being scared doesn't feel good and they are annoyed that their world view isn't working any more.

Agreed!

I don't know for sure, of course; but looking at how Argentina slipped into its current disaster shows tremendous similarity to the US. The fact that Argentina seems to be getting ready for war with England is disconcerting.

[/Quote]

Argentina and the U.K. have gone at it before. Nothing new there.

That the mid-east is about to explode is a given and while we're distracted there I very much fear that China will make its move on Taiwan. Place that in the balance with the Pakistani - India differences between two nuclear nations and the world doesn't look very peaceful. Europe seems about ready to implode over its 'diversity' problem while the US's southern border is a freaking, nightmarish joke.

The situation in the middle east does worry me a lot. However, things have been tense before. The cold war was tense. I think in the end the urge for people to self-preserve, whether for power or simply remaining alive, overrides (or inhibits) certain behaviors. In other words, I don't want to go to war with a neighbor if I know there is a good chance I'm going to die.

That is just a very short summary of some of the most obvious things that are going on. At some point, we must reach a tipping point that prevents a path of retreat without a great deal of very painful work. The first World War was an accident. The powers of Europe thought everything had been resolved only a few days before it all "Hit the Fan". They had missed the tipping point and the built in, automatic responses doomed the world to not one but two world wars. WW2 was a direct result of WW1. That is because, although Hitler had his problems, he came to power because of the conditions caused by the WW1 'peace' treaty.

I'm not sure where the tipping point was in our present situation. I've thought about it but there is so much that could be the point. Still, if I had to choose THE point it would be where approximately half of the country's population was on government handouts. I had considered the possibility that it was when we lost the language but that may be more of a symptom than a cause. Lost the language? Yes, as my bride pointed out this morning, Google is a noun not a verb but we use it as a Verb. Going further back, Xerox is not a verb either. We've been on this road for a long time but when teachers turned into "educators" and neither taught nor educated we were in trouble. Now our kids graduating from government schools can't read, write OR do arithmetic. They can however enumerate their entitlements, God help us.

I have maintained that the "unforgivable sin" in the Bible is calling evil good and good evil. You can not repent of doing something if you don't know it is wrong and you can not correct a problem if you won't admit that it exists. We have ignorant people who have been taught that 'how do you feel about' is a more valid question than 'what happened'. The people screaming for "Justice" for Trayvon are a prime example. They are calling for a legal lynching; no better than the KKK they claim to hate. I guess if they're the ones wearing the white sheets and hoods (should that be hoodies?) then it's OK to be a lynch mob. The point is we have lost the ability to THINK logically and to recognize problems. Illegal aliens are not 'undocumented immigrants'. Ask the French police who can't go into the areas of Paris that are controlled by Sharia law how well that diversity is working out for them. When feelings trump truth, you cease being a rational being and become a sheeple.

I'm not saying than any of TSHTF events can't or won't happen. They may be sudden and catastrophic as in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area on April 3rd or they may still be slower acting like a pandemic. All I am saying is that it appears to me, that the economic collapse of the Northern hemisphere of the planet is well underway and may be irreversible. This election is our last chance and it may already be too late to avoid a large part of the problem like the 27 % unemployment rate that exists in some European countries. When it goes, the Southern hemisphere will quickly follow. The 'Great Depression' won't hold a candle to this one and that lasted over 10 years because the government got involved and made things much worse in their attempts to fix the problems. FDR sowed the seeds of this depression with his 'New Deal' that is still being paid off.

(had to cut some of you're quote out to fit)

I agree with some of your points but my overall feeling is that things WILL get better. I don't believe TEOTWAWKI will happen. I can't believe that. Why? If I believed it I would change my way of life completely. I could no longer envision what the future would be like. Maybe my disagreement stems from the fact that I'm so young and have a long life to live (I hope). I don't know.

All I know is I won't live my life imagining that we are on the verge that at any moment something catastrophic will happen.

What I will do is:

Learn as many useful skills as I can for a SHTF scenario and hope it would also serve me well in TEOTWAWKI as well.

Get gear that serves dual function, recreation AND bug-out/in.

Try to stay healthy.

Stockpile reasonable amounts of food (not more than a year).

Stockpile reasonable amounts of other supplies.

Some say hope for the best and prepare for the worst. I can't do that.

I'll hope for the best and prepare the best I can for anything life might throw at me, including the possibility that there will be no TEOTWAWKI.

Just my -humble- opinion (lol....still playing the devil's advocate)

I hope we all stay optimistic like Exit.

Its part of youth and the chance of a better future..

Im an Old dog now that thrown the dice of "Chance" to many times to see it come up "CRAPS"

I was taught to trust the goverment,and it has proved to a cancer that needs to be delt with.

JMHO

Just my -humble- opinion (lol....still playing the devil's advocate)

Add 3 or 4 decades and then it gets to be 'not so humble':rolleyes: I pray you are right; what I fear the future will be is NOT what I wanted for my kids and grandkids. Still, life does not offer 'do overs' so we make do with what we have. The difference between TSHTF and TEOTWAWKI may well be one of expectations. I certainly think that the person who is prepping for TSHTF is head and shoulders above the grasshoppers who think everything will always be good.

In my part of Texas, rudeness would get you taken out back where 'proper' conduct would be explained to you in terms you were likely to remember for a long time! Each of my children, in their turn, bad mouthed their mother where I was able to hear them. Each of them had explained, in terms they still graphically remember, that NO ONE talked to MY WIFE in those terms. As my middle child said, she knew she was dead because she no longer had a mother and I was 'P**sed' off. They all turned out to be polite young folks and good adults.

Maybe it is a cultural thing, but rude behavior in Texas is/was uncommon. I don't disagree with your analysis, by the way. For me it is the occurrence of all of them together that is unsettling. Thank you for taking the time to explain your thoughts. Again, I pray you are correct.

Add 3 or 4 decades and then it gets to be 'not so humble':rolleyes: I pray you are right; what I fear the future will be is NOT what I wanted for my kids and grandkids. Still, life does not offer 'do overs' so we make do with what we have. The difference between TSHTF and TEOTWAWKI may well be one of expectations. I certainly think that the person who is prepping for TSHTF is head and shoulders above the grasshoppers who think everything will always be good.

In my part of Texas, rudeness would get you taken out back where 'proper' conduct would be explained to you in terms you were likely to remember for a long time! Each of my children, in their turn, bad mouthed their mother where I was able to hear them. Each of them had explained, in terms they still graphically remember, that NO ONE talked to MY WIFE in those terms. As my middle child said, she knew she was dead because she no longer had a mother and I was 'P**sed' off. They all turned out to be polite young folks and good adults.

Maybe it is a cultural thing, but rude behavior in Texas is/was uncommon. I don't disagree with your analysis, by the way. For me it is the occurrence of all of them together that is unsettling. Thank you for taking the time to explain your thoughts. Again, I pray you are correct.

I really liked Texas the times I've gone. I wouldn't mind living there. The people do seem friendlier in Texas. Miami has a very hispanic attitude over here. The thing is we have so many different types of hispanics (and non-hispanics) that it really gives Miami a uniqueness. I think the attitude stems from so many people so close together in such a small area.

As I've said before, I don't disagree that things might get really bad. I just don't think it will be TEOTWAWKI. The U.S. has been going down the crapper for some time now. I don't think we will be the most powerful country (economically) forever. We're beginning to feel it. The only way to change things is to be active and make personal decisions (buying US made products) to better the country.

I don't want to buy imported cars. I own an imported car because it is the cheapest most efficient car in my price range at the time of purchase. My next purchase will be American because GM and Ford finally got their shit together.

I try to do the same with other goods but most things are made elsewhere. Also, its cheaper to buy imported. Maybe as a country we can follow GM and Fords lead and begin making products of good quality here that are competitive price wise. We just have to push our government to allow those contingencies to be in place.

Overall, I think we're in a 'wait and see but also prepare' mode. Its election year, lets make some changes and pray they will be better.

Here is a thought

North Korea surrogate to China as China prods them, could make a stupid move

above ground test or ocean tests either way some one is going to feel threatened

and who ya' gonna call the U.S. of course and we do not have the money to play

security guard over the whole earth.

In fact I think that is the ploy to weaken us with Afghanistan, Bosnia, Iraq, Libya ETC. until

we crash like Russia did, only no one will help us.

I think we will see some tipping points here prior to the November elections. I have a "hunch" Obama and Herr Holder

will try and "suspend" the national elections if present public opinion keeps declining towards the Obamafuerher. I am

admittedly cynical but these guys are Chicago fellows, and they do "things" where the ends DO justify the means as a matter of course. Just my own well developed opinion is all.

Here is a thought

North Korea surrogate to China as China prods them, could make a stupid move

above ground test or ocean tests either way some one is going to feel threatened

and who ya' gonna call the U.S. of course and we do not have the money to play

security guard over the whole earth.

In fact I think that is the ploy to weaken us with Afghanistan, Bosnia, Iraq, Libya ETC. until

we crash like Russia did, only no one will help us.

Who's to say that long range missle they are fueling right now doesn't have an EMP surprise in it for us?

I think we will see some tipping points here prior to the November elections. I have a "hunch" Obama and Herr Holder

will try and "suspend" the national elections if present public opinion keeps declining towards the Obamafuerher. I am

admittedly cynical but these guys are Chicago fellows, and they do "things" where the ends DO justify the means as a matter of course. Just my own well developed opinion is all.

"Herr Holder" you gotta love that!

Lets be real.....There are too many power hungry people for him to get away with something like that.

That would definitely be a SHTF scenario. Civil war and all. Its not going to happen.

Who's to say that long range missle they are fueling right now doesn't have an EMP surprise in it for us?

there is always that possibility but I live in Texas we have our own grid LMAO.... oh and I am prepared.

so let her rip tater chip, it's the only way we can shut up those left wing idiots from Cali

they are so superior and smug they need a shot of reality, {and as long as our military is on the job it will get shot down}

and maybe then our country will get some cohesion and quit this division and internal bickering.

'Snake, you DO know I am a california native, right? I am disgusted by the political pimps in this country that desire to Balkanize or Tribalize this country for their own self-centered interests. I agree that we all need to get back to being plain Americans

without the freaking ridiculous hyphens. I personally care about what a person's actions are, and what kind of people they

are not what the color of their skin is, or the shape of their eyes are. Who gives a crap? Are they good neighbor material? I

can always find something in common with almost anybody except for inbred nitwits that seem to think all Cali natives are

all liberal illegitimi. We are not (speaking editorially of course). I don't care thay the NKs' are fueling their rocket to nowhere

I am assuming that mthe Navy and USAF are prepared to blow it out of the sky if it even begins to veer off course, we do

Have that capability at present. I ty to control what I can control, and D.C. is such a cesspool of corrupt people that

I have doubts they could pull off a once car funeral procession on a one way street. (Gotcha snake!)

whoa boys and girls you noticed that it would never make it our military would take it out.

their crap is WWII low speed our civilians have better rocketry equipment than theirs.

I was hoping an event would bring the antagonistic government types out of power and get

some rational thinkers in the forefront.

Well friends.

noticed north Korea's rocket program FAILED not a big surprise but these guy's are like Wiley coyote

they ain't going to stop because it's who they are {azzholes}.

I got a strange feeling a few scientists are getting grilled literally and their children put into work camps

and wives are now concubines in the local no tell motel IMO.

so same channel same time next week LAUNCH and hopefully another FAIL

Snake,

are you SURE it failed? I saw a report that it failed at an altitude of 120KM. Now if I was interested in an air burst for an EMP weapon and I wanted to test the launch vehicle without giving my game away I MIGHT just stage a launch failure to see how my boost stage preformed up to the altitude I thought I needed. I wonder what the weight of the upper stage is in relation to their nuke? About the same weight maybe?

Now if they have a freighter that could serve as a sea based launch platform and if they could loft a payload 150 mi down range and 120 KM up .......... what mischief could you do with that?

Capt Bart ..Please dont go there..You could give them the IDEA..

they are not smart enough to think it up themselfs..

I hope!!

did you notice the report on the guy who Excaped the Political prision??hmmmmm so we need to free 200,000 people???and we are giving them FOOD that there Military uses?

Thanks HILLERY.

YO Holder Call the UN and have them investigate the "SHOOTINGS" of Political Prisioners.

Another nice Capt Chair edition to the newsletter. Well said Capt and I think we as kids underappreciate what our folks taught us most of the time and by the time we realize how much we owe them, it's too late to tell them.

Capt this newsletter hit home for me. My dad was hardly ever around because he worked two jobs. For a long time I was always mad at home for that. In my mind him not being around meant he didn't care which was as far as possible from the truth. However he taught me a many things even in his silence and absence.