• P210SIG
    • Ironside
    • Mike Uher
    • Mahri
    • EDVedr21
    • American Rogue
    • awake
    • gakjv1611

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

229 posts in this topic

My everyday Carry is something on me 24/7 when i'm out of the house food shopping, gym, work not in the car, locker, or on a desk small flashlight small whistle Bic lighter warped in duct tape small knife and cellphone guess when I fly wont have lighter or knife but that would be the only time will try to post picture but they will be boring to look at. ,

k so like a while ago I posted about guns and such, I live in the wonderful (not being sarcastic, really not) state of Massachusetts. I do not own any fire arms personally so I guess that is why I have not looked into carrying one yet because I have nothing to carry, but I have heard it's a boys in blue only thing, I get weird looks from people because I have a knife on my pocket, and they haven't even seen the leatherman, back up knife, or key chain, or heaven forbid my backpack I have 95% of the time, but they always have something they need cut or adjusted or fixed, or screwed or unscrewed or need first aid, if you wanna make comments and judge, Fix ya own sh*t!!!!!! Excuse me. Some cop followed us out of a pizza place we went to and took my friend out of the car and was harassing him saying that my friend had been looking at his gun in the pizza place and was trying to instigate my friend (who could have easily "dealt with" him) into a fight over where he was accused of looking, so to say the least people are a little touchy on the subject round here. And the po-lice are totally friendly....

I wear a 5-11 vest everyday. It has enough pockets to carry all my extra EDC gear. I carry my Para-14 on my hip along with a leatherman tool, two spare mags and my handcuffs. The vest not only conceals these items but distributes the weight of the rest of my gear while hiding it from view.

This post is to mark the end of the entries for the semi-finalists. The thread is open for comments or clarifications but this marker should help limit confusion for folks browsing through to vote.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks!

The SurvivalCache Team

Great job everyone! Here's my two cents; in EDC I think less is more. The more stuff you have the more likely you're not really going to have it with you all of the time. Fanny packs and satchels,(not a man purse) are fine but I wonder if you'll really have it with you all of the time,(I know some of you do). I think the ladies have an advantage because they have purses that go with them everywhere. My votes go for the people that had less stuff that I think they would reasonably have with them all of the time and covered the three basics - fire, knife, flashlight.

In my opinion Jace, Rod, and Tex nailed it. There were a couple others that were very good but appeared to be missing one of the three basics,(I don't think cell phone flashlights really count because they're not very bright and have a short battery life).

Also, a side arm is obviously a good thing to include in your EDC but I think for a lot of people this is not legally an option. For those that can conceal carry it isn't always appropriate to do so, so for that reason I put less weight on guns for this contest.

Also, a side arm is obviously a good thing to include in your EDC but I think for a lot of people this is not legally an option. For those that can conceal carry it isn't always appropriate to do so, so for that reason I put less weight on guns for this contest.

Agreed. I would definitely include a side arm in my EDC if I didn't live in Commiefornia.

A lot of these submissions have a truly large amount of equipment, including firearms, several large knives etc. Impressive preps? Absolutely!. Every Day Carry? I'm sorry guys. I just don't buy it. I am going back over all the submissions again, but I can't vote for a set up that I don't believe is truly carried every day, in the spirit of this contest.

The basics of my EDC are to last me no longer than 72 hours or until I can get to my B.O.B. or GOOD bag. These are the contents of my kit.

1 Ozark trail Multifunction Tool-- This is always on my Belt in case i need to get to it quick.

Black And Decker clip flashlight-- Comes with colour coated lenses that are red blue and green and a sheath to hold all of it. Runs off 2 AA that i changed to be recharged.

BIC lighter-- Heat, fire, signaling, light.

Zippo Lighter-- same concept of the Bic just a lot cooler.

10M of nylon rope-- Universal.

1 liter Nalgene Bottle

Iodine tablets-- water purifying or first aid

salt-- restarant style little packs 10

Basic EDC Clothes

Cargo pants

T-Shirt

Boots

Belt military style

I truly liked all entries and one thing I eliminated from my own parameters (altho I am very pro carry) was the sidearm, since some live in areas where they have communists forms of government who do not uphold the Constitution. I seen several from our younger members and they really inspire me. One tip I will give, especially for thos in school, who cannot carry basic fire starting gear (lighters, matches), get a small magnifying glass to carry. This will not draw undue attention and will provide at least a means (if sunny) to start a fire. Just my 2 cents and hope it helps.

Great entries all around. I offer applause for each.

Great job everyone! Here's my two cents; in EDC I think less is more. The more stuff you have the more likely you're not really going to have it with you all of the time. Fanny packs and satchels,(not a man purse) are fine but I wonder if you'll really have it with you all of the time,(I know some of you do). I think the ladies have an advantage because they have purses that go with them everywhere. My votes go for the people that had less stuff that I think they would reasonably have with them all of the time and covered the three basics - fire, knife, flashlight. Im out of the house)

In my opinion Jace, Rod, and Tex nailed it. There were a couple others that were very good but appeared to be missing one of the three basics,(I don't think cell phone flashlights really count because they're not very bright and have a short battery life).

I agree when I leave the house my EDC is on my person at all times not in a desk draw when I go to the restroom not in a locker when i'm at the gym or my car when I go to the store, eat ,movies or whatever its on my person at all times (when Im out of the house)

Wow, after reading everyone else's choices, I felt a little under prepared! But everything I carry with me in my pockets is stuff I use everyday and also stuff that could get me out of the building, to the car or allow me to hoof it nine miles home if it was necessary. But I have to admit, I did not include paracord. I'm 62, and it doesn't matter how much paracord I have, I ain't rapelling down anything;). I'm on the third floor, next to the stairwell and I can be out of the building in sixty seconds and in my jeep machine and out of dodge no one knows I'm gone. I have tested this on several occasions. The vehicle has my invasion bag with food, water, clothing, poncho, hat, revolver and full size umbrella which I also use as a walking stick.

The Level I, on-me-all-the-time items are wallet, pockets and the case for my glasses.

The wallet holds a one-sided razor blade, book of matches, ID, cash and DL.

Beyond the wallet the pockets hold a pen, car keys, house keys, comb, Gerber folder, swiss tool, paper clip, two photon lights (red/green), sunglasses, hand sanitizer, small pack of wetones and an iPhone.

The glasses case holds chapstick, earbuds, iPhone recharge cord/USB plug, sometimes 4 quarters, streamlight, 16GB USB stick with personal docs as .pdf's, magnetic pickup tool, nail clippers and a Stanley multi-screwdriver.

I have a second glass case with magnesium bar, Bic lighter, bandaids, antibiotic, advil, aspirin, sundry other stuff, but it ends up in the center console, so its not Level I.

Hope these pictures post ok.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]826[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]827[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]828[/ATTACH]

I'm stunned (not being critical) by what some of you consider EDC. I guess I never thought of carrying that much stuff. I can carry only a little bit in my pockets and only just so much in my purse, but I did think I had a few basic things that would serve to get me to my car and the emergency box in the trunk.

Between my pockets and purse, I have lip balm, cell phone, small LED flashlight, matches/lint in waterproof container, pocketknife, emergency meds, small sewing kit, granola bar, wallet, keys, kleenex, wet wipes folded flat in ziplock bag, small notepad, pens.

Okay, when I dumped out my purse, I also found a box of crayons, a matchbox car, and a mini can of Play Doh, all evidence of my grandnephew having been here. No wonder the danged thing weighed so much!

Anyway, I learned a lot from reading all of your entries and will reconsider what I carry.

Nana you don't have to rethink your every day carry just because us dudes tend to go a little

Over board. If what you have works for you that is all that matters. Sometimes less is better

my edc has been scaled back a bit. i now carry: wallet with a little cash, id, insurance cards, 3 days worth of meds, antibiotic ointment, bandaids, burn gel, gauze pads, cleansing wipes, my glucose meter, glucose tablets, antacids, tylenol for adults and kids, ibuprofen, aspirin, 3 days supply of feminine hygiene products, a roll of quarters, a hairbrush with a mirror for signaling, hairbands, a flashlight, whistle, inhaler, an energy shot, handwipes, a glasses case filled with lenswipes, a glasses cord, pen and a notepad, nail clippers, tweezers, and a small thing of pepper spray, , a multitool, containing flat and philllips screwdrivers and another flashlight, and lastly a couple sets of my disposable contacts (they are my old prescription but its better than nothing if my glasses get broken or lost. also on me at all times is my cellphone, fully charged.

This post indicates the end of the entries for the final portion of the EDC Contest 2012. You are free to post on this thread, this post is just here to eliminate confusion for folks just looking to peruse the entries in making their decision on which one to vote for.

Thanks!

The SurvivalCache Team

Thanks to the contestants and voters for contributing to this contest! For the top 3, look for an email from us in the next few weeks with information on collecting your prizes.

The Survival Cache Team

I am new to this site so pardon me if this isnt correct but... i dont necessarily understand why jace won, especially since he did not follow rule #2 which was to explain why you have the items, and really didnt have the requirements for #1 quality of images since it was just 1 pic that wasnt all that great.... if people could explain to me why they voted for him i would love to hear the explination because i dont understand why his is best....

I voted for him (and others) because I like things simple....

1. His 1 picture captured his EDC very well

2. The quality of the picture was good IMO, it seemed to me he took his time to capture his EDC, including manipulating the lighting (I could be wrong).

3. No he didn't provide a description but it was simple enough that I understood the purpose of each of his EDC items.

4. His EDC is simple enough to carry on him every day with 2 pockets.