• P210SIG
    • Ironside
    • Mike Uher
    • Mahri
    • EDVedr21
    • American Rogue
    • awake
    • gakjv1611

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

229 posts in this topic

Yeah I got it half off, thank you Amazon! And it was rather expensive but I've had many cheap kinves before and the all broke so a reached a little deeper into my pocket and bought a nice one. I,ve always liked blades anyway.

Well here i go. My OP SEC warning lights are going off. As I am currently without a camera and technically challenged to get a phone pic to a computer, I offer my EDC list. I will first inform you that yes i do carry this back pack every where i go. My "Murse" as my better half calls it.

Wallet- cash-cards-typed phone numbers and card with DOB- blood type and allergies

Keys

Cell phone- smarter than me

Kershaw pocket knife

Boker neck knife

Eye Glasses

Timex explorer watch

E.B. back pack

Survival kit- see pica already posted.

Spare knife with widow shatter point and seat belt cutter

Spare eye glasses in case

Safety glasses in case

Ball cap

Rain jacket- heavier jacket when needed

Chap Stick

Eye drops

Eye glass repair/ cleaning kit

Emergen C power

Glock 23 ---13 +1 rounds

Remora holster

Chewing gum

Techlite Lumen Master Tactical flashlight 120\150 lumen\ pluse flash with 3 AAA batteries

Lighter

Survival bracelet

Vitamins

Aspirin

Survival reference book

Pack of peanuts

First of all my back pack is an Eddie Bauer. Reason is their guarantee. It is light gray with light yellow and black accents. Looks more sporty than tactical. Padded straps and back. I carry a spare pair of glasses that are transitions and act as sunglasses. I also carry yellow safety glasses. My watch is a Timex explorer that i bump around during the week or while working on cars ect. My weekend option is my Casio G Shock. My primary carry is my Glock but i will change it up a bit with my Smith and Wesson M&P .40 V-TAC. Survival reference book changes from time to time as i read them again and again. The survival kit is pictured already at http://www.survivalcache.com/forums/showthread.php?758-Survival-kit-for-EDC

Sorry i wont be able to provide pics/proof till Monday night.

Well here i go. My OP SEC warning lights are going off. As I am currently without a camera and technically challenged to get a phone pic to a computer, I offer my EDC list. I will first inform you that yes i do carry this back pack every where i go. My "Murse" as my better half calls it.

Wallet- cash-cards-typed phone numbers and card with DOB- blood type and allergies

Keys

Cell phone- smarter than me

Kershaw pocket knife

Boker neck knife

Eye Glasses

Timex explorer watch

E.B. back pack

Survival kit- see pica already posted.

Spare knife with widow shatter point and seat belt cutter

Spare eye glasses in case

Safety glasses in case

Ball cap

Rain jacket- heavier jacket when needed

Chap Stick

Eye drops

Eye glass repair/ cleaning kit

Emergen C power

Glock 23 ---13 +1 rounds

Remora holster

Chewing gum

Techlite Lumen Master Tactical flashlight 120\150 lumen\ pluse flash with 3 AAA batteries

Lighter

Survival bracelet

Vitamins

Aspirin

Survival reference book

Pack of peanuts

First of all my back pack is an Eddie Bauer. Reason is their guarantee. It is light gray with light yellow and black accents. Looks more sporty than tactical. Padded straps and back. I carry a spare pair of glasses that are transitions and act as sunglasses. I also carry yellow safety glasses. My watch is a Timex explorer that i bump around during the week or while working on cars ect. My weekend option is my Casio G Shock. My primary carry is my Glock but i will change it up a bit with my Smith and Wesson M&P .40 V-TAC. Survival reference book changes from time to time as i read them again and again. The survival kit is pictured already at http://www.survivalcache.com/forums/showthread.php?758-Survival-kit-for-EDC

Sorry i wont be able to provide pics/proof till Monday night.

Here is my list. My wife has been making fun of my "man purse" until very recently. Somehow, over the last 3 weeks or so, she's been able to see that the things I carry are there for a good reason, as SHE'S actually needed many of the items. Anyway, 85% of what I carry is there because I've needed them before and not had them. The rest are there because of this website. Thanks, guys.

pic1

A.Tactical Utility Side Shoulder Carry Bag aka: "The Tactical Murse(man-purse)"

B. These are the items on my body/in pockets. pair union bay sunglasses, RIA 1911 .45, 9 extra rounds in pocket until I buy another mag, Kershaw half-ton (my "workhorse knife" cutting rope, tree bark, etc), Kershaw leek (precision knife: food, extra sharp care needed, etc), paracord bracelet (9-10ft just in case i need to tie someone up, extra shoelace, etc) magnetic bracelet (helps elbow arthritis, and i can cause havoc on a TV if needed), aluma-wallet (as seen on tv: id, cash, cards, Ga weapon permit) cell (compass, first aid book, us army, and marine survival manuals, gps, full copy of authorized 1611 King James Bible)

pic2

C. "Power Tin" 4 AA batteries, 4AAA batteries both for flashlights, 2 9v batteries a wall plug cell charger (the mobile is in the van), i am also waiting for a solar charger to arrive in the mail.

D. "Fire Tin" extra lighter (as a smoker, i always have one in pocket), 2 #7-1/2 12ga shells for starting fire, piece of a candle, flint, wad of lint, 2 packets petroleum jelly, steel wool (with 9v batteries in power tin)

E. "Writing Tin" several mechanical pencils, pens, sharpees, marks-alot marker, large eraser, and a small notebook

F. "Tool Tin" 3ft tape measure(needed before, didn't have), nut driver with several common type flathead, phillips, square, and star bits, 1/16-3/8 nut bits, precision screwdriver set, husky utility razor knife, eyeglass repair kit (also contains a small magnifiyng lens "fire")

pic3

G. "First-Aid Tin" 2 3x3 gauze pads, 15 assorted band-aids, sm roll cloth type medical tape, one flat tweezer, one pointed tweezer, antibiotic ointment, 3 providone-iodine preps, 3 alcohol preps, antisceptic spray, 4 assorted safety pins, sm scissors, lip balm, cough/cold meds, pepto chewables

H. "Misc Tin" 2 pr foam earplugs (tip from SC), sewing kit, knife sharpener, nail clippers, sm roll electrical tape, "swiss army" type knife, plastic case with several large safety pins, several bobby pins, and replacement blades for utility knife

pic4

I. Medicine, ibuperofen, 2 perscription meds, ventolin inhaler(yep, said earlier i smoke. pretty smart, huh?), antacid tablets, cough drops, toothbrush/paste, floss, qtips

J.Light, NEBO CSI Edge flashlight; 50 lumens, self defense lens area (very sharp), one "el cheapo" plastic book light, but it throws a surprising amount of light

K. 1611 King James New Testament, Psalms, & Proverbs (if the cell is rendered useless, i'll need this)

L. Multi tool, and 15 more rounds .45 acp.

The tine really have come in handy. Got them from the corner store near home. They were for a snuff promo, but the owners of the store were taking the dip out and throwing the tins away, so i took all 40-50 of them... I carry this bag everywhere and get ragged constantly, but guess who everyone runs to when they need something?

Here is my list. My wife has been making fun of my "man purse" until very recently. Somehow, over the last 3 weeks or so, she's been able to see that the things I carry are there for a good reason, as SHE'S actually needed many of the items. Anyway, 85% of what I carry is there because I've needed them before and not had them. The rest are there because of this website. Thanks, guys.

pic1

A.Tactical Utility Side Shoulder Carry Bag aka: "The Tactical Murse(man-purse)"

B. These are the items on my body/in pockets. pair union bay sunglasses, RIA 1911 .45, 9 extra rounds in pocket until I buy another mag, Kershaw half-ton (my "workhorse knife" cutting rope, tree bark, etc), Kershaw leek (precision knife: food, extra sharp care needed, etc), paracord bracelet (9-10ft just in case i need to tie someone up, extra shoelace, etc) magnetic bracelet (helps elbow arthritis, and i can cause havoc on a TV if needed), aluma-wallet (as seen on tv: id, cash, cards, Ga weapon permit) cell (compass, first aid book, us army, and marine survival manuals, gps, full copy of authorized 1611 King James Bible)

pic2

C. "Power Tin" 4 AA batteries, 4AAA batteries both for flashlights, 2 9v batteries a wall plug cell charger (the mobile is in the van), i am also waiting for a solar charger to arrive in the mail.

D. "Fire Tin" extra lighter (as a smoker, i always have one in pocket), 2 #7-1/2 12ga shells for starting fire, piece of a candle, flint, wad of lint, 2 packets petroleum jelly, steel wool (with 9v batteries in power tin)

E. "Writing Tin" several mechanical pencils, pens, sharpees, marks-alot marker, large eraser, and a small notebook

F. "Tool Tin" 3ft tape measure(needed before, didn't have), nut driver with several common type flathead, phillips, square, and star bits, 1/16-3/8 nut bits, precision screwdriver set, husky utility razor knife, eyeglass repair kit (also contains a small magnifiyng lens "fire")

pic3

G. "First-Aid Tin" 2 3x3 gauze pads, 15 assorted band-aids, sm roll cloth type medical tape, one flat tweezer, one pointed tweezer, antibiotic ointment, 3 providone-iodine preps, 3 alcohol preps, antisceptic spray, 4 assorted safety pins, sm scissors, lip balm, cough/cold meds, pepto chewables

H. "Misc Tin" 2 pr foam earplugs (tip from SC), sewing kit, knife sharpener, nail clippers, sm roll electrical tape, "swiss army" type knife, plastic case with several large safety pins, several bobby pins, and replacement blades for utility knife

pic4

I. Medicine, ibuperofen, 2 perscription meds, ventolin inhaler(yep, said earlier i smoke. pretty smart, huh?), antacid tablets, cough drops, toothbrush/paste, floss, qtips

J.Light, NEBO CSI Edge flashlight; 50 lumens, self defense lens area (very sharp), one "el cheapo" plastic book light, but it throws a surprising amount of light

K. 1611 King James New Testament, Psalms, & Proverbs (if the cell is rendered useless, i'll need this)

L. Multi tool, and 15 more rounds .45 acp.

The tine really have come in handy. Got them from the corner store near home. They were for a snuff promo, but the owners of the store were taking the dip out and throwing the tins away, so i took all 40-50 of them... I carry this bag everywhere and get ragged constantly, but guess who everyone runs to when they need something?

Here's my question: who's to say which of us don't carry our "tac-murse" (I made that term up for my bag, thanks to the wife & kids) with us everywhere? Mine even goes to church with me. And does anyone take any/all of your pocket items with you if you're in court? Just thinking we can't be too subjective here. If I'm a voter, can I eliminate someone who varries a 9mm just because I wouldn't be caught dead with one?

I don't think anyone in this contest is really very far off from what they think EDC is, I have a EDC bag in my vehicle but like I stated earlier in the thread I like the idea of EDC meaning what is on your person 99% of the time because I can easily get separated from my vehicle or wherever my bag is, its kind of hard to get seperated from whats on my body and in my pockets no matter the event. (This doesn't mean that I don't like the entries that have bags or dislike you guys because of what your opinion of EDC is, I chose my definiton of EDC for this contest because it is what I believe in because it best suits my idea of taking care of myself and family if I need something right now.)

I don't think anyone in this contest is really very far off from what they think EDC is, I have a EDC bag in my vehicle but like I stated earlier in the thread I like the idea of EDC meaning what is on your person 99% of the time because I can easily get separated from my vehicle or wherever my bag is, its kind of hard to get seperated from whats on my body and in my pockets no matter the event. (This doesn't mean that I don't like the entries that have bags or dislike you guys because of what your opinion of EDC is, I chose my definiton of EDC for this contest because it is what I believe in because it best suits my idea of taking care of myself and family if I need something right now.)
O i understand,but i have a BoB kit for the car.My EDC bag takes place of my purse.I carry mine with me everywhere.Even in the stores.So it really is my everyday carry.:D

It means the contest for entering your edc has ended. In the next week or so they will complied all the entries onto a new thread where members can vote on the one they like best

I'm in the same boat as Melissa, even though I'm a dude. I take a lotta heat over my tac-murse and the fact that I carry it, and my 1911 EVERYWHERE I go. I made a choice just a few months ago to do the "prepper thing", and decided then that I would always be ready if something happened, so I carry the tac-murse everywhere...

I'm in the same boat as Melissa, even though I'm a dude. I take a lotta heat over my tac-murse and the fact that I carry it, and my 1911 EVERYWHERE I go. I made a choice just a few months ago to do the "prepper thing", and decided then that I would always be ready if something happened, so I carry the tac-murse everywhere...

I have always been someone who really doesn't care what other people think about me as long as I'm comfortable with me. If it bothers me then there is a reason I may not be doing what I really want to be doing. If I could carry a bag like yours especially with my 1911 I'm it then I really wouldn't give a damn what other people thought because I would know o was doing the right thing for me. Even my wife has tried to get me to stop carrying fire strikers in my coat everywhere because she thinks its weird and unnecessary. I respectively tell her that she wouldnt think so if we got stuck somewhere and it was the only means of getting us warm or for some other use and I don't tell her what she shouldn't carry in her purse so in the end if your OK with it then don't worry about the comments and if they keep coming stop hanging out with those people because if they don't understand you then they are not your friends. Jmho

Very true Tinderwolf.I think it is also where you live that has a effect on things.Here in Montana even on our State Gov. web site they promote survival kits.

http://www.mdt.mt.gov/safety/winter_driving.shtml

http://www.mdt.mt.gov/publications/docs/brochures/winter_maint/winter_survival.pdf

http://www.mdt.mt.gov/safety/docs/emergency-travel-kit.pdf

I'm sure other states do this as well.If your does and someone says something then just direct them to there state Gov.web site:)

Oh, I'm not counting on much. I'm just glad you guys think I stack up better than most people. It's weird when people ask me why I carry a flashlight all the time even during the day, or what paracord is, but that's when I know i'm doing good haha.

kind of a weird contest....the one with the most crap to carry around wins.....more stuff to carry around.

kind of a weird contest....the one with the most crap to carry around wins.....more stuff to carry around.
lol I understand where you are coming from but I'm not voting for the person with the most stuff. Kind of like pitting the right tool on the wrong hands. I'm voting for the best all around kit and sometimes more stuff is just a hassle

i would agree, just because you have alot doesn't really help you, plus you were supposed to explain why you carry each item. it makes no sense to carry a rappelling kit if you live and work on the first floor of a building so why have it ya know? so i will not vote for the person with a full military arsenal unless they explain why they need so much all the time, otherwise its just....extra shit you carry for no reason