• P210SIG
    • Ironside
    • Mike Uher
    • Mahri
    • EDVedr21
    • American Rogue
    • awake
    • gakjv1611

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

229 posts in this topic

Here is a picture of what I carry on me every day. The intent is to have multi uses for items and a little reducancy where it is important. That is why there are two ways to start a fire: matches/lip balm/cotton ball and glass lenses.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]609[/ATTACH]

Most of the stuff like band aids, matches, etc. is flat and easily fits in my wallet. Then there is creative uses of items carried for other purposes. For example, an American Express card will make an extremely good signalling device because the silver ones are so bright and shiny. An other example is the reading glasses many carry have lenses that will easily start a fire.

I was fortunate to have a decent quality watch gifted to me with (surprise!) a compass under the watch face. A trade show provided the pen with a flashlight built in.

I actually used the fishing line and hooks on a trip that I was on and had a bit of spare time with nothing to do. A sapling was quickly converted into a fishing pole and a few worms under an old log had me fishing in no time!

Here is a picture of what I carry on me every day. The intent is to have multi uses for items and a little reducancy where it is important. That is why there are two ways to start a fire: matches/lip balm/cotton ball and glass lenses.

Most of the stuff like band aids, matches, etc. is flat and easily fits in my wallet. Then there is creative uses of items carried for other purposes. For example, an American Express card will make an extremely good signalling device because the silver ones are so bright and shiny. An other example is the reading glasses many carry have lenses that will easily start a fire.

I was fortunate to have a decent quality watch gifted to me with (surprise!) a compass under the watch face. A trade show provided the pen with a flashlight built in.

I actually used the fishing line and hooks on a trip that I was on and had a bit of spare time with nothing to do. A sapling was quickly converted into a fishing pole and a few worms under an old log had me fishing in no time!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]612[/ATTACH]

My EDC:

1. Notepad

2. Kershaw Blur

3. Cheap polarized sunglasses

4. Timex watch

5. Inexpensive durable flashlight

6. 31kN screw lock carabiner

7. Leatherman Tool (7.1) with Sheath (7.2)

8. Lip Balm

9. Memory stick

10. Retractable pen

11. Bic lighter

12. Fire-starting tool (on keychain)

13. Small screw driver (on keychain)

14. Six ft. braided paracord keychain (homemade)

15. 50-75 ft. of paracord

16. Phone with PDF files of survival documents

17. Wallet

The notepad and pen are always useful for taking notes and even writing down suspicious license plates. I have found the Kershaw Blur to keep an edge very well and love that it can quickly be opened as it is spring assisted. I use the Leatherman Tool almost every day for everything from repairing equipment to cutting open boxes. I have found that I have a terrible habit of breaking and leaving sunglasses placed so I have opted for inexpensive polarized glasses. I have found my Timex watches to be the most durable and the battery seems to last pretty long. I keep with important information stored on my memory stick for emergency situations. The lip balm can be used for obvious reasons but is also great in assisting with fire starting. I found the retractable pen to take up less space and clips easily to any shirt that I wear. The lighter I found to be most useful in burning the ends of the paracord when I cut off any pieces for use, but has obviously many other uses. I carry a small LED flashlight due to the long battery life and little space taken up.

Moving onto my keychain, the carabiner I picked up a few years back and I usually keep my keys clipped to this and a belt loop. It can hold several times my weight so could be extremely useful in any situation. I carry a small fire-starting tool. I placed this on my keychain a while back and feel that it is always important to have a backup plan when it comes to building fires. I recently attached the small screwdriver and have used it several times lately. I made the six ft. of braided paracord keychain before I decided to start carrying extra cord. The 50-75 ft. of paracord varies as I use this often and have to replace it often. I have found that extending one loop before tying it up allows me to clip it to the carabiner and easily tuck it into my pocket.

My last two items help to identify me in any situation. In my front pocket wallet, I carry my ID, bank card, and $100 in emergency cash. I also carry a phone capable of displaying PDF files. I keep files containing emergency and first aid procedures as well as a topographical map of the area between my work and home.

Please let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions. I have already placed orders for some of the items that I have seen in these posts. Thank you for everyone who has contributed to this thread.

My EDC:

1. Notepad

2. Kershaw Blur

4. Timex watch

8. Lip Balm

9. Memory stick

10. Retractable pen

11. Bic lighter

17. Wallet

The notepad and pen are always useful for taking notes and even writing down suspicious license plates. I have found the Kershaw Blur to keep an edge very well and love that it can quickly be opened as it is spring assisted. I use the Leatherman Tool almost every day for everything from repairing equipment to cutting open boxes. I have found that I have a terrible habit of breaking and leaving sunglasses placed so I have opted for inexpensive polarized glasses. I have found my Timex watches to be the most durable and the battery seems to last pretty long. I keep with important information stored on my memory stick for emergency situations. The lip balm can be used for obvious reasons but is also great in assisting with fire starting. I found the retractable pen to take up less space and clips easily to any shirt that I wear. The lighter I found to be most useful in burning the ends of the paracord when I cut off any pieces for use, but has obviously many other uses. I carry a small LED flashlight due to the long battery life and little space taken up.

Moving onto my keychain, the carabiner I picked up a few years back and I usually keep my keys clipped to this and a belt loop. It can hold several times my weight so could be extremely useful in any situation. I carry a small fire-starting tool. I placed this on my keychain a while back and feel that it is always important to have a backup plan when it comes to building fires. I recently attached the small screwdriver and have used it several times lately. I made the six ft. of braided paracord keychain before I decided to start carrying extra cord. The 50-75 ft. of paracord varies as I use this often and have to replace it often. I have found that extending one loop before tying it up allows me to clip it to the carabiner and easily tuck it into my pocket.

My last two items help to identify me in any situation. In my front pocket wallet, I carry my ID, bank card, and $100 in emergency cash. I also carry a phone capable of displaying PDF files. I keep files containing emergency and first aid procedures as well as a topographical map of the area between my work and home.

Please let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions. I have already placed orders for some of the items that I have seen in these posts. Thank you for everyone who has contributed to this thread.

My EDC:

1. Notepad

2. Kershaw Blur

4. Timex watch

8. Lip Balm

9. Memory stick

10. Retractable pen

11. Bic lighter

17. Wallet

My EDC (pocket dump) is pretty simple, slimline and tailored to my needs. I also have stuff in my work bag which will sort me out in cases of emergencies I suppose.

EDC (pocket dump; left to right):

Magic Wallet (bank cards, drivers license, work I.D and swipe card)

Samsung Galaxy Mini

Keys with bottle opener, Victorinox Classic and whistle off a Bear Grylls Ultimate knife (got in the way of the pummel so off it came!)

Gerber Paraframe I or Benchmade flick knife (unsure of the model)

Led Lenser P3 torch (16 Lumens, 33m beam)

Although not something on me everyday (weekends it tends to stay at home), thought I'd share the kit anyways...just showing one of each but I have double ups in the kit:

Fire starter, strapping tape, conforming bandage, sterile/cleansing wipes, Ibuprofen, various sized band-aids. All kept in a Pacific Outdoor Pnuemo (pronouced Numo apparently) waterproff zip-lock baggy thingo.

Also have a Leatherman Wingman in my bag, and carry a notebook, pen, Ipod touch and chapstick.

Has been refined over and over to meet my needs and be something practical that I can carry...especially the EDC/pocket dump. Thinking of ditching the knives in favour of a Victorinox Alox Cadet knife...thoughts?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]617[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]618[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]619[/ATTACH]

My EDC (pocket dump) is pretty simple, slimline and tailored to my needs. I also have stuff in my work bag which will sort me out in cases of emergencies I suppose.

EDC (pocket dump; left to right):

Magic Wallet (bank cards, drivers license, work I.D and swipe card)

Samsung Galaxy Mini

Keys with bottle opener, Victorinox Classic and whistle off a Bear Grylls Ultimate knife (got in the way of the pummel so off it came!)

Gerber Paraframe I or Benchmade flick knife (unsure of the model)

Led Lenser P3 torch (16 Lumens, 33m beam)

Although not something on me everyday (weekends it tends to stay at home), thought I'd share the kit anyways...just showing one of each but I have double ups in the kit:

Fire starter, strapping tape, conforming bandage, sterile/cleansing wipes, Ibuprofen, various sized band-aids. All kept in a Pacific Outdoor Pnuemo (pronouced Numo apparently) waterproff zip-lock baggy thingo.

Also have a Leatherman Wingman in my bag, and carry a notebook, pen, Ipod touch and chapstick.

Has been refined over and over to meet my needs and be something practical that I can carry...especially the EDC/pocket dump. Thinking of ditching the knives in favour of a Victorinox Alox Cadet knife...thoughts?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]617[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]618[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]619[/ATTACH]

My Everyday Carry Items![ATTACH=CONFIG]586[/ATTACH]

I also forgot to show my Citizen Eco Diver (solar powered) watch with compass on wristband and I always have polarized sunglasses with me, NightOwl

RB - I like that Gerber knife. good choice

Also the Pnuemo kit looks nice too. Definitely something you could carry on you should you need to walk home. You may want to consider getting a Get-home bag that you keep in the car (if you don't already have one).

EDC was not one of the things I was familiar with, until I started on this forum.

There are a lot of great setups here so far, but I wonder if "Every Day Carry" includes things like bags/packs that you leave in your car or whatever. To my mind EDC is EVERY DAY. That means school, work, church, grocery shopping, the movies or what ever. Obviously a lot of these entries do not fit that definition. I carry quite a bit with me on work days or in the field, but I do not carry most of it to church etc.

My sailor friends tell me Marines take a while to catch on, but IS there a real definition of what EDC should be?

devildog we discussed this briefly earlier in the forum and i would tend to agree with you that if it is not on your person everywhere you go and you leave it in the car it no longer qualifies as EDC and is then part of your GHB or just a piece of equipment in your BOV. mind you thats just my opinion....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]0[/ATTACH]My pockets aren't that big so my EDC is lock blade knife small pen light pea less whistle Bic lighter and of course wallet cellphone reading glasses never use to carry my cellphone but being in elevators all day figured it may help out one day

[ATTACH=CONFIG]0[/ATTACH]My pockets aren't that big so my EDC is lock blade knife small pen light pea less whistle Bic lighter and of course wallet cellphone reading glasses never use to carry my cellphone but being in elevators all day figured it may help out one day

trying to post photes

RB - I like that Gerber knife. good choice

Also the Pnuemo kit looks nice too. Definitely something you could carry on you should you need to walk home. You may want to consider getting a Get-home bag that you keep in the car (if you don't already have one).

I have a get home bag of sorts - its a whole bunch of stuff stored in the wheel well where the spare tyre is (every car in NZ has these crappy things called space-savers - rubbish as a spare tyre but the extra space does have uses! Keeps it out of site). All my get home gear is stored in a drybag inside a small backpack.

Awesome competition to date. Look foward to some more submissions

On my belt Leatherman wave & a 240 lumins flash light that uses one CR123 battery.

A Rat 3 neck knife, key chain has a fire steel attached to it plus a small bubble compus & nail clippers.

My shirt pocket always has a Smith & Wesson tactical pen & a carpenters pencil.

I have a fanny pack that i carry, items inside are miniture wind up flash light, couple of condoms, 12 feet of 550 paracord, my wallet, A small SAS survival book, chewing gum & a couple of energy bars.

Can't carry any personal firearms on me as a daily carry, its not allowed in Canada. LOL.:rolleyes:

On my belt Leatherman wave & a 240 lumins flash light that uses one CR123 battery.

A Rat 3 neck knife, key chain has a fire steel attached to it plus a small bubble compus & nail clippers.

My shirt pocket always has a Smith & Wesson tactical pen & a carpenters pencil.

I have a fanny pack that i carry, items inside are miniture wind up flash light, couple of condoms, 12 feet of 550 paracord, my wallet, A small SAS survival book, chewing gum & a couple of energy bars.

Can't carry any personal firearms on me as a daily carry, its not allowed in Canada. LOL.:rolleyes:

After seeing some entries, I may be over doing it. I keep the following in a small back pack in my truck.

Change of cloths, shirt, pants, shorts, hat, bandana, socks

Sun glasses

Shoes

2 bottles of water

Poncho

Pocket radio with ear buds

sun screen

small 1st aid kit

Flash light

City map

Pocket knife

No CHL yet, so not packing my 9MM compact

After seeing some entries, I may be over doing it. I keep the following in a small back pack in my truck.

Change of cloths, shirt, pants, shorts, hat, bandana, socks

Sun glasses

Shoes

2 bottles of water

Poncho

Pocket radio with ear buds

sun screen

small 1st aid kit

Flash light

City map

Pocket knife

No CHL yet, so not packing my 9MM compact