• Ironside
    • Mike Uher
    • Mahri
    • EDVedr21
    • American Rogue
    • awake
    • gakjv1611

Guest kevin

ooppes try that again. click to enlarge picture above. 1: double headed pliers that fit in the handles which are numbers 3 and 4. the handles house ,a knife, saw, file, 1/4 nut driver, can opener and awl. 4 is an assortment of screwdriver bits that fit the nut driver. they all fit nicely into the tough canvas pouch.

i carry that pouch on number 5. a woven leather belt. t like the woven type because in a pinch i can cut a strand and get three feet if tough leather and still have nine more left to hold my pants up.

6. is a snuff can i use to hold all the rest except 8 and 9. the springy looking thing in the middle is stainless steel wire that is wound into the can. it makes great snare wire for small game.

8 is a small gerber clip pocket knife. 9. a lighter 10. is cotton ball and vasoline(fire) 11.a utility knife blade 12. a small fishing kit that includes twenty feet of line, two hooks, and two jigs.

13 is shrink wrapped water treatment pills. 14. shrink wrapped matches. after ,10,11,12,13,and 14 go into the snuff can, i wrap the lid with several rounds of electrical tape. it keeps out the water and gives me two feet of tape to boot. why a snuff can? i was used to carrying on after all the years i dipped the stuff, and its made to fit in a back pocket. plus i can use it to keep my bait captive while fishing.

Guest kevin

ooppes try that again. click to enlarge picture above. 1: double headed pliers that fit in the handles which are numbers 3 and 4. the handles house ,a knife, saw, file, 1/4 nut driver, can opener and awl. 4 is an assortment of screwdriver bits that fit the nut driver. they all fit nicely into the tough canvas pouch.

i carry that pouch on number 5. a woven leather belt. t like the woven type because in a pinch i can cut a strand and get three feet if tough leather and still have nine more left to hold my pants up.

6. is a snuff can i use to hold all the rest except 8 and 9. the springy looking thing in the middle is stainless steel wire that is wound into the can. it makes great snare wire for small game.

8 is a small gerber clip pocket knife. 9. a lighter 10. is cotton ball and vasoline(fire) 11.a utility knife blade 12. a small fishing kit that includes twenty feet of line, two hooks, and two jigs.

13 is shrink wrapped water treatment pills. 14. shrink wrapped matches. after ,10,11,12,13,and 14 go into the snuff can, i wrap the lid with several rounds of electrical tape. it keeps out the water and gives me two feet of tape to boot. why a snuff can? i was used to carrying on after all the years i dipped the stuff, and its made to fit in a back pocket. plus i can use it to keep my bait captive while fishing.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]573[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]574[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]575[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]576[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]577[/ATTACH]

Here is my EDC

Swiss army knife recruit which has= large blade, small blade, can opener, small screwdriver, bottle opener, large screwdriver, wire stripper, key ring, tweezers, toothpick.

Sog powerlock multi-tool which has- large knife, v-cutter, can opener, file, screwdriver, sawblade, ruler.

Bear grylls scout knife

bear grylls pocket survival

butterfly knife

Jetscream whistle

fire striker

2 zippos

2 regular lighters

Gerber 5 inch paraframe

3 tubes of chapstick

Rayovac roughneck flashlight-3 AA batteries-200 lumens

Bottle of Aleve

Timax expedition digital watch

car keys with two paracord fobs-roughly 14ft of cord

Two 1oz. silver American Eagles

ten foot of paracord in a ripcord setup(read to deploy)

Paracord bracelet, double cobra weave, roughly 14ft of cord with a steel D-shackle

Smith's Pocket Pal knife sharpener

one wallet- $20 in one dollar bills, carious cards (debit, credit, ID, blood type card, emergency contact information and medical information, picture of family) and lots of reciepts and paper cards that can be used for tinder.

One pair of reading glasses.

My paracord belt which has alot of cordage in it

Not shown is my Droid Razer smart phone with the S.A.S app.

Now the other EDC items that I have that CANNOT be taken away or broken are-

Fire building skills

water purification and location skills

hunting, trapping, fishing skills

knowledge of the area's wild edibles.

navigation skills

General first aid skills

Many routes and locations memorized that would be "safe" points around the city, and ways out and back to my home or bol.

I believe that about sums it up, I would like to add that the only thing I don't carry that I would like to (or at least have the option to) is a firearm. The reason I don't, wellllll I would just like to give a big thanks again to the city of Chicago for allowing us to be the ONLY state in the country that does not have a carry law. And I no I don't live in or even close to Chicago.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]573[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]574[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]575[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]576[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]577[/ATTACH]

Here is my EDC

Swiss army knife recruit which has= large blade, small blade, can opener, small screwdriver, bottle opener, large screwdriver, wire stripper, key ring, tweezers, toothpick.

Sog powerlock multi-tool which has- large knife, v-cutter, can opener, file, screwdriver, sawblade, ruler.

Bear grylls scout knife

butterfly knife

Jetscream whistle

fire striker

2 zippos

2 regular lighters

Gerber 5 inch paraframe

3 tubes of chapstick

Bottle of Aleve

Paracord bracelet, double cobra weave, roughly 14ft of cord with a steel D-shackle

one wallet- $20 in one dollar bills, carious cards (debit, credit, ID, blood type card, emergency contact information and medical information, picture of family) and lots of reciepts and paper cards that can be used for tinder.

Fire building skills

navigation skills

General first aid skills

Many routes and locations memorized that would be "safe" points around the city, and ways out and back to my home or bol.

I believe that about sums it up, I would like to add that the only thing I don't carry that I would like to (or at least have the option to) is a firearm. The reason I don't, wellllll I would just like to give a big thanks again to the city of Chicago for allowing us to be the ONLY state in the country that does not have a carry law. And I no I don't live in or even close to Chicago.

Here is my EDC

Bear grylls scout knife

butterfly knife

Jetscream whistle

fire striker

2 zippos

2 regular lighters

Gerber 5 inch paraframe

3 tubes of chapstick

Bottle of Aleve

My paracord belt which has alot of cordage in it

Fire building skills

navigation skills

General first aid skills

Edited by SurvivalCache
Consolidation of posts

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77216713@N07/

So here is my EDC. On my key chain I have a yacht clip and titanium pry bar from County Comm. There is a Pioneer Swiss Army knife, a firesteel and striker, and a church key, (there's a bottle opener on the Swiss Army knife but I've had it forever so I guess it has sentimental value). I keep my truck keys on a separate key chain to prevent losing my house keys and truck keys at the same time. The flashlight is a 4sevens QuarkAA. I like that it's small, fairly bright, (110 lumens) runs on one rechargeable AA battery, and has a tail cap switch so it's easy to use with one hand. My knife is the Emerson CQC 15. The phone is a HTC Thunderbolt with extended battery and Seidio armored case. I have a titanium Swiss Army chronograph. I live in Cali so I don't carry a gun but if I needed to I have a S&W 442 and Kimber Compact Stainless II that are both easily concealable.

So here is my EDC. On my key chain I have a yacht clip and titanium pry bar from County Comm. There is a Pioneer Swiss Army knife, a firesteel and striker, and a church key, (there's a bottle opener on the Swiss Army knife but I've had it forever so I guess it has sentimental value). I keep my truck keys on a separate key chain to prevent losing my house keys and truck keys at the same time. The flashlight is a 4sevens QuarkAA. I like that it's small, fairly bright, (110 lumens) runs on one rechargeable AA battery, and has a tail cap switch so it's easy to use with one hand. My knife is the Emerson CQC 15. The phone is a HTC Thunderbolt with extended battery and Seidio armored case. I have a titanium Swiss Army chronograph. I live in Cali so I don't carry a gun but if I needed to I have a S&W 442 and Kimber Compact Stainless II that are both easily concealable.

Here is my entry. I have broken it up into two separate categories, the first are the items I carry on my person every day, wherever I go. The second is my EDC bag that I take with me everyday however there are times it may not be on me, it is separate from my GHB or BOB so I figured I would include it.

On my person

1. IPhone 4s in Otter Box Case

2. Dockers Wallet: (Cash, Credit Cards, CCW Permit, Drivers License, Insurance Card)

3. Pen

4. Ray-bay sunglasses

5. SOG Trident Knife

6. Keys

7. Streamlight Nano flashlight (attached to keys)

8. Gerber Miniature Suppression multi tool (attached to keys)

9. IPhone Ear Buds

10. Wedding Ring

11. Omega Seamaster Watch. (Graduation gift from my wife)

12. 5.11. Belt

13. HK P2000sk 40 cal. and HK P2000 Magazine with X-Grip adapter.

14. Brigade Gunleather IWB Holster

16. Extra P2000 Magazine in DeSantis holster.

EDC Bag

1. 5.11 Tactical PUSH pack

2. Hand Sanitizer

3. K-Bar TDI Knife

4. Oakley Half Jacket Sun Glasses (with case)

5. Pens / Marker / Pencil

6. Micro Fiber Towel

7. Sun Block

8. 4 AA Batteries

9. 4 CR123A Batteries

10. 2 P2000 Magazines with X-Grip adapters.

11. DeSantis Double Magazine Holster.

12. Pad

13. Coleman Lightstick

14. Tissues

15. Surgical Gloves

16. Smith’s Knife Sharpener

17. IPhone Adapter Cord

18. IPhone Ear Buds

19. Para Cord Bracelet

20. Small Compus

21. Smith and Wesson HRT Knife

22. Smith and Wesson Homeland Security Knife

23. Swiss Army Knife

24. Chapstick

25. Gerber Suspension Multi-tool

26. Advil

27. Small First Aid Kit: [shout Wipes, Wet Ones, Band Aids, Alcohol Wipes, Claritin D, Vitamin E, Imodium,

Matches, Lighter, iOSAT Potassium Iodide Tablets (not pictured)]

28. Fenix PD32 Flashlight

[ATTACH=CONFIG]578[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]579[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]580[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]581[/ATTACH]

Here is my entry. I have broken it up into two separate categories, the first are the items I carry on my person every day, wherever I go. The second is my EDC bag that I take with me everyday however there are times it may not be on me, it is separate from my GHB or BOB so I figured I would include it.

On my person

1. IPhone 4s in Otter Box Case

2. Dockers Wallet: (Cash, Credit Cards, CCW Permit, Drivers License, Insurance Card)

3. Pen

4. Ray-bay sunglasses

5. SOG Trident Knife

6. Keys

7. Streamlight Nano flashlight (attached to keys)

8. Gerber Miniature Suppression multi tool (attached to keys)

9. IPhone Ear Buds

10. Wedding Ring

11. Omega Seamaster Watch. (Graduation gift from my wife)

12. 5.11. Belt

13. HK P2000sk 40 cal. and HK P2000 Magazine with X-Grip adapter.

14. Brigade Gunleather IWB Holster

16. Extra P2000 Magazine in DeSantis holster.

EDC Bag

1. 5.11 Tactical PUSH pack

2. Hand Sanitizer

3. K-Bar TDI Knife

4. Oakley Half Jacket Sun Glasses (with case)

5. Pens / Marker / Pencil

6. Micro Fiber Towel

7. Sun Block

8. 4 AA Batteries

9. 4 CR123A Batteries

10. 2 P2000 Magazines with X-Grip adapters.

11. DeSantis Double Magazine Holster.

12. Pad

13. Coleman Lightstick

14. Tissues

15. Surgical Gloves

16. Smith’s Knife Sharpener

17. IPhone Adapter Cord

18. IPhone Ear Buds

19. Para Cord Bracelet

20. Small Compus

21. Smith and Wesson HRT Knife

22. Smith and Wesson Homeland Security Knife

23. Swiss Army Knife

24. Chapstick

25. Gerber Suspension Multi-tool

26. Advil

27. Small First Aid Kit: [shout Wipes, Wet Ones, Band Aids, Alcohol Wipes, Claritin D, Vitamin E, Imodium,

Matches, Lighter, iOSAT Potassium Iodide Tablets (not pictured)]

28. Fenix PD32 Flashlight

[ATTACH=CONFIG]578[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]579[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]580[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]581[/ATTACH]

juice,

is the edc bag on your person at all times or is that more a GHB?

Let me clarify, The EDC bag is not on my person at all time. I would say I have it "on me" about 50% of the time. If I run into a store to grab milk or want to be a little more discrete I will leave it in the car. However, it is separate from my GHB which is left in my car at all times. I set the EDC bag up to supplement the GHB (which has change of clothes, full first aid kit, water, etc...)

I included it because it is separate from my GHB, and I felt it accurately represented what I leave the house with every morning. If that was not the intention of the contest I will certainly remove the bag and it's contents and be solely judged on the items on my person.

I do something similar to Juice, with a on person/bag setup. I have my son during the day on weekdays because due to owning my own business my schedule is less than the wife's. So I will wait to see if it is ok to post bag before I do my entry...

shadow, in my opinion I agree with you about EDC meaning that it is on your person at all times, not in a bag or a coat or purse because you can get separated from those things even if they are usually close by. However, if memory serves correctly when I read the instructions from the SC team they said they would leave it up to the voters of the forum to decide how they defined EDC....don't quote me on this but I believe that is what the original instructions say. I still like his bag though=)

Im fine with whatever you guys decide. I think I separated it sufficiently enough for voters to understand the difference of what is on my person at all times, and those items in my bag. But if you guys would like me to edit it just let me know.