Sign in to follow this  
Ruger92

Do You Believe In Aliens and UFO's

If aliens are out there, and they have the potential to travel to our planet, I hope they have socially evolved out of the "eat,fuck,fight" stage and don't view our planet as merely an abundance of resources with a few indigenous lifeforms. Even worse, they view us ourselves as resource animals. I'd hate to be some aliens purse, hat, steak, or hair product.

Sounds like you are talking about the Democrats and not aliens. Oh, wait the Dems. just treat and look at us like that. Aliens are supposed to be the good guys. Maybe we can get a real alien to be president. Seems like the other ones can.

Edited by VIS 9

Personally I think the universe is too large for there not to be another form of intelligent life. I dont really buy into flying saucers though. I just hope we can recognize it as intelligence , if they are *vastly* different from us.

Of course hot blue alien chicks would be a huge plus ;)

I'm of a sort of mixed thought as far as aliens is concerned but I KNOW that there are UFO's. I've actually seen three. I like the night and am a bit of a star gazer. I've also lived a lot of my life out where the stars are bright so it is easier to watch the various odd things that are normal in the night sky.

I've seem a lot of falling stars, some of them were BIG rascals with smoke trails. I live under a major flyway and planes are REALLY bright after sunset because you are in the dark and they are still up in the sunlight and reflect it. I KNOW what planets are available to be seen and love to look at them. Jupiter, Saturn, Mars and Venus are all pretty easy to see and look at. I have an app on my phone that shows the night sky that is apropriate for my local, the time of day and the date that shows where the planets are when they are visible and the moon place and phase.

I say this so you know that I am NOT seeing any of these things because I am well familiar with all of them.Unidentified Flying Object does not necessarily mean aliens but the I don't have a CLUE what it is that I HAVE seen.

You tell me, what looks a little like the space shuttle, flies low and VERY slow, and makes NO noise at all. Most jet airplanes have a 165MPH stall speed and prop driven planes are noisy as hell.I saw this thing coming across an open field one night about 1am. I was on Interstate 10 near Beaumont Texas at the time and om my way home from work. What I noticed first was what I thought was a bright search lighs. Curious I stopped and got out of my truck to give it a better look.

It was about 50 feet up and as it got close I could see it pretty clearly. At first I thought it might be a blimp. The Goodyear blimp was stationed in Spring back then and I've seen it a bunch of times. It usually flies a lot higher than that and you can hear the propellers whipping the air and the whir of the motors.

It was sort of triangular and about the size of the shuttle. It passed directly over me and I could see lights inside and window in the front of it with figures there. After it passed there was a big round pipe like hole in the back that appeared to be lines with pulsing white lights. It was for sure unidentified!

The second one I saw along with thousands of others. I was watching TV when a special announcement ran across the bottom of the screen saying that a UFO had been spotted. I went out and sure enough there was a brilliant white light drifting across the night sky. Shortly a couple of jets showed up and they were kicking ass with afterburners on and flaring brightly. Where the UFO made no noise the jets were LOUD. When I saw it it was going from west to east and shortly passed out of sight. A little later(10 minutes) it was back now going east to west and then a little later the jets came back and now they were really making noise because they were pushing the sound barrier and booming. This went on for about 45 minutes and then the bright light just took off and was gone. The next day they said that it was a meteor...yeah!!

The third was just a really weird tumbling multicolored bright tumbling shape in the night sky that was there and then took of and was GONE after a couple of minutes.

I've never seen any little green or grey men and am not sure I believe in them but there IS something flying around that is VERY odd.

You mean that the aliens fly in on ships and do not come through the Star Gate? Bummer! If they do come here, how will we ever be able to deport them? Will they take jobs away from our poor hungry masses or will they just eat them? Will I wake up in the morning with a headache?

Yes, I do believe that some type of life has to exist out there and that it was created by GOD, in my case the Catholic one. I do believe that all creatures are intelligent in their own right. Even roaches, how else could they lived so long in Washington, D. C. and like the rats and roaches in Washington some day they will show themselves. So we better figure out a way to tax them since medicaid is stretched to the max.

Danm, I believe there is intelligent life out there. Mathematically, it dosn't compute that we're the only ones.

Besides, I'm pretty sure I saw one. While I was stationed at the Presidio of San Franscisco, one night while I was on patrol, I was down under the Giolden Gate bridge at Ft. Point. Bautiful clear summer evening. I'm watching a plane coming from the airport, right speed, size, headings etc. All of a sudden it came to a dead stop, hung there for maybe 30 seconds, made a 90 degree turn on a dime and bam!!! was gone.

I love watching the night sky and I have never seen anything like ever again.

Danm, Those are really good sightings, especially the first one. I spend a fair bit of time under the stars but have never seen anything I could not identify. The closest I have ever come was while flying my plane with a friend. One afternoon we were just drilling holes in the sky locally and out of the corner of my eye I saw what I thought were a couple of small balloons drifting along at about 1,500 ft. I pointed them out to my friend and banked towards them. As we got closer we realized that they were not balloons.

It was a triangular shaped object, meaning three white tubes linked together, with a flat side of the triangle upwards and the third point downwards. There was, what appeared to be, very small white balloons on each of the upper corners. A small white box was on the lower point. The balloon-like objects on the top were obviously too small to be providing any lift. I slowed the plane down and wracked her into a tight left turn around the object.

We were close and the object seemed to be drifting along but against the wind. For those of you who fly you know how difficult it is to estimate size when looking at something in the air with you. My best guess is that the triangular-shaped object was maybe three feet on a side. It was very stable while flying.

At first we thought it must be radio controlled but 1,500 feet was a bit high for that and we still could not figure out what was powering it. I banked away from it to see if something was holding it up above us. Not that we could see.

I went back to circling it while we tried to figure it out. I know that weather balloons will release their instrument package when they are done but those come down under a parachute and there sure was not a parachute involved here. Besides, it wasn't losing altitude.

We must have spent at least 15 minutes circling that triangle shaped object until I started to feel the effects of holding the plane in that tight of a bank and keepin that thing in the center while it was moving. We ended up just leaving and shaking our heads.

I spent a couple of weeks trying to find an explanation. Never did.

For a short answer: Yes, I believe.

Other intelligent life? It's very likely.

Alien races superior to ours? I leave this open for debate.

Search Youtube for 'Ancient Aliens' by the History Channel. All 4 seasons are available on Netflix.

As for the invasion thing: Our own scientist say the hardest resource to find in the known universe, is liquid surface water. And the MOST plentyful is Helium gas. If they want water... they could mine it off Europa or a couple other bodys without risking us knowing about it. If they need somekind of combustable gas (for much the same reason we use fossil fuels) they could get it anywhere. WHy come here for resources? THe only reason I think, for a superior alien race to come here and take interest is... "OMG look at this... look at these entities, they have mechanics, math , science, and social structure" thereby recognizing us as an intellegent, yet lesser life form. THey would then research and try to learn about this life form, for the exact same reasons we capture and tag wildlife, for tracking movements, studying breeding habits etc. JMHO

Edited by NavyVet_77

For a short answer: Yes, I believe.

Other intelligent life? It's very likely.

Alien races superior to ours? I leave this open for debate.

Search Youtube for 'Ancient Aliens' by the History Channel. All 4 seasons are available on Netflix.

As for the invasion thing: Our own scientist say the hardest resource to find in the known universe, is liquid surface water. And the MOST plentyful is Helium gas. If they want water... they could mine it off Europa or a couple other bodys without risking us knowing about it. If they need somekind of combustable gas (for much the same reason we use fossil fuels) they could get it anywhere. WHy come here for resources? THe only reason I think, for a superior alien race to come here and take interest is... "OMG look at this... look at these entities, they have mechanics, math , science, and social structure" thereby recognizing us as an intellegent, yet lesser life form. THey would then research and try to learn about this life form, for the exact same reasons we capture and tag wildlife, for tracking movements, studying breeding habits etc. JMHO

Other intelligent life? There has to be some somewhere because it is certainly difficult to find any around this planet. Look what we have for a C-in-C. And look who his #2 is. Really!!? Some one had to vote these idiots in. No wonder the the calender stops when it does.

Here in a nutshell is my reasoning

Betty and Barney Hill abduction Sept. 19 1961

First I have seen a few interviews with them and I believe their story

Second they had no reason to lie and did not attempt to make money or fame.

third some of their clothing have been tested and had anomalies that can not be answered.

If a alien culture advanced enough to travel 4.24 light years with enough nutrition to survive

and all that technology and the probe people physically with needles and leave scars?

we can take a vial of blood and tell hundreds of things from it we have xrays and MRI machines

and more and these star travelers are at our level of technology?

com on people think think if they are so advanced or seeded our world they why do they have the

tech of a 19th century quack dentist, GIVE ME A BREAK!

if they can make you sleep or knock you out then what is all this crap of residual memory

after all this time they can't break into a hospital and steal a drug that works or synthesize

it for future encounters I mean they are soooo advanced they can't synthesize crap we can

we can even make crap taste like orange or whatever.

supposedly WE have been seeing them since antiquity but they ain't learned sh*t about humans

and they are hacking up cattle or scaring people and then not giving us any information or help,

then sorry they are not an advanced anything they are DEMONS terrorizing showing off never

helping hell superman stopped plane crashes but they try to cause them.

the Australian T.V. camera crew doing another story were followed by a UFO and it was filmed.

the UFO was less than helpful.

If they are going to have super intelligence super space travel abilities and have seeded the galaxy

then why the hell can they not find a tank of nitrous and skip all the drama, hell every birthday clown

has got a bottle for balloon making.

Can travel the universe and fly under water but can't knock out a person something a drunk wino can

do in the dark and that is another thing they have no rhyme or reason hell they can take all the drujnks

and dope heads and no one would miss them OH but these super intelligent mind readers can't figure that

out.

If going fast is a sign of intelligence then Nascar is loaded with Physicists not that they are not smart

but we can not apply attributes to physical traits or one ability.

If there is anything I can't stand are stupid aliens.

Other intelligent life? There has to be some somewhere because it is certainly difficult to find any around this planet. Look what we have for a C-in-C. And look who his #2 is. Really!!? Some one had to vote these idiots in. No wonder the the calender stops when it does.

Good point.. hadnt thought of that

Snake you always explain so good and right to the point, when I posted this I had those 2 people in mind and had just finished watching the history channel and I was cerious of what other people might think

Ruger92

COOL I like when I can get my point across without confusing everyone LOL

those 2 were the least likely to try to make up a story I though they seemed unnerved

I can't explain it but neither were happy about talking about it but I guess they were

scared frustrated and having problems reconciling the event.

there have been about a half dozen incidents that when I saw them I felt that is possible

and evidence seems to support real events but they are underlined with such dread and fear

for the victims and I mean victims I it made me wonder why would any intelligent group

harm or create fear it makes no sense we try not to harm animals, if they have bodies and

exist then pain should be obvious not to mention opsec if they are checking in then

like my parents I would not want them to know but these guy's are so over the top

and leave everyone they encounter with a creepy feeling.

that clues me in that they are not benevolent but have some hostility but not the

way to create havoc except through intimidation and confusion not exactly

the day the earth stood still scenario, more like a rivalry.

Are there things in our sky that we can't understand. Absolutely. Should those things be studied. You bet. The trouble with UFOs is that we almost immediately try to identify them. UFOs become flying saucers and then things change. There is a level of noise, even in the most controlled experiment that will always be there. The number of unexplained events is at the noise floor so are they real or noise? I don't know. I find it interesting that the fear of being labeled a wing-nut keeps folks from reporting what might be significant evidence. The electrical 'sprites'

http://www.albany.edu/faculty/rgk/atm101/sprite.htm

post-6-13851497997072_thumb.jpg

were known to pilots of high altitude aircraft for decades before they were picked up on NASA photos from orbit. Once there was proof of their existence, a lot of information was forth coming. Before then no fly guy was going to risk his flight physical by admitting that he saw strange lights above the clouds.

If you take a serious look at the time it took to go from Population III stars that had zero metal content to Population II stars with small amounts of metal to Population I stars like our sun that actually had enough metal around them to form rocky planets you realize that life, at least as we know it (I favor energy beings in the galactic halo, but that's just me), has existed for less than a billion years in the universe (ALL of the universe, not just our galaxy) as a whole.

We MUST have a planet, with water, in the habitable zone of a star that will be around for long enough to actually allow life to form. If you also need comets to bring water and long chain hydrocarbons (a probable requirement) it further limits the possibilities. Off the top, the brightest stars are excluded since they don't live long enough for life to form. Being close to a supernova is detrimental to life formation. As we move to small and dimmer stars, the star exists for a long enough time but the survival zone for life gets progressively smaller. The Sun is a G class star (G-2 I think but I'd have to look it up) and obvious that has worked (assuming there actually is intelligent life on earth - while I sometimes doubt humans are intelligent I have high hopes for whales and dolphins). If you're interested in this

http://www.markelowitz.com/exobiology.htm

is a good page - you can ignore the math if you wish. The key is the narrowness of the continuously habitable zone. It takes 3 to 4 billion years for advance life to develop (based solely on earth history) coupled with how long the star can exist.

If a star is hotter than about an F7 it doesn't live long enough in a stable state for advanced life. If it is colder than a K1 ( number run from 0 to 9 with a F9 and a G0 being one step apart. 0 is hotter, 9 is colder ) the habitable zone just doesn't exist. Sol is a G2 and we won the planet lottery big time.

I just think the physics of the universe will preclude advanced life in most cases. Remeber, without our Ort cloud sending a dinosaur killer our way 65 million years ago

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cretaceous%E2%80%93Paleogene_extinction_event

intelligent life probably does not arise on planet earth. Life can and I think does exist anywhere it is physically possible. The extremophiles seem a fairly strong argument for that fact.

http://serc.carleton.edu/microbelife/extreme/extremophiles.html

It truly seems to take a very rare sequence of events for intelligence life to exist. While I think the SETI efforts are necessary (my pessimism could be wrong) I don't think the odds are in our favor.

Edited by Capt Bart

I think the universe was designed for life. No, I am not going to get all metaphysical. Look at our solar system. Space scientists are speculating that Mars, Titan, Europa and Enceladus could all have life. And that is just in this solar system.

It has only been a couple of decades since we have confirmed the existence of planets around other stars. Now hundreds have been discovered! As Carl Sagan used to say "billions and billions". I would bet that planets are common.

It doesn't take a sun to start life, it takes energy. There are lots of ways to generate energy, tidal forces, radioactivity, etc. Look at the life around the hot vents at the bottom of our ocean. What a surprise!

How much of that life will develop into intelligence? Define intelligence. Are we? Are dolphins? What about whales? There may be several different intelligence's, in different stages of development, on our own planet!

So dinosaurs didn't make it, yet. If they had more time maybe they could have evolved into intelligence. Want proof. Where did birds come from? Now, it is generally accepted birds evolved from dinosaurs.

In my humble opinion, life, any life, evolves toward intelligence. The main ingredient is time.

We have been aware (thinking), as a species, such a short period of time. In fact, it is not distance that divides us from other intelligence's, it is time.

Let me ask a couple of questions. Are we at the end of our evolution? Does life have to take an organic approach to achieve intelligence? Have you thought about humans creating a thinking, evolving intelligence?

My business is software. The experts in this area believe we are 20 to 30 years away from achieving artificial intelligence or AI. Give it a hundred years or so to mature.

Intelligence does not care if it is organic or silicon. It is a big universe out there folks with lots of time.

Edited by Rod

Capt Bart

I had hopes for Whales and Dolphins but unless people quit eating them they may not have the chance.

I am not a save the whales type but I am for common sense these animals are the least numbers wise,

but the more intelligent and some species have saved people so to me leave them alone.

in fact I like the Idea of a rest every 7 years on each species we can all go with out X for a year

cod, oysters, blue crab, lobster whatever one year in 7 some of the species need to be unmolested.

some netting is arbitrary, that is fine but targeting a species we could avoid that as netted fish

need to be processed they cannot be picked and returned once netted they are D.O.A.

because one of these days constant commercial pressure is going to ruin a good thing.

The only problem is getting all the nations to go for it and it should not effect the individual survival

/ sport fisherman for food purpose, limits are in place for them.

SETI well you have to keep them entertained and I am sure tech is being helped and tested

so it is not all negative and I have no will to restrict science BUT I don't want them peeing in my

pool as in getting involved in activism as a group in name individuals are free to do as they please.

If we are a free nation as long as they can fund themselves and do not meddle in others freedoms

as a group then let them play coach.

I think it is a very sad day NASA failed to see the future as some business guru's are wanting to mine

asteroids they should have switched gears a long time ago pure science is fantastic but money

needs to be made to fund it the management failed to guide the service into a dual role.

Unfortunately another great arena burned at the stake of purity their virginal vestments they

were worried about {BUT WE ARE SCIENTISTS NOT BUSINESSMEN} and got their skirts dirty anyway.

hoisted on their own petard or blew themselves up with their own trap.

I do not think Mc cain helped saying were going back to the moon he is so out of his depth

he is a closet democrat and hates becoming irrelevant in the last 6 years he has shot himself in the foot

more times than our vp.

His being for NASA was a nail in their already made coffin IMO....

to the moon