Sign in to follow this  
Jurugarian

Moral

I try to help but she thinks I'm always have an ulterior motive (not that she's wrong) and then I hear about my "alternative" medicine. She suffers migraines, so I went and grabbed a crystal for her at a healthfood store. It worked and she went without migraines, but she still tells me my way isn't correct.

Love her to death but she definitely does not think I know anything medical. To make matters worse, she was told some stories about Iraq from a couple of my troops; I think she has some different views on me any more.

It took about 5 years before I was able to start talking to my bride about RVN. During that time I was in and out of hospitals getting set up to be retired. Never have figured out why she stayed with me but I'm blessed she did. That is the one thing they never tell the GI's or their ladies. Going into a war changes things. A lot of marriages don't make it because of the stress. It is a shock when the love of your life turns out to be different now than when you married him or her.

It took about 5 years before I was able to start talking to my bride about RVN. During that time I was in and out of hospitals getting set up to be retired. Never have figured out why she stayed with me but I'm blessed she did. That is the one thing they never tell the GI's or their ladies. Going into a war changes things. A lot of marriages don't make it because of the stress. It is a shock when the love of your life turns out to be different now than when you married him or her.

They give us all sorts of briefings about it these days, but it doesn't really help when the other person doesn't want to believe it. Seen that a lot over the years, can crush a mans soul when the woman he loves treats him like crap because he "aint the man she married anymore", we've lost a lot of soldiers over the years to their own bullet over that.

They give us all sorts of briefings about it these days, but it doesn't really help when the other person doesn't want to believe it. Seen that a lot over the years, can crush a mans soul when the woman he loves treats him like crap because he "aint the man she married anymore", we've lost a lot of soldiers over the years to their own bullet over that.

man this is...just..I don't know.

thanks Edoubleshot

and viciostom time dose not heal all wounds as you may well know.

My Mother found a grad picture of my fathers unit wallet size pic of each member on a sheet {Korea}

she had it framed and put it in the hall he came in and she asked how he liked it he said thanks great

she said why do you not keep in touch "can't" she pressed him and he said those folks are all dead.

went back as usual and took a nap after work my mom was a bit shaken but she got over it.

the picture hung for a while and was stored my old man was sure that God had all the answers

all he was suppose to do was show up ready and willing and do his best.

that is what he taught me we will never understand here but we have a duty / job and to do our best.

me and him had a few life and death situations he never wavered. and had a sense of humor too

in good times and bad

It's all about attitude and positive reinforcement. Make jokes fool around sometimes, morale is very important. The power of positivity is a force to be reckoned with, keep your buddy up, let him know when he's doing good. Derive lessons from things, if you can. Positivity and laughter, its the next best thing to a full belly and a warm fire.

Guys, you're breaking my heart. My husband is a combat vet from 'Nam and I know how hard it was for him to talk about some of his experiences. I have never been in combat, I suppose it helped being in the service, but it's still a world of difference.

Most women want to understand WHY their man is different. When the silence goes on too long, that's when the wives become discouraged. Of course, there are dingbats who just want to "play" at being a partner in life, you're better off without them.

Tom, please, don't stop talking about what' in your heart.

If this thread does not change I might be eating a bullet

is it just me or is it depressing in here, I figured it out life will hand you a crap sandwich I always

hoped for more bread than crap and making everyone else eat it if it's not their portion is mean

spirited.

I did the self medicating thing {drinking} stupid and a waste I found that happiness comes everyday

and knocks on the door if your too busy on your pity pot it will be back everyday.

Well, that being said my ex could not see that I would come in from work banged up a few times {working at the prison} or with

stitches and she wanted to "talk about it" attempted to be a closet psychologist telling me I was

stuffing my feelings.

I was not, I learned before we got together that we all have multiple identities to others we cannot

control how others think or feel about us so I live my life without concern for their attitudes.

if you let someone or something get to you your giving free rent in your mind to looters who are

stealing your JOY HAPPINESS and LOVE from you and your family so I learned not to drag dead

sh*t home because that will not get you love and affection from your family and you can choose

to wallow in self pity or take a shower with the significant other and go and play with your child /

children and forget the crap and drama the DEVIL THERE i SAID IT THE F@RKING DEVIL IS PUSHING.

That is how he steals your happiness and destroys your life and your family.

I must be stupid it took quite a while to learn that a hot rock and crap can both be dropped in a

split second,once we learn the technique it is a weight off your shoulders and life is so much more.

this does not mean I do not get into oh poor pitiful me wallowing in my crap moments or cussing fits.

but as soon as I realize it I laugh, why because I am doing it to myself and the worst day of your life

is still only 24 hours long.

God is my fortress, that was then and this is now I got scars aches and pains but brooding over them

does not make a paycheck or anyone happy, harboring a grudge is another waste of time.

If you prick me will I not bleed and kick your azz and then I get over it I ain't got time for B.S.

life is too short I asked God for forgiveness I attempted to mend fences that is all I am required to do

God states if you ask forgiveness he is willing and will and removes it as far as the east is to the west.

{paraphrased} I took him up on it and I believe it those who don't will eat a bullet,

I now have the rest of my life to do better if others do not want to forgive me or forget not my crap

it's theirs.

Moral, there it is it is easy a dropping a hot rock any SIN problem mistake whatever you want to call it

can be forgiven by us, not to alter the punishment of those to blame but to save us from self destruction

and there is the secret in the lords prayer,

"Lord forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us".

we need to forgive and ask for forgiveness and God/ Jesus forgives that second no question it is done.

It is hard to do on this ball of dirt we call earth some will never let you forget and WE cannot let it

rent space in our heart or mind as long as we do not start something it is not our problem.

if we have to, we can defend ourselves physically but I have learned to try not to defend yourself

with words it is a wast of time and in an argument those on the outside cannot tell who is the bigger

prick you for trying to make yourself look right or them for accusing you and after enough time has

passed others will realize it's not you it's them.

Life is beautiful if you look forward because there in nothing there YET it's a blank slate ready for you

to start again and in order to get what God has for you, you have to turn loose of the old crap your clinging to.

I know I am a hardazz I know I was and am not perfect but there is one that is, Jesus he saved me

from a bullet and he can save anyone if they will only let him.

IMHO

People told me that years ago it took a while I did not believe it then but I sure do now.

it works in groups as well, harboring a grudge will tear down a group

and even in TEOTWAWKI a sense of humor forgiveness and love will

still exist.

If you have dog crap on your shoes do you walk in with it?

NO you leave it outside and that is how we need to handle

ourselves, to save the ones we love and live with, do not bring our

problems home or have a time to talk it out and drop it.

the old saying never go to bed mad is a good lesson.

Edited by juzcallmesnake

my group is composed of probably the most annoying people you will ever meet. myself included. hubby and i and both kids love to sing whatever comes to mind, sometimes repetitively. our car rides are most often composed of linkin park melodies, any camp tunes that my boyscout hubby or girlscout me can remember. or we do youtube skits. basically we try to make each other laugh in what can sometimes be tense situations, ie kids have been in car too long. we also bring along paper and crayons and coloring books. hubby and i are both jokesters so we are often cracking jokes, and the kids are getting good at it too. our best game by far is to think of the oddest thing we can say and then someone follows that up with a thats what she said. works really good when kids are tired. but hubby and i can be very immature and it helps with the kids. the sterner you get the worse things get ive learned.

My grandkids LOVE to call me variations of Grandpa, with many of them referring to a fully-executed-pull-my-fimger-joke, and they NEVER get tired of it. When I am stressed out, I love the joyful noise the family fills our home with. Puts everything into perspective. Speaking of "perspective", that's a chore I call by that name, that involves cleaning up after our two German Shepherd poo machines. LOTS of perspective to "get". Depression annoys the daylights out of me anyway, might as well shovel something useful.