Sign in to follow this  
jerry9491

Magazines-the ones with pages

What magazine do you think is the best read for preppers?

Jerry,

tough call but if I only could pick one, I think it would be Backwoods Home Magazine

http://www.backwoodshome.com/

Not obviously a 'prepper' magazine but great stuff on rural/off grid living. Mas Ayoob does some firearms writing, lots of 'solar' cooking, canning, preserving, gardening stuff there. I've read it for some few years and I really like it.

I like both Popular Science & Popular Mechanics. Farm Show is another good idea starter.

Field & Stream along with several other outdoor sports magazines often have great tips to add to ones knowledge base. I am sure we all have gardening, woodworking, metalworking, etc etc magazines that add to our knowledge base and prepare us for the future.

I picked up the Sept./Oct. issue of the Backwoodsman www.backwoodsmanmag.com the other day and it has some great stuff in it. If you see it on the newsstand, grab yourself a copy as this issue has several tool making articles as well as a review of Madison Parkers' wilderness training courses. If all the issues are as good as this one it would be one to add to your list of must read magazines.

Edited by Partsman

Backwoodsman Magazine, Nov/Dec 2012, has a good article on expedient DIY "survival" gear. One that I seen was making a vegetable oil lantern.

Grit has an article on "Verticle Gardens" for those with limited space in an urban setting.