Sign in to follow this  
vonBayern

Hammock

Kamp-Rite Blue Ridge Camping Hammock..

Has anyone used one of these???

sportsman has the best price and free shiping .

http://shop.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/kamp-rite-blue-ridge-camping-hammock.aspx?a=1027029

I have seen the reviews on u tube and this can be used on the ground if need be..

your thoughts??

there is just something about a hammock with a top that cant be taken off and the bottom

used as a regular hammock that i dont like.

TY Jerry...

Rick when you coming North?...

im gonna try and do it in the spring/summer of next yr. i need to come up. lots i need to pay respects to

and a few grave sites i need to find myself on bent knee in front of brother. its been a long time and ive went through many changes

since i lived there.

For the financially frugal you can buy cheep netting from walmart and sew it into a tube. You put it over the hammock and tie one end bundled onto your strap. On the other I use a bungie strap. This goes over your overhead line under your tarp and not only keeps the bugs off you from the top but also from the bottom. You can make it for a little of nothing and if you don't want to sew it you can always staple it on the hem. A hammock makes for good sleeping and is lighter and more easily packed than even a small tent and pad. I'm old and the ground seems a lot harder than it used to be! I can tuck just about everything, hammock straps, nylon tarp (that cost more than everything else actually), bug net and cover in something about like a gallon ziplock.