Sign in to follow this  
NovicePrepper

Makeshift weaponry thread?

Just the other night, I had gone for a long walk with nothing but my phone and a bottle of water, totally forgot my gun and knifes. Luckily, I know just how to fashion a knife out of a water bottle. Twist it, smash one side down to a point, you can sharpen it with your teeth, or a little fire, your choice. It is very crude, but it works, darn near cut myself with it when some shady lookin kids ran up behind me (they were just racing haha)

(This MIGHT belong in alternative weapons, but this has to do with urban survival)

Being that most large cities, such as Chicago and New York City, have strict gun laws, I think this thread could help someone defend themselves and G.O.O.D without necessarily needing firearms.

First off: Canes can provide useful. Maybe sharpen a wood cane, or take a cane and mount/ mold a metal blade to it?

I haven't read the other replies so this may have been mentioned, but a cane with a blade hidden in it is often referred to as a "swagger stick." They're typically illegal to possess in public and are deemed a concealed weapon. I'd imagine the cities you mentioned would consider them unlawful to possess as well. If you haven't seen these types of self-defense weapons before then have a look at this random link. http://www.google.com/imgres?q=swagger+stick&start=119&um=1&hl=en&safe=off&sa=N&biw=1093&bih=470&addh=36&tbm=isch&tbnid=mbH-g0N6o2SGLM:&imgrefurl=http://www.heavenlyswords.com/product.php%3Fproductid%3D21552&docid=ggXUJ_R2U0zwGM&imgurl=http://www.heavenlyswords.com/image.php%253Ftype%253DT%2526id%253D21552&w=400&h=267&ei=Z3YHULmBMeHa2AWyz7DgBA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=554&vpy=127&dur=1482&hovh=183&hovw=275&tx=189&ty=85&sig=103832921145830260299&page=8&tbnh=121&tbnw=181&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:15,s:119,i:160

After 9/11 there was talk of using something as simple as a cd/dvd broken in half as a weapon.

My cousin used to have an innovent looking belt buckle that had punch knives inserted on each side.

The best weapon ever used against me though, was a number 2 pencil. The girl sitting behind me in English class had a seizure while holding the pencil and repeatedly stabbed me in the back until I woke up and jumped out of my desk.

the best weapons place some distance between you and your opponent.

long car antenna about 2 feet or a cb whip broken end can be folded and used as a belt hook for inside the pants carry.

1/4 or 1/8 inch steel cable with a ball of lead on one end and an eye on the other for a belt

a pair of knee high black silk socks and a roll of coins inside both

A "D" ring large enough to use as knuckles add a 7/16 chain 18 inches long

1 ounce lead ball tied in the end of a large bandanna

regular bent wood cane bent wood is very strong and light cold steel makes a polymer black thorn walking stick.

an umbrella {very good quality} use riot baton techniques jabbing poking shoving

leather belt with a cowboy / rodeo buckle make sure the buckle is riveted on

Bic stick pens but that allows to close of an encounter

anything with a blade would be considered a illegal weapon places you at a disadvantage after the fact.

flare guns are a safety device with a pepper shell you have a good distance but many LEO's do not

get that they are not a gun but if you use it against someone then it became a weapon like a 2x4 is lumber

until you hit someone then it's a weapon and most judges do not care who started it they well happily

prosecute both with equal fervor, doubles the fines and probations fines all in one fell swoop.

Prison shows talk a lot about toothbrush shivs (Shivs are improvised knives, made from sharp objects, shanks are sharpened). Put a razorblade in the bristles of a toothbrush and melt the bristles down to hold the blade. Screws work as well.