Sign in to follow this  
ricksconnected

looking for a good pocket camera.

ok guys i need a camera.

im in need of a camera something like a nikon cool pix in size.

whats important to me is being able to do good HD video/recording and good upclose pic's.

i know there has bound to be a camera nut on here. so who can help me?

oh, i dont want to spend an arm and a leg either.

I havent purchased a digital camera in a few years, so the technology may have gotten an upgrade since then, but the current SONY digital camera I do have shoots video, but only for a max of ten minutes, and the quality is bad. Now like I said the tech has probably improved since then I regular digital still cameras, but I would still recommend a digital video recorder for vids.

I havent purchased a digital camera in a few years, so the technology may have gotten an upgrade since then, but the current SONY digital camera I do have shoots video, but only for a max of ten minutes, and the quality is bad. Now like I said the tech has probably improved since then I regular digital still cameras, but I would still recommend a digital video recorder for vids.

hey jace

dude tons of videos on youtube are done by camera these days. yes tech has changed so much in the last 3 yrs even. if i can get a few 10 minute videos on a card at the same time i might be ok with that.

I have a Canon Powershot ELPH SD 1200, 10 megapixel. It is a superb camera, does video, has removable SD card, the bigger the more pix. I do not do videos, so I can't speak much for that. They look good to me, what few we have done. The newest version will have a different model number. Do a search for ELPH.

It has great zoom, closeup etc, all the cool stuff. Thru the lens viewfinder etc.

The only drawback is that it does not take AA batteries. It has a proprietary Canon battery pack.

My son in law had one three years older than mine and I loved it. So I bought one about 5 years ago now. I still love it. It is very intuitive and easy to run.

Shirt pocket size. about 2"x3.5"

Guest survival101

The Elph sounds like the best. I carry in my EDC an Olympus Tough TG310 14 Megapixel. It's water-resistant, in fact, it can take underwater photos. It can also do 3D pix, though I don't know how to do it. And, if you know you will be on the water, it has it's own little life vest, a floaty, to attach in case it falls overboard. It is compact, lightweight, and comes with a very neat case that resists water and fits tightly. Oh, the price at Sam's was about $125. a few months ago.

Edited by survival101

The Elph sounds like the best. I carry in my EDC an Olympus Tough TG310 14 Megapixel. It's water-resistant, in fact, it can take underwater photos. It can also do 3D pix, though I don't know how to do it. And, if you know you will be on the water, it has it's own little life vest, a floaty, to attach in case it falls overboard. It is compact, lightweight, and comes with a very neat case that resists water and fits tightly. Oh, the price at Sam's was about $125. a few months ago.

wow sounds cool. does it do good video and good "up close" pics 101?

Guest survival101
wow sounds cool. does it do good video and good "up close" pics 101?
I have absolutely no idea. Though I could operate a 35 mm with finesse back in the "day," I can't get the hang of this thing. It does do video, It has telephoto and wide angle, and I've been pleased with the pictures for the most part. I think with some knowledge, and some practice, the answer would probably be affirmative.

Rick i had a kodak M863 that was great had the little square battery and memory car took great pictures and i could use my solar charger to charge the battery.After st pattys day it broke im looking for another but could only find one on ebay from canada.Im still looking for a very cheap digital camera.

ok guys i need a camera.

im in need of a camera something like a nikon cool pix in size.

whats important to me is being able to do good HD video/recording and good upclose pic's.

i know there has bound to be a camera nut on here. so who can help me?

oh, i dont want to spend an arm and a leg either.