Sign in to follow this  
TahoeShane

Girls With Skills!

I've often thought that it would take a "special" girl to live in a bunker, eat MRE's, go without showers, clean/kill game, etc. I even thought about creating a dating site that matched like-minded women and men. As we know, our families need to act as a "unit" in order to survive. If the one we have decided to partner up with ends up being the "weak link," its going to be a long winter!

Today I read this article that addresses that very issue. It's pretty good reading!

http://www.survivalhelpcenter.com/?p=398

Enjoy and stay safe!

"Be Prepared For Anything, Because Anything Can Happen" TahoeShane

Guest survival101

"His idea of an attractive woman is someone who is physically fit and loves the outdoors. “I’m not looking for someone wearing a designer dress and purse — I want someone who looks wholesome, and a woman wearing a backpack in her profile picture is an automatic 10,” he said." Wow! Fortunate that my better half loves me for me. But if not, this would be the one.

I'm so relieved. I was wondering how I'd find the guy to help me design my dream BOL after I win MegaMillions tomorrow night!

On the other hand...

“I’ve come across a lot of freaks who live in a hole in the ground, who message me and say, ‘Run, run to me — I’m a mile underground in the middle of Nebraska,” said Larissa Kama, who lives in Portland, Ore. “I don’t want to hide down in a bunker for the rest of my life. I’m really okay with the outside world — we’re not facing any end-of-world scenario yet, so I want to live in this moment.”

Hey Melissa, Thanks for the reply....I thought it would be a good idea. Because if your a girl looking for a guy or the other way around, it would be easier to find that "special someone" if the search started in the right place....right? I may just create the site....and Melissa, you could be the spokeswoman?

so a dating service is NEEDED for you Gals???..I understand the need for NON MOMMA BOYS ..

Oh and my wife drove a 4 wheel drive TRUCK when we first started dating..Yes I was impressed..the truck TOO..

Uncle Matts test for young men..

Do they Respect thier Mother???

Do they Honor thier Father??

Do they understand that if for any reason they lift a hand to strike you that they will PERMANENTLEY lose the use of that hand??

Ok so I have great Son in Laws..

LMAO

Edited by 101matt

Uncle Matt's test for young men:

Do they Respect their Mother???

Do they Honor their Father??

Do they understand that if for any reason they lift a hand to strike you that they will PERMANENTLEY lose the use of that hand??

LOL Good start. There are a few more useful questions:

Do they treat people with respect even if those people aren't in a position of power/authority (i.e., waiter, cashier, valet, random people encountered on the street, etc.)?

Do they show kindness toward animals?

Do they play along with silly games when kids are around (like answering a play phone when a toddler hands it over)?

Do their friends behave in a way that makes you feel comfortable?

Any "no" response in the above list is a big red flag. A guy can put on a good show in a controlled environment and he can say all the right things, but his actions toward "weaker" people or animals reveal a lot about his true character. And someone who is angry, condescending, or thoughtless in everyday situations is eventually going to treat you that way, once the newness of your relationship wears off.

Glad your daughters made smart choices, by the way!

LOL Good start. There are a few more useful questions:

Do they treat people with respect even if those people aren't in a position of power/authority (i.e., waiter, cashier, valet, random people encountered on the street, etc.)?

Do they show kindness toward animals?

Do they play along with silly games when kids are around (like answering a play phone when a toddler hands it over)?

Do their friends behave in a way that makes you feel comfortable?

Any "no" response in the above list is a big red flag. A guy can put on a good show in a controlled environment and he can say all the right things, but his actions toward "weaker" people or animals reveal a lot about his true character. And someone who is angry, condescending, or thoughtless in everyday situations is eventually going to treat you that way, once the newness of your relationship wears off.

Glad your daughters made smart choices, by the way!

a lot of thought (or experience) went in to this reply.

Oh Shit what will they come up with Next???

“Doomsday dating” really does exist: websites designed to match those with particular skills and resources for dealing with disaster, be it nuclear attack, extreme weather or economic collapse. Only in the US, perhaps, but with the petrol panics of last week (not to mention that “well from hell” off the coast of Scotland) maybe we could do with a version for dear old Blighty.

LMAO....

well hell

I'am out of the running got my better half she does not like skinning but she will if she has too.

she's ok with cleaning fish and loves fishing hunting not so much.

and she will cook whatever so we be copacetic companero's amigo's etc..

a few months after we got together she was introduced to my other self and was good with it

as it was necessary at the time and she's got her redneck side I have had to drag her off a time or two

under the right circumstances she would drill you and sleep like a baby.

they are around I know a few.

I love the idea of a survivalist dating site. I just happened to accidentally meet a fellow survivalist. I was very very lucky. However I always have wondered "what if" I had not met her. I'd be stuck with someone who probably couldn't get along with who I really am. Two thumbs up. Brilliant idea.

Easier solution, move to the South and find a real country girl. One that grew up in the south, on a farm, shooting guns, riding horses, and can drive a truck B). I'm not against dating sites per-say, I just don't get them. I guess it makes things easier, you only get matched with those who already think like you, but on some level its fun to win over the other person to your way of thinking, or show them stuff. Its the thrill of the game, I don't think you can get that on a dating site. I taught me ex how to shoot. She wasn't opposed to guns, but had just never shot before. Granted I probably won't date a girl unless I know she leans Conservative on the political scale, but that's my only big stickler.

When I saw the article a few weeks ago I thought it was a great idea and was thinking about creating a dating site for survival minded people. Turns out there was already one. It's called Survivalist Singles! There's already about thousands of people on it. Makes sense to me. There's a great article on it at www.survivalhelpcenter.com. Have a great day!!

so a dating service is NEEDED for you Gals???..I understand the need for NON MOMMA BOYS ..

Oh and my wife drove a 4 wheel drive TRUCK when we first started dating..Yes I was impressed..the truck TOO..

Uncle Matts test for young men..

Do they Respect thier Mother???

Do they Honor thier Father??

Ok so I have great Son in Laws..

LMAO

I have an ex-ranger son-in-law who was afraid to ask for my daughter's hand. He telephoned the request in. My bride thought it was hilarious .... I was a tad put out ... I didn't think I was THAT bad! But you are absolutely correct, if you enjoy being vertical, breathing and above room temperature, do NOT harm a lady in my presence (actually in the presence of any son of Texas) because the consequences would be dire.

I have an ex-ranger son-in-law who was afraid to ask for my daughter's hand. He telephoned the request in. My bride thought it was hilarious .... I was a tad put out ... I didn't think I was THAT bad! But you are absolutely correct, if you enjoy being vertical, breathing and above room temperature, do NOT harm a lady in my presence (actually in the presence of any son of Texas) because the consequences would be dire.

Amen Brother!

I don't mean to derail the thread but I'm curious. Maybe I'm out of touch with reality, but do people actually still HIT women anymore? I haven't heard of a single case in about 15 years, but it's been about 15 years since I've lived in places that house people that hit women.

I don't mean to derail the thread but I'm curious. Maybe I'm out of touch with reality, but do people actually still HIT women anymore? I haven't heard of a single case in about 15 years, but it's been about 15 years since I've lived in places that house people that hit women.

This is interesting. I hadn't thought about it but you're right. You don't really hear about real cases anymore. In fact I've never really known a battered woman, but I used to be one (30 years ago). I guess everyone hides it, but it would be nice to think that any guys who would do such a thing just realized how lame they are.

You guys are true gentlemen. I'm happy to have found such an honorable group.

Yeah it's been at least 15 years since I heard of a case, and that case didn't go so well for the guy. Is it possible we've socially evolved as a species without even realizing it? Even if it's unlikely, it's exciting.

Sorry to contribute to the hijacking of this thread, but it needs to be said that domestic violence is a very real and very widespread problem.

From the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence:

• 1 in 4 women will experience domestic violence in her lifetime
  • It's estimated that 1.3 million women are victims of physical violence by an intimate partner each year
  • Almost one-third of female victims of homicide that are reported in police records are believed killed by an intimate partner
  • Less than one-fifth of victims of physical violence injuries seek medical treatment
  • Most cases of physical violence are never reported to the police; it's estimated that less than 1/4 of assaults, 1/5 of rapes, and 1/2 of stalkings by an intimate partner are ever reported
  • Approximately 20% of the 1.3 million women who experience domestic violence annually obtain civil protection/retraining orders; of them, over half of the restraining orders are are violated

http://www.ncadv.org/files/DomesticViolenceFactSheet(National).pdf

Edited by oregonchick
formatting glitch