Sign in to follow this  
ricksconnected

the travon martin shooting.

I think the ironic part of this situation is thousands of people marching and shouting and carrying signs that say "Justice for Trayvon'...but they are shouting that Zimmerman should be imprisoned for murder.

Justice is due process of law - meaning that Zimmerman should get a trial like everyone else. He gets to give his side of the story, the prosecution gets to present its side of the story, and then a jury weighs the evidence to see if there's enough to prove 'beyond a reasonable doubt' that he is guilty. Because under the law, everyone is innocent until proven guilty - that is the justice system in this country.

Chanting that he should be imprisoned - before he has ever had a trial - is the very definition of injustice, and the opposite of what their signs say. In fact, their behavior almost ensures that there will be grounds for a mistrial, since so much of what should be evidence has been tainted by media manipulation.

I have no doubt, however, that if Zimmerman faces trial and is found NOT guilty, the same people who are chanting 'justice' today will be throwing bricks and burning cars because 'justice' didn't give them the result they really wanted.

survivalcyclist

your right but I looked at it this way:

you meant the injustice they want, because people like that have no interest in rights but their own just

emotional justice this is a new age lynching by media and fanatical frenzy.

funny how thing go full circle ain't it.

and 101matt you can get a million man group together and just like the TEA PARTY the media will

not give you time or even acknowledge your actions maybe FOX but I would not count on them either

unless you have a few idiots show up in sheets then the cameras will roll and your message will be

trampled by the people running away from you and the message and if you know all of them and

have security these kind of folks will infiltrate your group to disparage and undermine it.

they hate you they hate everything even their own because these actions end in riots and killing

they use their own like pawns in a power game.

and all those nobodies in the background think they will gain power from being seen with the mighty.

it's all about "THEM" and that kind of crazy there ain't no cure for.

JCMS..

We dont need a large group to be heard.

Useing the freedom we have by engaueing in peacefull "Talk" with thoes who will listen..little by little..

If for any Reason TSHTF..well it wont matter ..

JMHO

Guest kevin

to quote ron white: "you can't fix stupid". it may be my cynical nature, but it seems to me its to late for the masses to "get the message". most are so entrenched in just keeping the status quo, or milking the system that pulling their heads out of their a$$es is to much work or to scary. so if you do try to organize a way to call attention to a problem they view it as a treat to their happiness.....and to their minds the world can go to hell in a hand basket as long as they aren't required to accept any responsibility for their actions, or rather lack of action........in short, i think its to far gone to fix it......just wait til nature takes its course and thins the weak......then the strong will rebuild.....not my rules, just the survival of the fittest, and with humans fittest has always been those smart enough to adapt/over come/prepare.

"Justice is due process of law - meaning that Zimmerman should get a trial like everyone else. He gets to give his side of the story, the prosecution gets to present its side of the story, and then a jury weighs the evidence to see if there's enough to prove 'beyond a reasonable doubt' that he is guilty. Because under the law, everyone is innocent until proven guilty - that is the justice system in this country."

I think the issue is that he was let go right away. I do a lot of buying and selling, just cuz I say I want fifty ("Zimmerman should be imprisoned for murder") doesn't mean I won't take thirty-five (legit investigation). Outrage gets results, you ask nice, you ask twice. I do think that people marching over any story on the news is stupid, but if we are talking about the community where an unarmed kid was shot buy a batman wannabe.......

This guy will never get a fair trial people will be to scared to acquit him even IF I Said IF hes Innocent you got people wanting to kill him putting bounties on his head calling him wannabe cop/batman could it be he was just fed up and sick of the crime in his gated community who knows. Was reading somewhere that more blacks are killed in one year by blacks then all troops kill in both wars to date but there's no OUTRAGE about that If the guy was black that shot him none of us would never have heard of this

Inkspot, you are correct in stating that black.on-black violence and homicide is not decreasing at all. Check with the US DOJ-Uniform Crime Report and you can see the reported facts from the reporting municipal and county and state agencies.

Nobody really cares that Sharpton, and Jackson and the likes of Sheila Jackson-Lee never ever admit that their people or constituents keep on preying upon each other without any let up. It is a true tragedy that no one seems to give a crap about at all, certainly not the so-called reverends or the Congressional Black Caucus-although the latter might try to find a way

to blame that genocide on Bush as well. Makes no sense at all.