Sign in to follow this  
spindrift

Panic buying in the UK

Well yesterday the trade union whos members deliver petrol/diesel said they may go on strike. Then some stupid polititian said that people may want to consider filling their petrol tanks and maybe store a jerry can of fuel at home. Cue crazed panic buying and all the pumps running dry! It was crazy! Queues of cars with their owners getting all excited with one another. And this was just because there MAY be a strike, there would be 7 days notice for gods sake, and this happens!

Think it may be time to step up my preperations and repair the punctures on my bicycle!

Well yesterday the trade union whos members deliver petrol/diesel said they may go on strike. Then some stupid polititian said that people may want to consider filling their petrol tanks and maybe store a jerry can of fuel at home. Cue crazed panic buying and all the pumps running dry! It was crazy! Queues of cars with their owners getting all excited with one another. And this was just because there MAY be a strike, there would be 7 days notice for gods sake, and this happens!

Think it may be time to step up my preperations and repair the punctures on my bicycle!

Thanks for the information spindrift! I sincerely hope things calm down. I always look to the UK as a barometer. Our news services here don't seem to be able to report these events very well.

I agree with Rod, our news is 99.9% focused on America and thats it. Its like most Americans dont realize that there is a whole world out there beyond our borders, that can impact us at any time. So I also appreciate the heads up.

I agree with Rod, our news is 99.9% focused on America and thats it. Its like most Americans dont realize that there is a whole world out there beyond our borders, that can impact us at any time. So I also appreciate the heads up.

That's the understatement of the year.

had a head ache that would kill a democrat this morning so I had to take a pill and while I was

wandering through the channels cnbc stock market from the pit at the CME group had a gentleman

on.

He was like a machine gun, facts and figures and our national & international debt he was flabbergasted

by the markets surge over the last 2 quarters.

he stated to the lady interviewing him, you could tell she wanted to be anywhere but there because this

guy was on fire and she obviously was on the opposite side but stuck in the time line.

out of all of it his direct answers and stating 4 more countries are in worse shape than Greece and

the fact we have had only a 2% upside since all these bailouts and money being pumped into our

economy that this number appalled him {I am guessing 1 trillion input 1/3 rd of the GDP in one

shot only garnished 2% increase in GDP} so you went to gamble took 100 dollars and left with 2 bucks.

WOW our personal credit card debt and other debt are all up per capita she asked how his group

was positioned he explained that he was riding in the herd as you cannot buck the market.

but other than magic he could not see how the values were moving up.

Since then the show has busted a gut throwing numbers and charts of personal opinion polls on how

the economy is doing {like a cat covering up sh*t} but no real numbers to bolster the argument.

I do not know if we are able to extract ourselves from this economic pit we have never faced such

a hill to climb coming out a major war and not into one.returning vets unemployment blah blah

it is a dark future ahead I think prepping for me is for a protracted economic downturn

if not an out and out depression I do not know and do not like to fear monger but anyone in 5 times

their yearly salary and then a house note is in deep trouble and that is exactly what our economy

looks like to me.

We had a similar problem in Phoenix about 8 years ago. The main fuel pipeline into Phoenix broke and people started hoarding gas and pumps ran dry. Prices went up to over $2.00 per gallon. Man, we had it good then.

wish it was 2 bucks a gallon now a friend has a pickup truck takes over 100 dollars to fill it

$2 - $4 a gallon! over in your neck of the woods, I wish it was so cheap in the UK :) we are looking at about $6.70 a gallon on average over here. One of the main petrol stations even put his prices up 6 pence per litre, profiteering at its worst.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17545258

yes i know what scared me about the UK an Europe was the price of liquor and beer when I was

there I was too drunk to drive so petrol prices were not important.

now that I do not drink petrol prices are biting my arse I can't win for loosing LOL

actually its about 3.80 to 3.90 a gallon it is still crap we are all

subsidizing poor nations inability to support themselves gas in Kuwait

is under a dollar so it should be in Texas and so should it be in the UK

as north sea and Texas oil is plentiful BUT NO we get screwed IMHO

regular gas in mexico is 2.80 to 3.00 dollars now tell me how that works.

Edited by juzcallmesnake

Much the same as when the powers that be decided that freon 12 refrigerant was the devil that was destroying the ozone....tax tax tax....from about a $1.00 a can to well over $20.00. If you take the taxes out of the picture the real cost is less.

Well thought id add a bit of an update to my topic. Not quite panic buying, but it happened this weekend in the UK. Heavy rain in the north of England led to flash floods in many areas cutting them off. Over the same weekend RBS (Royal Bank of Scotland) NATWEST (national westminster bank) two of the biggest players in the country. Had a computer problem which prevented people withdrawing cash. Something of a perfect (if very small) storm from a prepping point of view over here. This small and short lived emergency illustrated perfectly to my family why I keep going on about having plenty of supplies stocked up "just in case" Im new to prepping but even my meagre supplies came in handy. Now my other half and many members of my family understand why I talk about "just in case" all the time and that it isnt about TEOTWAWKI The missus went shopping today and asked what other supplies we might need "just in case" made me all warm and fuzzy inside :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recent Topics

• HELLO! WELCOME TO THE GREAT TEMPLE OF ILLUMINATI WORLD RICHES. Are you a business Man, politician, musical, student and you want to be rich, powerful and be famous in life. You can achieve your dreams by being a member of the Illuminati brotherhood, and receive a monthly salary of $500,000 USD. We are ready to change your life, we can make your Dreams come true, also we are going to give you everything that you need in this Life .... *Riches  *Power *Famous *Wealth  With this all your dreams and heart desire can be fully accomplish,So have you make up your mind that you want to join the great Illuminati brotherhood to become rich and famous in life population and also you will be protected from all evils against you and your family.
      If you're really ready to be a member of the great Illuminati Brotherhood then contact us via WhatsApp:  +1 315 203 9948 or our official Email: {officialilluminati999@gmail.com} Visits our Websites for more info: https://illuminatiofficial666world.wordpress.com

• HELLO! WELCOME TO THE GREAT TEMPLE OF ILLUMINATI WORLD RICHES. Are you a business Man, politician, musical, student and you want to be rich, powerful and be famous in life. You can achieve your dreams by being a member of the Illuminati brotherhood, and receive a monthly salary of $500,000 USD. We are ready to change your life, we can make your Dreams come true, also we are going to give you everything that you need in this Life .... *Riches  *Power *Famous *Wealth  With this all your dreams and heart desire can be fully accomplish,So have you make up your mind that you want to join the great Illuminati brotherhood to become rich and famous in life population and also you will be protected from all evils against you and your family.
      If you're really ready to be a member of the great Illuminati Brotherhood then contact us via WhatsApp:  +1 315 203 9948 or our official Email: {officialilluminati999@gmail.com} Visits our Websites for more info: https://illuminatiofficial666world.wordpress.com

• INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,,  I GOT SOMETHING NEW
      Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months! See how it works
      Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
      Make up you mind before applying, straight deal... Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
      via email address::{Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}

We have specially programmed ATM cards that  can be use to hack ATM
      machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
      stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
      buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
      and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
      you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
      services, we are here for you anytime any day. Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS: Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
      Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
      Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
      Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
      Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!! The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
      email address:: {Universalcardshackers@gmail.com} Visit our Website for more Info: https://automatictellers.webs.com
      ®
      Make up you mind before applying, straight deal... Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us

services, we are here for you anytime any day. Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS: Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
      Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!! The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
      email address:: {Universalcardshackers@gmail.com} Visit our Website for more Info: https://automatictellers.webs.com
      ®

®