Sign in to follow this  
Zombie is my bitch

top 4 zombpocalypse weapons

What would be ur choice handgun round?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What would be ur choice handgun round?

• 9mm parabellum
    • 45. acp
    • 45 long colt (yes the judge counts here)
    • 40 S&W
    • 38spl / 357
    • 9mm short (380)

Okay I'll play

XD 40 with a bunch of twenty rnd mags (have the gun, can't own the mags.)

12 ga. Mossberg w/ 7 rnd tube (have)

AR platform .308 w/ a bunch of 100 rnd drums (can't own)

Hand and half broadsword (have)

So I'm mostly ready for the ZA.

ok....

so when ur doe being a mall ninja try again.

Edited by Zombie is my bitch

I'll choose the zombie thread as my first post :D

1. Ruger LCR in 357. probably just carry 38 special though - this is for non-zombie's who want to mess with me, you won't be the only one out there and the other might not care about your life- but may want your stuff or your hideout. I'll take the lower fire rate for ease of servicing no worries about misfires.

2. Lever action rifle in same caliber. For hunting and distance protection from those other humans or if for some reason i need to shoot a zombie farther away.

3. Keltec PLR22. Main zombie destroyer. Hi-cap for if you get in a jam and small enough for smaller spaces. Also use for some smaller game hunting.

4. Becker BK7 or BK9 - Last line of defense and definitely usefully for prying, chopping, and what not.

I'd focus more on the human problem, as far as the zombies are concerned, if they're more than 30 feet away just keep walking - only shoot if you find yourself close to a group or they're blocking an escape route or something valuable.

ok....

so when ur doe being a mall ninja try again.

im confused... your post right after this is the same thing...? He said xd 40 (which is a good handgun) mossberg 12ga (which is a great shotgun) .308 AR (good ar platform...) and a sword... What's the difference between him being a mall ninja and you?

Zombipocalypes

Well....

THe Walking Dead likes shotguns, 9mm, 1 scoped rifle (probably .308) and has one .357 (Rick)

Dawn of the Dead; Shotgun, 9mm (refered to as "puzzy 9mm rounds") and .357... and a chainsaw

and my favorite

Shawn of the Dead: only one 30/30

FOr the purpose of Zombie stompin, of course we ALL KNOW you gotta shoot a zombie in the head, a shotgun has GOTTA be the wep to use for best results.

im confused... your post right after this is the same thing...? He said xd 40 (which is a good handgun) mossberg 12ga (which is a great shotgun) .308 AR (good ar platform...) and a sword... What's the difference between him being a mall ninja and you?

i'm glad you asked. it's really not the weapons themselves, but the ubur hi caps mags.

here are the reasons:

1. hi cap mags are prone to both cause jamming, get caught up easier, and (and this is realistic) causes a sense of .... let's call it the "rock and roll" mind set rather than complete ammo spamming.

2. where is he going to find all the ammo he need for all of them.

3. guns arn't usally very heavy, guns w/ ammo are. guns w/ LOTS of ammo are really heavy. yes, you can't argue this point. i did an educated guess, and i would say that that leads to about...50 to 80 pounds worth., and that is just the guns , mags, and ammo.

and you do have a bob? right?

By "carry with you" do you mean on one's person?

If that were the case then I'd go with my Glock 21. It's a .45 ACP, a proven man stopper so adequate for zombies, and it's equipped with Tritium night sights and a Streamlight TLR-1 taclight giving me 14 rounds (13+1) of .45 caliber zombie-stopping, nocturnal power complete with three spare magazines.

I'd then select a rifle - my AR of course. I have a Bushmaster Patrolman's Carbine equipped with Magpul magazines, a Blackhawk telescopic stock magazine holder, GG&G vertical foregrip, and Streamlight PolyTac light (a very nice light with a very nice price). I can't remember who made the single point sling I have on it. Oh well. I'm also fickle about optics so I've never bought or used those. I've only got five magazines for this, but I figure 150 rounds is enough for an outing to loot the local drug store while sequestering envious mobs of villains.

Third, I'm thinking just because it'll look cool and zombie stopping that I'll strap on my old shoulder holster (fortunately it's black thus tacticool), holster up my Glock 23 .40 S&W pistol, also stocked with Tritium night sights, and add in as many spare magazines (I have six) as I have pouches for. It'll just look cool and movie-like if I wear a shoulder holster with my nylon belt gear which of course includes an ASP baton since I just leave it in the holder all the time. That doesn't count against my four.

Finally, I want a ninja sword strapped on my back with a razor sharp, zombie poisoned edge mounted on a pointy oak handle capable of shooting out silver darts because you never know when a vampire or werewolf my lurk out.

If I get a fifth option I'll just carry my Crafstman chainsaw because it's loud and obnoxious.

Ok I got this.

Weapons for me are:

My 9mm (super common ammo)

My .223 (another really common round, and packs a decent punch/range)

Machete

and last but not least, a Bokken.

The last one is weird, bu hear me out. I am trained in two different style of swordsmanship (no, not kendo). A boken is basically a dense wood replica of a sword. Very hard to break (but not indestructible) fairly light, and I know how to use it. There is no blade to get dull, and requires no maintainence past wiping the blood and goop off of it at the end of the day.

Kel Tec KGS or A Sarabu Rem 870 super shorty

AR in 300 Blackout with a surpressor

SBR in 5.56 with supressor

And a katana blade

Thank you so much for introducing me to Kel Tec. That KSG is awesome and will be mine as soon as I can find a dealer that can order me one. That said, my ideal 4 weapons would be:

Kel Tec KSG (compact shotgun for when the PMR30 isn't enough, holds double the rounds a normal shotgun. Wouldn't want to get killed because I had to reload often.)

Kel Tec PMR30 (lightweight .22 handgun that carries 30. Zombies would be close to mid engagement so .22 should be fine. Not to mention just being able to carry 30 in a clip is awesome).

Aluminum baseball bat (when reloading isn't an option, an aluminum bat is durable, light and capable of massive head trauma. Aluminum swings quicker and you don't have to worry about it getting stuck in bones like an axe).

Until I get those I have a Mossberg 500 with some bells and whistles on it. I have a bunch of survival gear but my zombie preparedness is admittedly pretty bad.

new list, the one i will probally stick to.

1. Cz 75 Cal: 9mm Cap: 15

2. CZ 527 Cabine. cal: 223. Cap: not sure but i belive 10. fun fact: bolt action.

3. jaguar take down bow: look up very cool.

4. mossburg 500/ remington 870. yes, i know, it is not a an accurate desision, but would asasist a opinion on which to get.

guess what didn't happen

Okay so my arsenal so far is a .38Special S&W revolver, a .410ga Shotgun (I only use .410 slugs), .22 single shot bolt action Long Rifle, a .380 semi-automatic handgun, and a Mossberg 715T Tactical AR. 2 machetes, and several survival knives and a hatchet.

Looking to purchase a Mosin Nagant 91/30 rifle to complete my collection. Anyone selling?

Edited by KnightNocturnal