Sign in to follow this  
Zombie is my bitch

top 4 zombpocalypse weapons

What would be ur choice handgun round?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What would be ur choice handgun round?

• 9mm parabellum
    • 45. acp
    • 45 long colt (yes the judge counts here)
    • 40 S&W
    • 38spl / 357
    • 9mm short (380)

ok i,ve decided to try my hand at a discusion. what 4 weapons would you carry with you in the zombie apocalypse.

factors to consider: weight, reliebility, durability, personal comfort, price, and how commen the ammo (if a gun,bow,projectile lancher) is.

bounus point if you really own.

so far I have:

* a coleman hachet.

yeah that pretty much it. :-(

Kel Tec (KSG) Shotgun, 18.5" barrel, 26.1" overall, 6.9lbs, Pump action, Duel 7rd tube magazines giving 14+1 capacity, 2.34 o 3" shells

Wilson SBR Tactical AR 5.56mm 11.3" Barrel, 28" overall, 6.5lbs, with Whisper Suppressor and Trijicon ACOG Optics

Suppressed Ruger Mark III 22LR Pistol

Steel German Flanged Mace

Okay, I'll play along. In theory, I think I would go with

a supressed .22 pistol (perhaps the Sig or the previously mentioned Ruger);

an AR-15 with the Magpul 42 round magazines (and a messenger bag full of spare mags) and ACOG optics;

a 6 foot polearm with sling (think of it as a really long ax) like you see at some RenFairs;

and the ubiquitous machete/short sword with hand guard and lanyard.

I like the idea of a crossbow but I have never used one and I would be concerned about replacement shafts and rate of fire.

1. Machete. Blades don't need bullets.

2. Shaolin spade. Bladed weapon usable at a distance.

3. .22 pistol, with suppressor if possible, with hollowpoints

4. .223 rifle, scoped, with a suppressor if possible.

I went with the .22 and .223 because you can find .22 ammo everywhere and .223 is a common deer cartridge and easily found (including scavenging through vacant houses). Furthermore, you kill a zombie by killing the brain; you don't need to blow the thing's head off. At close range a .22 semiauto will put plenty of rounds downrange with hardly any recoil, as opposed to a larger caliber that will kick and require you to retarget. A .223 will be fine at midrange distances, but if a zombie is far enough away that you need a sniper rifle to bag it, it's much safer to evade it and save the ammo.

The blades should be self-explanatory.

Cold Steel Bad Ax...Have it

Cold Steel Katana/machete...Have it

.357 mag revolver...speed loaders and lots of 125 gr, HJHPs...Have it

12 ga pump with swat extension...lots of buckshot and some loaded with silver incase a Vampyre or werewolf wants some action too!...Have the gun and the regular ammo. The silver is made of dimes loaded in with the lead on a few...makes the load scatter like you wouldn't believe but killing Vamps and Were Critters is up close and personal work anyway so that won't matter...

Edited by Danm

Guest kevin

ruger 10-22

sks (7.62x39)

mossberg 500 12 gauge

1903 springfield 30-06

i own multiples of each........but why only 4?

LOL...ok, this is a 'beer and pretzels' topic for sure.

MP5SD (9mm), with as much ammo as I can carry and still move faster than a walk.

M-79 (40mm) grenade launcher (yes, a Vietnam era bloop gun) with a vest full of HE and WP grenades.

That's it. And my bicycle of course.

Why?

Because whatever causes the zombies is probably in the zombie blood/gore/goo that is going to splatter everywhere if I get into melee combat with them. So no knives, machetes, fire axes, baseball bats or chainsaws (dear God, the splatter).

Quiet death from my 9mm submachinegun, so I don't attract MORE zombies with all the noise from normal gunfire. Noise = possible lunch to a zombie. Note that I don't have to actually kill the zombies, just put a few rounds into each knee and elbow, and you have a Zombie Garden Slug after you. Walk away casually.

The grenade launcher is for those times/places where you just gotta clear a crowd of brain eating critters. High Explosive (from behind cover, mind the splatter) or White Phosphorus (incinerate them, and produce nice thick clouds of white smoke to screen your movements).

The bicycle lets me cover ground way faster than a zombie, it's nearly silent, and I can sling it over my shoulder and carry it over obstacles/up stairs/etc. Hopefully I can pedal myself right on out of zombie country!

Edited by survivalcyclist
clarify caliber choice

LOL...ok, this is a 'beer and pretzels' topic for sure.

Because whatever causes the zombies is probably in the zombie blood/gore/goo that is going to splatter everywhere if I get into melee combat with them. So no knives, machetes, fire axes, baseball bats or chainsaws (dear God, the splatter).

But half the fun of killing zombies is seeing all that squishie stuff fly around!!! Since they are already pretty rotten we can all look like Conan when we chop their parts off with one swift swipe of our sword!

1. Machete. Blades don't need bullets.

2. Shaolin spade. Bladed weapon usable at a distance.

3. .22 pistol, with suppressor if possible, with hollowpoints

4. .223 rifle, scoped, with a suppressor if possible.

I went with the .22 and .223 because you can find .22 ammo everywhere and .223 is a common deer cartridge and easily found (including scavenging through vacant houses). Furthermore, you kill a zombie by killing the brain; you don't need to blow the thing's head off. At close range a .22 semiauto will put plenty of rounds downrange with hardly any recoil, as opposed to a larger caliber that will kick and require you to retarget. A .223 will be fine at midrange distances, but if a zombie is far enough away that you need a sniper rifle to bag it, it's much safer to evade it and save the ammo.

The blades should be self-explanatory.

see? this guys gets the point!

1- hand and a half sword, can be used either one or two handed - have

2- 22 caliber pistol, preferably silenced - need

3- AR platform rifle - have

4- kel-tec 12 guage - need

The sword is silent and of course never runs out of bullets. The 22 pistol is hopefully next to silent and good for dealing with small groups of 2 or so zombies in near silence at a small distance. The AR is a good medium to longer range rifle for taking head shots at 1-300 or so yards. And the kel-tec is for if your getting over run, or have to clear a house or something similar.

Keltec PLR16 short accurate high rate of fire AR clips

I to like the M79 for such occasions, hard to get trapped if you can put a hole in anything in your way but ammo little hard to come by

Keltec PMR 30 looks like to ultimate zombie slayer pistol 30 rds of .22 mag

The cold steel gladius looks to be more my style for a melee weapon which would be a definite last stand situation

Im in England so firearms are pretty much a horrible choice so...

A mace, a hunting crossbow, a crowbar.

Id have a large survival knife which I wouldn't use for combat, blunt weapons would beat any stabbing or slashing weapon for the slow zombie type

Street sweeper 12 gauge w/ 30 rnd mags, common ammo, #4 would work, bigger pattern than buck shot.

Machette, Got it in Brasil, very comfie in the hand for me.

.22 ruger w/silencer uh, have but don't......

Molotov cocktails, easy to make and very effective for 'groups'.

If you can't shoot them, burn them and when else fails, hack them.

What was the comidy movie set in England with the zombies that the gal used the cricket bat on the Zs?

Shawn of the dead was the movie and as I remember they were fighting their way across town to get to the only gun they know about, in a bar owned by an American. Will the Brits ever learn it seems since they passed their tight gun laws that ever time TSHTF they come running to us for guns

Keltec PLR16 short accurate high rate of fire AR clips

I to like the M79 for such occasions, hard to get trapped if you can put a hole in anything in your way but ammo little hard to come by

Keltec PMR 30 looks like to ultimate zombie slayer pistol 30 rds of .22 mag

The cold steel gladius looks to be more my style for a melee weapon which would be a definite last stand situation

respect.

good choice on the pmr 30, but does it have an 22lr option?

to be hosenst this is the list of stuff i'd perfer to have:

*ESTWING hatchet (not leather handle) cal:none, needs no bullets.

*ruger lcr. cal:380. (also known as 9mm short)

*glock19 Cal: 9mm parabellum

*lever action rifle (464spx?) cal: 30-30

i'd also caryy a 22lr, but that would be for hunting and would be in my duffel bag in a gun case.