Sign in to follow this  
TheDefaultHuman

What would you pay me to make?

lol, bro, money dont come easy. if there were a easy way to make "decent cashflow" legally, everybody would be doing it.

oh, and the amish people work very hard for their money, it doesnt come easy to them either.

Most of the Amish I know work very hard in woodworking, farming, etc.

Default, if you have wood working tools and some scrap lumber; build birdhouses to sell. They usually sell decent and you can make a few dollars.

those kid swings made out of old tires that look like a horse.

old tires are free

scented oil candles use those cutesie little mason jars some unscented dye and go to

LEHMANS.com for the wire wick holder {and learn to make your own}

pure oil extracts are all over the net

sling shots

rubber band shooters with a clothes pin

bird houses use aluminum cans fro roof back etc looks rustic pallet wood

squirrel / bird feeders with gallon jars or standing a cob type

worm grunters made from PVC

whirly gigs I thought of using Coroplast or plastic corrugated cardboard out of all those illegal signs

on the side of the road and some of the other items on this list.

wood gavels and base for a hillbilly nut cracker

mother in-law picture frame old toilet seat mounted on a board

figure 4 trap for birds

old wood toys cut block to look like a truck or car and wood wheels with a hole saw

I would use plywood so the wont break and duplex nails for attaching wheels and super glue

and have a good legal statement to protect yourself I would burn it in to the wood

all made from found pallets and use earth / people friendly dye to color

sell them as eco toys

we used to find metal about 4 inches long strapping and fold it in half and a hole drilled in the

dead middle made a whistle

Indian weather stone a rock hung with leather strip from a teepee made from branches on a wood base

decoupaged instructions if it's dry it dry wet is raining foggy its foggy blah blah.

Indian sex stone rock glued on a board on the bottom it stated "A F@ckin' rock"

dried cow patty on a wood base with a pen holder and a decoupaged the sh*t stops here or some

wonderful saying.

horse shoe nail rings and crosses

I have one I knew would be a killer Idea but I am keeping that one for myself LOL

all these can be made from found items and a few hand tools and a couple of power tools

there are small wood items that you find to use for a pattern none of this is trade marked

and can be sold on the side of the road {where ever legal}

Everybody so far has hit the nail on the head. Try odd jobs. Mowing lawns or any kind of yard work. Shoveling snow. Straight out ask people you know if they odd jobs they would let you do. Sometimes people are feeling lazy and don't want to do that painting they have been putting off...stuff like that with yard work alot of people already have their own mowers and tools so you could come in cheap by asking to use theirs.

These are all good ideas when I was in high school I had an elderly neighbor lady who always needed help around the house so I was always doing odd jobs for her, that might be a good place to start, if you've got a couple bucks buy some paracord and sell some survival bracelets or key chains to family and friends. maybe pick up small wood working projects, make small decorative stuff using old fallen tree branches and stuff, just some ideas

These are all good ideas when I was in high school I had an elderly neighbor lady who always needed help around the house so I was always doing odd jobs for her, that might be a good place to start, if you've got a couple bucks buy some paracord and sell some survival bracelets or key chains to family and friends. maybe pick up small wood working projects, make small decorative stuff using old fallen tree branches and stuff, just some ideas

Woaahhh. Tenderfwolf doesn't need the market flooded by paracord enthusiasts

Whatever it is keep it pretty simple. People are so used to the mass produced stuff these days they don't appreciate the work or time that goes into a quality hand made thing. A hand tooled leather belt may take 10 hours to do but you won't sell many if the price is much over 25 dollars. Been there done that one. They wouldn't pay for custom holster work either.

My wife and I used to make yard art in the fall to pay for Christmas. We sold our stuff for 25 bucks and made about 20 dollars on each one. The fact is though we hardly made much more than minimum wage for our work. We would sell a couple thousand dollars worth each year between the Friday after Thanksgiving and the week before Christmas. This let us pay cash and not have the bills in January.

I've seen some really cute things made from beer and soda cans...airplanes and birds and such. I made penny stoves for a while as gifts. They cost you nothing so it is all profit. They are ultra lite alcohol burning stoves that burn like a gas stove almost. Hell, in a bind I could make one out of a couple cans with my pocket knife in about 15 minutes or so. I use Heet (I think it's a fuel additive) and the flame is as pretty blue as a propane stove.

Don't even try real art, nobody will pay for it. Your best bet is to make a few large easily seen bigger ticket items that will pull them off the road and then sell them little impulse items. Walking sticks are cheep and free and are selling pretty well right now. Cut the sticks this year and peal them then finish and dress them up next year when they have dried. All you really need is a draw knife a rasp, sand paper and some tung oil.

Guest survival101

True. my dear old mother picks them up, in the woods, cedar or hardwoods, and fiddles with them. She never sold one, though. She's too fond of them. Right now, in our area, scrap metal is selling well. People are picking it up off the roadside, begging for it on craigslist (haul off service) and turning it in to the recycle place for good money. Brass particularly and steel are going well. Aluminum not bad either. So, if you have a pickup truck, there's you a business with no start up cash.

Guest survival101

What about a camo painting service? Get or make some stencils, Green, black, brown, white, or tan spray paints. You can paint rolls of mesh, wooden boxes, ammo cans, or anything they want. Even an old clunker car or truck. Be sure and research your paint if you do vehicles.

What about a camo painting service? Get or make some stencils, Green, black, brown, white, or tan spray paints. You can paint rolls of mesh, wooden boxes, ammo cans, or anything they want. Even an old clunker car or truck. Be sure and research your paint if you do vehicles.

paint address numbers on curb sides.

I make custom knives as a pastime and to bring in a little cash. However, it costs some money to get your shop up and running. First, you’ll need equipment – saw, sander, etc. You can use all hand tools but it will take you a long time to finish one knife. Buying all the tools cost some money. I have Drill Press, Bladerunned (kind of like a band saw), a spindle sander, a bench top belt and circular sander and some kind of polishing machine.

Then you either have to make the blades or buy premade blades. You can make nice blades out of saw blades and you can get some of those for free. You’ll need to but some handle materials. You can buy some wood handles on line or use G-10 or some other Micata based product. When you are creating the knife you’ll also need some knife pins and some heavy duty glue/epoxy. And you’ll need some finishing products to make the knife look its best. And when you’re done, you need some way to sell them.

I started selling to my friends because they understood I was learning. Facebook is a great place to find buyers for your word (no matter what you choose to do). I’d sell a knife for $20 or however much I had into the blade, which is less. Then, as I got better, I started charging more. Now my basic knife, and I mean very basic knife, is $40. I haven’t sold a $40 knife in some time. Most of my knives go for $50 and above. A $50-$65 knife normally has mosaic pins, stabilized and dyed scales (handles).

Maybe this is too much money to start up. If you want to discuss this off line, feel free to drop me a PM and I can go into depth. But people like knives. They make great gifts. I have some ladies order knives for their hubbies. They give me an overview and a price range and let me go to it. I also get requests for a matched-set of blades – like a hatchet and a knife that use the same handle materials, same pins, same finish, etc. There can be money in it. I have sold five in a day so it can be profitable if you want it to be.

In Saudi-Canada, our newly elected Liberal prime minister Justin Trudeau said he's going to legalize pot.

So growing pot would be like having a money tree.

Oh the way the world is heading, I'm guessing the Canadian maple leaf flag will change to a pot leaf flag in do time. LOL.

A nation of pot heads in Saudi-Canada.