Sign in to follow this  
DonDon

early morel season?

It dawns on me that the weather that we are having here in the st louis area may well have the morels popping, little early by the calendar I think, but a week of 80+ degree weather and warm soaking rains has me thinking that me and the boys may angle a hike tomorrow off the trails and onto some leaf littered hillsides, I haven't morel hunted in so long that I don't remember what size buckishot to use ( just kidding), but seriously any bushup pointer that you may have would be appreciated......oh and if you live in the St. Louis area I'm wrong they would be out until next weekend!

“The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself.”

Reg I thought I reminded that from my uncle when I was a kid but didn't see it on any of the site that I visited, thanks for confirming, no luck though this time kind of hard to keep kids 4,10,14,16 all interested guess it like fishing if you don't get lucky quick their gone, patience is a hard lesson to teach in the world we live in.

Reg I thought I reminded that from my uncle when I was a kid but didn't see it on any of the site that I visited, thanks for confirming, no luck though this time kind of hard to keep kids 4,10,14,16 all interested guess it like fishing if you don't get lucky quick their gone, patience is a hard lesson to teach in the world we live in.

Yes it is.

Plus the greys(if memory serves) are pretty small, unless you find a real good one, so moving leaves is necessary.

True That!!!!!!