Sign in to follow this  
femvet59

How to make a successful storage plan

Hi, everybody. We all know to only store what you eat and to make your plans accordingly.

Like most, I've looked at various recipes good for long-term storage and stuff I like. Almost every time, I find that I'm missing some ingredients. Very frustrating!!!!

So I'm happy to report that I've found a website that walks you thru making a PROPPER PREPPER PLAN (cute, heh?). OK< that's not the title.

You can find it on Salt-N-Prepper.com

Let me know what you guys think.

Wow, FemVet, that is a great find. I looked over the checklists...very good and a little less overwhelming than the LDS checklists. I think that site will become one of my go-tos. Thanks.

That's excellent. Two other food prepper blogs I've recently found are here:

Chef Tess Bakeresse

She has a straightforward system for creating complete meals in jars, so that you can easily create a year's worth of food that will be safe in your pantry for several years, and includes lots of recipes. She even has a phone app so that you can consult her recipes while you're food shopping!

Misty Marsh

She's a stay-at-home mom who is very concerned about emergency preparedness, and she turned that into a part-time job. Not only does she give a lot of practical food storage info, she also sells a product line called THRIVE Q that provides all sorts of storage solutions and food (not just pantry staples like grains and beans, but fruit and meat and dessert) that can be stored for 5-30 years. Even if you don't want to buy her wares, she provides a lot of good info.

Quick question. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong when I do a google search, but where can I find canned butter?[/quote

www.beprepared.com has the butter, canned cheese and also clarified butter ( Ghee), good site for building your overall storage plan. Monthly sales, very reasonable shipping rates, great servce.