Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Homegrown

AR15/M4 parts review

2 posts in this topic

I bought a quad rail and grip and wanted to share my thoughts. I got a aim sports quad picatinny rail for about 43 dollars on amazon and read the reviews . Most liked it but some complained of stripped bolts. Thought I'd give it a try since the cost was pretty reasonable. I was impressed with the quality , all metal and comes complete with Allen wrench. Install took ten minutes tops and I didn't have a problem with stripped screws. I just lined them up and loosely tightened them making sure the screws were all in right and tightened them slowly and evenly . Added a magpul rail vertical grip for 25 dollars. This grip can mount on regular furniture and is compatible with picatinny rail . The grip is nice and it hollow . It also came complete with its own Allen wrench and feels sturdy .. I think for the price they are worth it , as far as for longevity and if it will stand up to abuse remains to be seen . I wont be using it everyday so I would think it would last the lifetime of my guns . I like the quad rail system because I can mount a light on the side and it's easy to operate with my thumb when I'm holding on to the grip .

It seems like there are lot of reasonably priced rails out there now, my first was a Midwest Industries rail for $100, at the time it was the least expensive one you could find, that was about 10 years ago and it still looks and works great. I hope yours works out for you.