Sign in to follow this  
Rapture333

Maxpedition Vulture II - OD Green or ACU?

Also people looking for their next BOB should really consider the Vulture II. I own Maxpedition products and they are built with the highest quality, if anyone is interested a vulture II can be found online for about 100 bucks if you do a google shopping search.

Although the thumbnail doesn't serve it any justice, the foliage green is a bit of a more washed out OD Green as you can see by this video:

It looks grey in the thumbnail on their website which is strange. I've been considering it and I think It'd be best to go for more of a grey man look. What do you guys think would be the best for that?

Rapture, I just tried to get a photo of a quilt top and the greens all grayed down. I've noticed that before in photos, at least with my camera, so it may be a factor of the photography and not the actual color.

And I'd be inclined to go with something that doesn't scream "military" at you. OD Green is better for that. Just one old lady's opinion.

Rapture, I'd definitely go green. Black is not a good fit in the woods (too dark) and if TSHTF, you can always use spray paint or just stains will help "camo" the green, but black will always be black and harder to cover over. JMO

It depends on how you plan to use it also. If its main purpose is to sit there packed and ready to go as a BoB, maybe ACU would be a good option (depending on if you live in an urban or rural environment). If you plan to use it for some hiking and stuff, and dont want to attract to much attention, then I would go with OD or coyote.

Well where I live if SHTF, their would be a lot of people. And I feel in order to get around, get out, or get home. It would be good to have something that I could disappear with but also not be, that guy that looks prepared

I personally do not like the ACU pattern... too "bright" in the woods until it gets really dirty. I prefer a gray or light brown/tan for my base color as it is easy to darken them and they normally will blend in fair in different enviroments. The MOLLE webbing will also take local vegetation or other materials to help with camo if needed.

Sounds good guys, I'll go with green, but I see theirs two variations, foliage green:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4024/4207198048_60791f4e1f.jpg

and OD Green:

http://www.georgiagunstore.com/part_images/MAX0514G_1.jpg

Sorry for asking so many questions, and hopefully this thread can be used for someone else trying to make a similar decision or balancing pros/cons. But what do you guys think would be the better of the two?