Sign in to follow this  
Vicioustom

My drunk post

VT,

Texas is way cool - we have a "bit" of an attitude down here. No state income taxes and EVERYBODY, with the possible exception of a few yankee imports, owns a gun. Even my Brit friend had a CHL when he lived here! Folks around my neck of the woods don't usually ask IF you shoot, they ask WHAT you shoot. :o

You'd be welcome, sir. Just do a little research to see WHERE you'd want to be as the climate various wildly from one part of the state to another.

VT, Sorry to hear about your issues. I'll say that I agree with you on some thinking less of us "part-timers" but as Desert said, not many "lifers" any more look down so much on us. I know all about the "broken soldier syndrome" more broken bones than I care to remember (especially on cold damp mornings...lol) and with my innards slowly ceasing to function, it's been a hard fought battle to not only fight the "condition" but also maintain a will to continue the fight. It also sucks to get billed from the VA and army for medical services rendered for an LOD injury...lol.

The inter service rivalry is historic but just on here I think we have every branch covered and could be a role model on how we have each other's backs. One of my troops was prior active Navy and we had lots of verbal exchanges in good fun, but when the "chips were down"; I still stood as his best man when he got married.

VICS. Go to Texas..

If I could I would..Galveston...is where I want to be.

Gulf coast and if need be run north.lol you can go 500 miles and still be in Texas.

Just saying.

Welcome Back REG5..

Regulator,

Bro I know the lifers tend to have a higher opinion of us these days, but that night dredged up about twelves years worth of frustration and outrage. With the current climate of activity in the military there are a lot of us that have seen the nasty up close and personal, so the inter service rivalry is just good fun, but it got a little out of hand for me on St. Patricks day.

I'll make no excuses for my inappropriate post, I may have been drunk, but I'm still responsible for my words and deeds.

VT, I do not think you actually offended anyone on here and Desert made his point. What you went through on St Patty's would have got my temper going. You handled it better than I would have. I truly hope they have an NCO that hears about it and gives them a good wall to wall counceling.

I made $90 a month plus an extra $20 because I was married. I made $425 as a butter bar;
Musta been a long time ago Sir and either they didn't think much of Commisioned Officers, or the government just didn't pay much for fighting indians....LOL jus kidding.

VT, We've got a lot more respect for you guys than you think pal. You basically juggle two different lives.

I don't think I could do it. Two peckerheads doesn't equal "all". I'd trust you on my 6 more than you'll know

troop....You keep on, keepin on dude. You got guts and I'm sure you'll reach down and pull those boot strings tight and climb outa that hole you think you may or may not be in. Life gets tough at times, I think

you're a little tougher.

Edited by desert rat

Musta been a long time ago Sir and either they didn't think much of Commisioned Officers, or the government just didn't pay much for fighting indians....LOL jus kidding.

LOL... Horse feed was expensive, so they had to cut corners somewhere. That explains Capt's "hobby" of CAS; just reliving the "Glory days". It also proves why his advice is grand, he kept his hair.

DR and Reg,

you guys are funny, really f-u-n-n-y .... hobby? what hobby??? you mean there's something else????:confused:

You could always tell the pioneers - they're the ones with arrows in their backs and no hair! I kept mine by being more scared than anyone else! I didn't join the Navy because I didn't want to be known as the "Chicken of the Sea":p

First rule of flight, the scaredest guy in the cockpit wins! Yep, I did make it to "OLD Pilot" status but I suspect my guardian angel will expect a good long vacation after I'm finally out of here. He'll desire it, too.

lol sir ! :D Scared people can be very good/dangerous! I'd rather have someone with me that was scared and

trained as opposed to someone who was stupid and trained. You can eventually get over scared, but you can't

fix stupid.

It's just gotta be the lord of the rings avatar....:rolleyes:

I knew you would be very pleased with our analogies of you keeping your hair...lol.

I figure my Guardian Angel had to call in reinforcements and I have a whole platoon. And yes, your's will desire a vacation as he still has a looooong time to work.