Sign in to follow this  
tinderwolf

New Garden for the season

Thanks JCMS. I was looking at some building surplus stores that sell storm windows extremely cheap. I was figuring a small woodstove for my winter weather here in the Great Lakes region and using rain water catch basins also for water. I just have to figure out the size and would like to make it sectional so I can move it when I get lucky and can move someplace I don't have to listen to the neighbor snore...lol. I prefer needing to use the Hubble to see my closest neighbor and even then, the neighbor is a "long distance call".

Habitat For Humanity sell many building supplies for cheap so try to find one in your area also

look in the trash containers of garage door companies and ask to dumpster dive

they got 2x2 galvanized angle spot welded onto garage door track you can drill out the spot welds.

they also dump the old door panels these can be stacked for walls all you have to have is a trailer

to haul it away so go through the phone book and get the addresses and go and ask in person..

and explain a bit it never hurts to have them understand your not reselling but need it for a

economic self sustaining project {not survival unless they breach the subject IMHO

The weather here is also hampering me!!!!calls for frost and a small chance of SNOW tonight.I have brought in EVERYTHING to keep them warm.My neighbor lost 20 plants this week end.

I realy enjoy dumster diving..Trash is Treasure..and if you ask politley no one objects,some laph but thats ok.

thanks regulator5 and Tinderwolf

a thing on carrots germination at high temp is lousy they need cooler temps to start I had

this problem I was planting too late and had a row of nothing

here is a link to germination temps so depending on your area you need to plant acordingly

http://www.heirloomseeds.com/germination.html

Just for Tinder..it was a wonderfull day!!

post-1287-13851497987501_thumb.jpg

post-1287-13851497987872_thumb.jpg

post-1287-13851497988255_thumb.jpg

Taters in today 35ft run,3 rows of Onions,Red,white,yellow..Texas and Georgia..

and of course the Watch Kitty..it moves she kills..Cinders thinks she is a bad ass.

Im sorry I cant get the turn thingy to work.lol

Edited by 101matt

So I haven't had a real garden for years since I lived at home with my parents. It was easier then because we had the land to do so but now I live in town and don't have the best set up( like most people) So I am setting up a garden in a 25ft long by 5ft wide section of my backyard. i realize that this is probably bigger than most people have but my goal is to maximize space and grow up as much as possible. Ive started this project today and will add pictures tomorrow and will do so each step of the way. I thought it would be fun to be able to see the whole process and thought you guys and gals might enjoy it as well. I'm also looking for your comments and thought on the project as I go along. Time to grow!
Planting CHarts, WHat you can and can't plant next to each other:

http://www.no-dig-vegetablegarden.co...-planting.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_companion_plants

Another Planting Companion Chart at http://69.246.53.109

Just for Tinder..it was a wonderfull day!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]945[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]946[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]947[/ATTACH]

Taters in today 35ft run,3 rows of Onions,Red,white,yellow..Texas and Georgia..

and of course the Watch Kitty..it moves she kills..Cinders thinks she is a bad ass.

Im sorry I cant get the turn thingy to work.lol

you stole my cat LOL I got one that looks just like yours......

JCMS,Cinders is a MAUW,she has strips like a tiger but has spots on her hind quarters.

She loves to play in the garden :}..

NJ77 thanks for the charts I printed and saved to file..

Lettuse is next..YA Spring..