Sign in to follow this  
DocWalt81

Something everyone should have in their bob

Okay, so this may sound a little weird but I think just about everyone should have condoms in their bob. It may seem a little weird but from a psychological standpoint, when people are looking death in the face in a shtf time, some will want one last roll in the hay. Not to mention if it is a long term situation, having a pregnant woman in your group would complicate matters, and then there are the issues of std's. Just something to think about it, take it or leave it....... or make smart ass comments

If I'm looking death in the face and have time for one last roll, I'm not worried about stds or pregnancy, cause whoever is next to me will probably die as well.

There's your obligatory smart arse comment Doc.

Guest kevin

+1 for smart remark. jk had mine" boys "feeder tube snipped, the wife was having migraines and we figured out the "pill" was the cause. it worked no more headaches.

Oddly enough, while we were out shopping tonight, we visited Walgreens, CVS and Walmart. I mentioned the condom thing and we checked...none of them sold 'non-lubricated' condoms. Day glo colors, yes. Lubricated with all sorts of things, yes. Ribbed, yes. Vibrating, yes. Electronic flashy ones, yes. But none that are just plain old latex. We had a good chuckle over the variety, though.

Okay, so this may sound a little weird but I think just about everyone should have condoms in their bob. It may seem a little weird but from a psychological standpoint, when people are looking death in the face in a shtf time, some will want one last roll in the hay. Not to mention if it is a long term situation, having a pregnant woman in your group would complicate matters, and then there are the issues of std's. Just something to think about it, take it or leave it....... or make smart ass comments

They still make those things???

Y i agree no one knows whats going to happen when or if SHTF. Would hate to survive some catastrophic event only to get (lucky) and wind up with an STD. All this pepping will be a waste And woman should be considering pregnancy issue also plus they could be used to hold water covering barel of firearms

i found out that you can get non lubricated condoms from the doctors office. where i go they give them out free. i stock up everytime i go there. ive had a tubal, so i dont need them but i figured i could use them for other purposes or as a bartering item. you never know when they may come in handy.

Well I'm glad to see some people see the sense in my suggestion, and its not like they take up much space. Oh and btw did anyone know that each one has a serial number on the end of it? Or do you not have to unroll it that far hehe

I was going to say that they are good the protect your barrels from dirt & mud too.

Hey, did you know that all the magnum condoms have serial numbers stamped on

them at the end of the roll ??? Oh, I'm sorry, guess you never needed to unroll it that far before !!!:P

Gunpacker

Reminds me of the story about Roosevelt and Stalin...Roosevelt detested Stalin, but since they were allies against Germany they had to work together. At one of their summits Roosevelt asked Stalin if there was anything he could have America send the Russians to help with their war effort. Stalin looks over and tells him yes, we are out of condoms. Send us some condoms for my men, they must be able to hold 12"s because Russians are big men. Roosevelt reportedly didn't bat a eye and told him no problem we'll send you a few gross. When they arrived in Russia they were all marked 'medium'.

Since we need to think about not only how many condoms we'd need over time, but also how to properly store them so that they can last long-term, I thought I'd look for information on condom longevity. This is from a handout from USAID regarding the use of condoms to prevent the transmission of HIV/AIDS. It's basic info about long-term storage for condoms and their efficacy over time:

Condoms are perishable. Therefore, can they be relied upon for protection from HIV infection over time?

• Condoms are made from natural latex rubber, which can deteriorate with prolonged exposure to high heat, humidity, and sunlight. But a large-scale, international study on condom deterioration funded by the USFDA has shown that good quality, well-packaged condoms can be stable even after 4 years of storage in challenging conditions.
  • The USFDA is working with U.S. manufacturers to establish 5-year condom expiration dates based on long-term storage data.
  • Apart from reductions in storage times, environmental damage to condoms can be reduced in at least three ways: (1) by reductions in storage temperature to slow the rate of deterioration, (2) through the introduction of antioxidants into latex formulations, and (3) by eliminating oxygen exposure through impermeable packaging.
  • Widespread efforts are underway--as with vaccines and other life-saving health products--to ensure that condoms are manufactured, regulated, transported, stored, and distributed with attention to the conditionsthat cause damage or accelerate deterioration.
  • Condom users should avoid exposing condoms to high heat or mechanical damage (for example, by storage in glove compartments or for extended periods in wallets). Condom users should also inspect each condom for signs of broken package seal, discoloration, or stickiness, and report any instances of poor condom quality to appropriate health authorities.
  • Condoms made from more stable synthetic materials are being developed and marketed. The new non-latex condoms may have a longer shelf life and they will better accommodate oil-based lubricants.
  • Female condoms already incorporate synthetic materials and condom formulations combining latex and synthetic polymers are likely to emerge in the near future.

http://pdf.usaid.gov/pdf_docs/PNABS065.pdf

blacjac..

ribbed because they stay on longer..turn them inside out....so I was told..

Abstinence is a voluntary restraint from indulging in bodily activities that are widely experienced as giving pleasure. Most frequently, the term refers to sexual abstinence, or abstention from alcohol or food. The practice can arise from religious prohibitions and practical considerations..

PLLLEEEAAASE...show some practical considerations in this area......................

If Im carry my BOB(large Alice pack)/I hope she has her ....bob..because Im too busy trying to survive...

now if she wants to snugle and keep my butt warm,thats ok !!