Sign in to follow this  
Ssgt_DimeBag

Rat Traps

I carry a few in my BoB at all times.There lite,easy to use and can take squirrel,rabbit an so on.I carry 550 cord for snares also,but I have to say that it takes a lot of skill to make snares and put them in the right place.For the average person a Rat Trap is easy to use.They cost as little as 99 cents at a dollar store.I can get something in mine every night with very little energy used.Now I'm not saying don't carry 550 as it can be used for a many of things.Just for the person that has trouble making snares or does not have the place or time to hone there skills at snare making.A Rat Trap is a good alternative.

Good call on the traps. Works well for most folks. I make my snares with picture hanging wire. I buy it at Micheal's for next to nothing. Caught 4 squirrels in one day back last July.

Guest survival101

thanks, you answered a question for me, awake. i have a roll of picture hanging wire. needs to come off the roll and go in my BOB.

I carry a few in my BoB at all times.There lite,easy to use and can take squirrel,rabbit an so on.I carry 550 cord for snares also,but I have to say that it takes a lot of skill to make snares and put them in the right place.For the average person a Rat Trap is easy to use.They cost as little as 99 cents at a dollar store.I can get something in mine every night with very little energy used.Now I'm not saying don't carry 550 as it can be used for a many of things.Just for the person that has trouble making snares or does not have the place or time to hone there skills at snare making.A Rat Trap is a good alternative.

Rat traps can also be used as a trigger device in security warning device around the perimeter.

Guest kevin

awesome dime bag. hadn't thought or that and ,you always hear scurrying around the tent when you camp.

Guest kevin
Good call on the traps. Works well for most folks. I make my snares with picture hanging wire. I buy it at Micheal's for next to nothing. Caught 4 squirrels in one day back last July.
we use the stainless steel picture wire for small stuff too. what is the largest thing youv'e caught on it? we had a half grown opossum . i'm just wondering what the limit would be....its really stout , and cuts if you pull very hard.

ok dimebag picked up some rat traps.......red wine or white with rodent?

I think SAKE as rat seems to be an oriental dish or Baijiu Chinese white lightning and they are both white.

that should kill the taste of the rat but nothing seems to kill the taste of SAKE

so it's damned if you do scenario.

IMHO

Guest kevin

iv'e been told the only thing that makes a shot sake taste good is 6 more shots of sake.

When I was a kid I used rat traps for squirrels all the time. I took mine and added some little finishing nails to the outer edge of the trap so that even if it failed to break their necks it would hold them. I would try and give them a little inward bend to make them hold even better when they pulled back.

It didn't kill the cat but it DID hold him until I got there the next morning!!! Then I was faced with a moral dilemma...get clawed to pieces trying to free a VERY pissed of and freaked out cat or do the easy thing and club it...I felt really bad....I hadn't been trying to catch a cat. Finally I threw my coat on top of him and managed to free him without getting shredded...shoulda clubbed the SOB! He pissed all over my coat and it was never the same. a year later on DAMP day that thing stank!

http://www.hoosiertrappersupply.com/trapstrappingsupplies/products/tabid/99/c-20-traps.aspx

Don, I agree with using the regular traps as well and most of the actual trapping supply stores have even better prices than SG. The link above is for 1 store I use (the most as it's a local company for me) and they have always given great service. I personally only buy Victor, Sleepy Creek or Minnesota brand as they are the American made traps. There are several trapper's supply houses (stores) available online and definitely worth looking into (run a web search for trapper supplies). I carry a few rat traps (as stated, their size and weight make them great for not adding alot to the BOB), a couple 110 body grips and several snares with me in my BOB. Duke and Bridger seem to have decent traps also and they are usually cheaper by a couple dollars for people who do not use them full time or look for American made as a criteria.

Edited by Regulator5