Sign in to follow this  
MarineSgt

Im not sure if this is considered unarmed defense

I was taking a trip back home last year. My wife and infant son flew because the trip to SC was a long drive from MS. I took the trip with my black lab and German shepherd. I stopped outside of Atlanta to let the dogs out at a well lit rest stop, there wasn't a single person at the place so I felt safe. I normally carry a pistol of some sort when I stop at a place like that, but this time I left it in the truck. I let the lab out and then got out Ares my shepherd, some guy walks up to us and ask me if he can have some money. He came out of nowhere, needless to say Ares didn't want to talk to the guy. He keeps bothering me for money and then trys to tackle me. Ares knocks him down on the ground and tears his leg wide open. The guy wasnt screaming, he was just punching my dog. I tried pulling my dog off but when I pulled him it was dragging the guy. The guy starts to reach in my pocket, to grab whatever it was that he had so I kicked him in the face. The guy was out cold, got my dog back in the truck and left. Lesson learned, try to always carry when possible. When you can't bring your dog, he will save you from worrying about unarmed conflict. It was a wild story so I figured I would share it with you guys.

Hey Sarge give the dog a pat on the head for me, I carry 24/7 on duty and off duty, if that had been me he would have gotten a mouth full of 1911 and then 911 would have been called for him to get foot out of his useless ass

MarineSgt. Sorry for your mis fortune. Glad your around to warn others. folks the metro Atlanta area is not a safe environment for those that do not know the areas. I have lived here on and off for most my life and there are areas that i wont go in the day light. Traveling to unknown parts will put you at a disadvantage.

i am not any expert but i would advice a multiple layer defence. Handgun/pocket knife/car keys/neck knife/taser/pen/flashlight and mans best friend are all good options.

I was taking a trip back home last year. My wife and infant son flew because the trip to SC was a long drive from MS. I took the trip with my black lab and German shepherd. I stopped outside of Atlanta to let the dogs out at a well lit rest stop, there wasn't a single person at the place so I felt safe. I normally carry a pistol of some sort when I stop at a place like that, but this time I left it in the truck. I let the lab out and then got out Ares my shepherd, some guy walks up to us and ask me if he can have some money. He came out of nowhere, needless to say Ares didn't want to talk to the guy. He keeps bothering me for money and then trys to tackle me. Ares knocks him down on the ground and tears his leg wide open. The guy wasnt screaming, he was just punching my dog. I tried pulling my dog off but when I pulled him it was dragging the guy. The guy starts to reach in my pocket, to grab whatever it was that he had so I kicked him in the face. The guy was out cold, got my dog back in the truck and left. Lesson learned, try to always carry when possible. When you can't bring your dog, he will save you from worrying about unarmed conflict. It was a wild story so I figured I would share it with you guys.

And THIS is why I want a GSD or two lol. Yea Ga. is a bad area for me, Ohio isn't reciprocal in carry laws there, but I always have a knife of some sort. A family at my gym owns 2 businesses, they just got a GSD pup a few months ago, well she's a year now and they got her at 4 months I think. Anyways, they've been putting her through protection training, damn that's expensive. Guess the wife had her one night and some guy starts walking towards her in the parking lot. Dog went and stood right in front of him and didn't let him move.