Sign in to follow this  
Guest survival101

Arctic Stove?

Guest survival101

Watching the Doomsday Preppers, I was taken by the Arctic Stove installed in one prepper's fireplace. They were making a slurry with water, newspaper, and leaves, then pressing it out and drying it in blocks. The blocks were said to burn up to 30 mins apiece. Looking online, I found one manufacturer who has the stoves at a good price, and even offers small hot water heaters to pair with them. Has anyone here had experience with this type of heater, especially with installing it into a home fireplace? If so, what insight can you offer? Thanks

I own a couple of Hunter Artic Stoves designed for the military they are my emergency heater fireplace and portable tent stoves got mine for $289 a piece. I have never put one in an existing fireplace it wouldn't be too hard though. Great little multi fuel stove's. mine have a burner to burn kerosene, diesel, JP8, jet fuel, JP4 and heating oil using a five gallon jerry can just do not put white gas, avgas or gasoline in it. If you take out the liquid burner it is also rated for coal, charcoal and wood.

Edited by warrior7r

Got it a little backwards there Autonomous, but it does lead to need to know info burning wood creates creosote in a chimney, thisflamable gluey substance builds up in the chimney and causes chimney fires which is why chimney sweeps make so much. the rest do leave deposits of carbon that build up more slowly and while messy are much easier to clean up than Creosote. Everything requires prevenative maintanance for fire places and stoves that does mean cleaning the stove and chimney.