Sign in to follow this  
inkspotdw

Guns @ ammo selling out

Between the elections, it being 2012, and the world situation it isn't very surprising.

Be ready on Dec.22 to start seeing some incredible deals on survival equipment though.:D

Guns, ammo, food , gas , all rising at a fast rate , I think these people buying now are just the "front end " of people trying to prepare , just wait until the clueless wake up . I think that might be about right after summer months when gas is about 6 dollars . As of now gas is 4.55 and climbing

Guest survival101

my assessment would be that Nat Geo has put prepping on the face of what's trending now. making resources scarcer and our neighbors more prepared than we think. hope they find a good place to learn like survival cache.

Gas is $3.65 in Va.on the border/Wva is$3.75..

I have noticed that with Turkey spring hunting season Shot guns are going up Local,but the RockIsland 1911 is about the same price here.

Im watching local and Net prices for a spring purchase.

Locals here are very conserened about gas prices and many wont go on a trip for Vacation..

Guest kevin
Guns, ammo, food , gas , all rising at a fast rate , I think these people buying now are just the "front end " of people trying to prepare , just wait until the clueless wake up . I think that might be about right after summer months when gas is about 6 dollars . As of now gas is 4.55 and climbing
glad we are so near our 2 year supply goals. when we started on ammo,

22lr was $7.25/550 now $19.88.

7.62x 39(ak/sks) was $149/1000 now 229/1000

7.62x 25 (tokerav) was $119/1200 now....sold out

shot gun shells have basically doubled in price.

i don't know what inflation rate this would add up to but i agree that it will soon skyrocket.

nat geo isn't making preppers out to be total loons like i thought they might. so people who have wanted to start prepping now may feel it isn't taboo to have your s#$t together. (i have no idea why anyone ever thought it was.) but as the trouble in the middle east(how many years have we been saying that?....i remember 40.)and global weather/earthquake/tidal waves/ ect. being in a HIGHLY active state. not to mention our economy is now global, with the teetering point being the china/usa co-dependance. (who needs the other more?) oh...nearly forgot...its 2012. Add all that up and the price of prepping should be ,and is on the rise. those of us who have been at it for a number of years are lucky we started when we did , but, those just starting will probably be considered the same way. given another 5 years.

Guest survival101

metal as a whole, and cardboard have reached a high in the recycling market. enough that folks like me who are marginal in the income bracket have noticed. people aren't mowing grass this summer, they are hauling used appliances and other bulk metals and trailers of cardboard for recycling.to eke out a little income. Brass is high. My last box of ammo was a target load, for practice, and contained no brass. Just sayin'.

Personally I dont think the Pres really has as much to do with our economy as he is blamed/ credited for. Now I'm not sayin I like the guy, voted against him, but really one guy even if he is the Pres he dosent control the economy. Bush did stimulus too and it didnt work, sometimes in order to start climbing again you have to hit the bottom. And when the stocks finally do crash, who do you think ppl are gonna go after? The rich ppl in their mansions. Not sayin its the right thing to do, but mob mentality rarely is logical.

Sarcasm is present "You can always trust the government to keep you informed" "supply and demand is forcing the prices to rise, It's not really inflation, People are just panicking" "Nothing is wrong in the world except to many people are using SUVs" "We can trust the Arab Nations to have our best interest at heart" "No need for the citizens of this great nation to have fire arms, the police will protect them"

I see Prepping as a way to

1. Hedge inflation (Food ammo etc)

2. With the cut backs and draw downs I see it as insurance to be able to eat should I lose my job.

3. The skills I learn and the people I interact with help me be a better person

4. Save me money in the long run. I am more self sufficient.

5. It always gives me an excuse to go hunting, fishing or camping with my family. Great Family time.

Move along nothing to see here stay behind the line please no pictures.

Honestly I was surprised that it took this long for prices to go up I watch the commodities market

aluminum, brass, copper, grease/ oil, lead, power / electricity, steel, tin, zink.

if you notice everyone of these has increased so it was inevitable that prices would rise.

in fact double or more this will put pressure on the used market causing those prices to rise.

A friend wanted something and wanted to know latest prices WOW reality check.

The new 2013 prices are double from 2011.

Watching an interview with a Chicago exchange trader he laid out what has been happening,

China does not want to hold dollars and use our dollars to buy commodities forcing the prices

higher.

It is cheaper to buy scrap and takes less to form it that mine and extract it from raw material.

It is a win win from their stand point and forces our prices up placing us at a disadvantage

forcing our stores to have continuous sales to make sales targets numbers although profit

margins are abysmal and many are buying on credit.

We are having a fire sale everything must go people are cutting down power lines for copper and

aluminum scrap is leaving the country and it is a natural resource but we do not manufacture

so it will be looked at as scrap and not what it is a very valuable commodity that runs out

It was the check that limited other nations ability to compete with us and take our jobs

once we have sold out we will be forced to mine or buy from outside sources at sky high prices

effectively quadrupling prices so hang on this is just the beginning we are circling the drain

and that log we are swimming for is a turd but it will be all we have to hang on to.

Sign in to follow this