Sign in to follow this  
TheDefaultHuman

Buying Highly Informational Books

I don't fancy a kindle I fancy raw paper books with knowledge on each page.

Just throwing it out there, if you have books you no-longer need because you already read them 6 times then I may buy them, but they have to.....

~Not be a novel or story (unless its based on something real)

~Has to have good updated information, (I read a survival book from 1994 that was still basically up to date)

~Has to teach me something

I hope that made sense, just post pics of the book or post a title name, or both. If a book has pictures then its all the more interesting.

Also books have discounted shipping usually!

I'm not interested in 1000 page car manuals, used college textbooks, or anything preschool status. Although I figure you figured that.

I'll pay anywhere from $1-5-ish depending on the book. This might only be for the people who actually own a bookshelf :P

Some things I'm interested in are, how to skin and chop up animals for food storage (deer, rabbits, bear, etc...), maybe hunting manuals too, farming guides, various survival guides, prepper guides, rope tying books, species(trees,fungi,snakes/animals) identifying books, and anything of the like.

With power being a concern for many SHTF scenarios, I too will be Kindleless. I don't understand why so many people would trust anything electronic, assuming that is to be their only source of reading material. I too am only interested in hard copies. It is light weight and can carry a lot of info, but without backups, eventually one would be without those books to reference. I would assume that many folks here believe the same, so I'm not sure how many books you'll be able to acquire. I'm trying to build a small, selective library on my own. Good luck.

Mike,

I have my "must haves" in hard bound but I also have a solar charger for my kindle. I've gotten use to it and it has become something I wish to preserve. Many of the books I have are free or very cheap on Kindle but not so in hard back. While expected I get as much as I can for my Kindle and then buy hard copy of the ones I thing deserve it. Besides, I can sit in a crowd and read survival stuff with out freaking out the sheeple.

Guest survival101

Just an FYI for Human, Half.com sells these types of books new and used at deeply discounted prices. It's an offshoot of ebay. I wish I could help, but I'm just now collecting up these as well. Slow going. Best of Luck.

Good point Capt. I haven't bought any solar panels yet, simply because I don't really understand how it works or if the technology is such that a panel will last awhile. The only experience I've had with solar, is with the landscaping lights (LOL) and so far I haven't been impressed. Lots more to research

Mike,

I have my "must haves" in hard bound but I also have a solar charger for my kindle. I've gotten use to it and it has become something I wish to preserve. Many of the books I have are free or very cheap on Kindle but not so in hard back. While expected I get as much as I can for my Kindle and then buy hard copy of the ones I thing deserve it. Besides, I can sit in a crowd and read survival stuff with out freaking out the sheeple.

Thats a good response