Sign in to follow this  
DocWalt81

Lawful Good or Every man for himself

JCMS...Whats for Dinner????

LOL..

were pretty eclectic from bar-b-q chicken or fried, venison rabbit, hot links or sausage too many I like them all,

PORK any way ribs, roasts, chops etc.

poppers chicken jalapenos cream cheese, stuffed bell peppers bacon wrapped , Texas / Texmex chili

steak {only rib eye} w/ roasted field corn in the shuck or with mushrooms and caramelized onions

Quail or dove when I get them..

Mexican I do tacos or enchiladas Spanish rice, guacamole, refried beans,corn or flour tortillas {ass gaskets}

jambalaya, Gumbo, pinto or butter beans & rice, cornbread cabbage w/ bacon

good old corned beef and taters or cabbage and Czech Goulash, German sausage,

potatoes a gratin', O'Brien, fried, mashed, baked, stuffed and potato pancakes, potato salad {mustard}

Kolaches, pancakes or leftover cornbread with butter and honey or syrup.

back strap biscuits and gravy, S.O.S. ham steak and eggs or bacon by the pound.

I also make huge egg rolls and good fried rice, pepper steak, chicken terikiyaki

fish & chips shrimp to many ways cod, catfish, orange ruffy, red fish, shark or crappie I love sunfish/ perch

home made cocktail sauce and jalapeno hush puppies with any fish or shrimp

chicken fingers home made w/ white gravy chicken and rice or dumplings.

lasagna 3 cheese , spaghetti, w/ garlic bread fried breaded eggplant or chicken parmigiana

Shiskabob chicken or beef with fresh vegetables

Steak or shrimp poor boys sandwiches or peanut butter mayonnaise and banana on toasted french bread.

potato soup, beef stew thick enough to stand on with all kinds of veggies,

pork or beef roast with vegetables onions taters and carrots

house salad everything but the sink pea salad, green bean casserole, fried yellow squash or zucchini

or green tomatoes or hominy with cheddar cream cheese sauce..

collard, mustard or turnip greens w bacon chunks fit for a king

lemon or key lime buttermilk, coconut cream, sweet potato, chocolate pies brownies, carrot cake

fruit salad, banana pudding.

NOTICE NO LAMB or TOFU only time I eat lamb is gyro sandwiches otherwise NO.....

turkey maybe on thanks giving

I buy a few quick items cooked LIKE spiral sliced ham hummmmmmm w/home made pineapple cherry glaze

and some times go out or buy a pizza or chicken wings.

but what I get out is never as good as what I make at home because sometimes I get creative.

And I'll eat almost anything if it don't eat me first {well that also depends}

LMAO

Edited by juzcallmesnake

I gained 10lbs. just reading that. Man, that sounds wonderful. I can almost smell it now. Snake, How about dessert? Something with wild berries. Something which can be easily made such as cobbler.

I love cobbler any kind but apple living in Germany I got burned out on apple anything

dew berries wild and local some call them black berries and BLUE BELL ICE CREAM

north of here there is a strawberry farm pay and pick your own,

dewberries grow on my barbwire fence not a lot but enough for a gallon zip lock bag...

I have used croissants in the tube for the topping for a flaky crust dusted with sugar.

now I am hungry and I know I have some canned strawberries now I got to go get some

croissants from the store and some ice cream darn it..LOL

I love cobbler any kind but apple living in Germany I got burned out on apple anything

dew berries wild and local some call them black berries and BLUE BELL ICE CREAM

north of here there is a strawberry farm pay and pick your own,

dewberries grow on my barbwire fence not a lot but enough for a gallon zip lock bag...

I have used croissants in the tube for the topping for a flaky crust dusted with sugar.

now I am hungry and I know I have some canned strawberries now I got to go get some

croissants from the store and some ice cream darn it..LOL

Snake,

It is good that I do not live close to you because I would constantly be calling you for recipes. You must be a world class chef or someone who writes menus for restaurants. LOL

wish I had that kind of talent

my mom was a pinch of this handful of that she made me learn to cook figured I would be less

of a burden for a good woman that way I can actually operate a washing machine

and sort so everything does not turn out pink LOL

and then I left home and all my laundry was taken care of by a servant or a laundry and did not

get married till I was over thirty, funny how things work out.

now when I really want a break I cannot afford a laundress or a servant,

I lived high on the hog back in the day and it was glorious...

air travel, expenses, transportation of course in some parts of the world it was pretty meager.

The version of Goulash I was taught

about a 6 quart pot with a lid or a plate to cover

Have as many potatoes in the jacket is how I like them in this dish as servings as when its done

1 pound ground beef

1 large onion diced

1 head of cabbage adjust size for your liking sliced thin

[almost like coleslaw}

if you want you can shred a carrot or 2 with this

as much garlic as you like minced fine

about 3 or 4 tablespoons of olive oil

Brown your ground beef well and throw in your onions and garlic and sweat till onions are clear.

add Paprika I use about 2 large table spoons or more

1 large can of diced tomatoes {less spicy}

OR 1 can of ROTEL tomatoes with green chilies and 1 can same size can of diced regular tomatoes

1 can of tomato paste { this is optional } adds a sweet taste

now throw in the cabbage and let it cook down with lid on check every

10 minutes or so and keep stirring bottom up to prevent scorching.

when the cabbage is cooked down and some of the juice is cooked down

taste test to check if its done

salt and pepper to taste.

put in a large bowl drop the tater in open it and add butter salt and pepper it if you want you can

use sour cream on it I get a little tater and some goulash and then I am full as a tick before I know it.

Toasted garlic bread if you have a hungry bunch or teenagers with a bottomless pit for a stomach.

one pot and a cutting board dish and some bowels I hate a lot of dishes.

Well it is one of my comfort foods from childhood I hope it meets with your families approval...

Edited by juzcallmesnake

wish I had that kind of talent

my mom was a pinch of this handful of that she made me learn to cook figured I would be less

of a burden for a good woman that way I can actually operate a washing machine

and sort so everything does not turn out pink LOL

and then I left home and all my laundry was taken care of by a servant or a laundry and did not

get married till I was over thirty, funny how things work out.

now when I really want a break I cannot afford a laundress or a servant,

I lived high on the hog back in the day and it was glorious...

air travel, expenses, transportation of course in some parts of the world it was pretty meager.

The version of Goulash I was taught

about a 6 quart pot with a lid or a plate to cover

Have as many potatoes in the jacket is how I like them in this dish as servings as when its done

1 pound ground beef

1 large onion diced

1 head of cabbage adjust size for your liking sliced thin

[almost like coleslaw}

if you want you can shred a carrot or 2 with this

as much garlic as you like minced fine

about 3 or 4 tablespoons of olive oil

Brown your ground beef well and throw in your onions and garlic and sweat till onions are clear.

add Paprika I use about 2 large table spoons or more

1 large can of diced tomatoes {less spicy}

OR 1 can of ROTEL tomatoes with green chilies and 1 can same size can of diced regular tomatoes

1 can of tomato paste { this is optional } adds a sweet taste

now throw in the cabbage and let it cook down with lid on check every

10 minutes or so and keep stirring bottom up to prevent scorching.

when the cabbage is cooked down and some of the juice is cooked down

taste test to check if its done

salt and pepper to taste.

put in a large bowl drop the tater in open it and add butter salt and pepper it if you want you can

use sour cream on it I get a little tater and some goulash and then I am full as a tick before I know it.

Toasted garlic bread if you have a hungry bunch or teenagers with a bottomless pit for a stomach.

one pot and a cutting board dish and some bowels I hate a lot of dishes.

Well it is one of my comfort foods from childhood I hope it meets with your families approval...

Snake,

Tried your goulash today. EXCELLENT!!! You are right the tomato paste does add a sweet taste to it. I used sour cream to cut the sweet taste. I did not have ground beef so I had to use cubed stew beef. Next time I shall make even more. Thanks.

Edited by VIS 9
additional thought

<sigh>...the Rotel...red or blue can?

If you make the sausage and such I may have to keep after you till you can show me how.

back to the first point.

Anyone remember the old joke about the three bigest lies in the english langauge?

The final one was: "Hi. I'm from the goverment, and I'm here to help you."

We threw the Japanese that lived here in the states into concentration camps durring World War II, good thing they weren't citizens...oh, wait...a lot of em were. Nevermind.

Goverments and politicians have no honor, if you don't belive me ask and indian.

Or current leader, Obummer aside from attending a racist church for X number of years < I don't understand how Oprah could figure it out but he couldn't> and picking a bunch of tax dogers <even putting one in charge of the IRS>, bows to a Saudi king, yeilds our soverntiy to the UN...ah well...I could go on but there's no point. I'll just get mad and start drinking.

As far as the origional question.

If its something I need and he won't trade...fine I'll probably let him go...<90% chance>

If its something my children need and he won't trade...sorry Charlie.

As for the bandits...if they are moving away from me...they will be fine.

If they are moving toward me...they will lose people on a daily basis till they are no longer moving toward me.

After the SHTF if no longer an intelectual exercise...its gonna be nasty, dirty and brutal. You will lose friends, familiy and neighbors. Thats just the way it its. The object is to make sure you cost them a hell of a lot more than you lose.

Bottom line?

I will do my best to treat you the way you would treat me.

Does that mean I trust you and will let you walk behind me? Hell no, not until you have proven yourself to my satisfaction.

I try to square my actions with my personal sense of honor...no more, no less.

Edited by vonBayern

...I used the red and yellow can. Is that O.K.? It tasted good. Snake is a master chef.

I agree about what happens when your family needs, but we should keep in mind that there is a difference between needs and wants and should not confuse them.

If I need water, and the only ones with any are hoarding it ans selling it at outraqous prices...... Sorry, hope you guys have your security plans worked up good, otherwise I would feel the moral obligation to protect everyone from those who try to capitalize on the suffering of others by taking you all out and giving away water to those who need it.

thanks guys for the praise of my mothers recipe she would have blushed.

VIS9 and vonBayern any variation is legal some like it sweet add some heat with peppers

paprika has a sweet taste to me if there is enough and garlic and onion if caramelized are sweet also

so I do not use tomato paste I have used rotel or add yellow banana peppers and bell when I

am finishing the meat with garlic and onions.

I hope things are civil enough here but we are on the way out of Houston far enough I hope that

the herd will be pretty thin but most here are not prepared for more than week.

Not because they don't have the money but they blow it on stupid crap and beer LOTS of beer.

no generator no option for AC our hurricane season is from june 1st to nov 30th with the weather so

weird I don't take these dates as hard fact.

some areas here did not get power for over a year along the coast one county over it too a month.

and that was with lots of help from other states power companies. if financial burdens that all most

caused our power company to go into bankruptcy should happen again I am not sure how it

will work out.

All I know is after a hurricane it is HOT DAMN HOT and humid if you want to know why I believe in a

HELL and why the south clings to their bibles and guns come hang out with no power right after

a good hurricane no running water {pump no tower} it's sticky hot and buggy.

I know cold also no fun either.

the reason why I think our country is so complacent is because this generation has never had

the challenges of our forefathers we are the first generation that has conquered the elements

central heat and air, numerous luxuries cell phones central heat and air conditioned autos and shops

when I was a kid we did not have AC or central heat we lived in Europe for a while and in the far east

same there coming back to Texas no AC either had a attic fan and ceiling fans.

I am fairly sure that the mall ninja's of today would not so well because they are not use to it

11 days of heat after the hurricane showed me they were not ready for any long term

exposure to the elements. add walking and carrying a load and most are going to take the easy way

and turn to hiway robbery and thievery to make it as NOMADS have no way to grow food they

live off the land and the land will be scraped clean as so many start out.

Houston like most cities houses do not have enough land to support a garden large enough to

support a family and anyone who has farmed or ranched knows all to well failure or set backs

happens and recovery take longer than expected if a weather pattern fights your attempts.

those who bug in after a time can use abandoned property to garden as more will leave than stay.

but they must have a cistern and other ways to get and store water

when I was young we had a 100 x 40 or more garden on a good year it produced enough

for extra for a year others years we had to buy some things that failed like okra or squash.

potatoes do not keep well unless you have a cool dark place and even that in hot climates

does not work too well.

melons are seasonal and freezing is the only way to keep them after the season ends we chunked

or balled it and froze it in bags or stored a slightly green one under the bed on the cool side of the house

for up to a month max.

in the north growing seasons are short so many things will not be available.

I have discussed being prepared for hurricanes my neighbors have yet to, they rely on mama and dada.

as well as most of this area if they are prepared I am not aware of it after every weather event

they are running around like a chicken with the head off looking for gas {for the car} do not keep

it filled even with a 3 day heads up.

My point to all this ramble is the forces of WANT will cause us to commence trade so I have a reason

to think that after a prolonged disaster and a purge we will come to some sense of normalcy but

we are talking of at least a year and as always judge Roy Bean type towns and towns overrun with

vice the chicken ranch here was not stopped until 1973, Galveston was a gambling mecca for years

and now you could still find a "friendly floating" card or crap game if you know who gambles.

I hung out at a lot of night spots the Rio palm Isle, Gillies and numerous other places distance between

the 2 over 200 miles and we burned that hiway down a few times.

if we fall back 50 to 70 years in speed of society it won't break my heart as long as we can keep

some of the technological marvels like cell phones and good hospital equipment,

I do not think that all of America will change certain spots will maintain order and rational behavior

Islands in the midst of madness. and some places will tear themselves apart it is a wait and see

proposition.

I have an idea of those bad places we have seen them erupt into riots and hate already and some seem to never have troubles and that is where to look for solace if times get bad, because they

will probably maintain better.

Every man for himself is what our system is based on free enterprise is about swinging your own bat

working as hard and fast to out do the other guy by any method even to but less than physical violence.

competition has driven this country since it's inception so I am not against it but criminal action and

corruption follows as always so I do not hate the idea of every man for himself because it's that way

everyday.

IMHO

...I used the red and yellow can. Is that O.K.? It tasted good. Snake is a master chef.

I agree about what happens when your family needs, but we should keep in mind that there is a difference between needs and wants and should not confuse them.

The blue Rotel has a little more bite to it than the red one is why I asked.

As for the other, I stated need.

I have thought on this many times over the years and I think that if TSHTF I will try to maintain as much honor as I am allowed, but I really think that I would work hardest to maintain the honor of my sons I had have to put myself in a position to put the dirty on my own hands and not theirs.

DonDon

your right because as fathers that's what we are here for.

mine are grow and gone so that ship has sailed as far as anyone around here I could care less

they have not acted in any way but clannish and I know if it hit the fan they would be doing

the chicken run half the time it looks like living next to the dukes of hazard except no common sense.

I figure everyone here will be out of food completely in 2 weeks no milk, bread or way to make

bread the wild game if you could go hunting would be scarce as in 48 hours zombies would be

everywhere and many would be armed this is Texas about half the people here are armed to the teeth

no one I know has less than 3 guns and then knifes machetes and axes hatchets for yard work.

and we already have people living in the woods wino's and derelicts and it is getting worse

and supposedly we have a better unemployment number than any other state.

I see people everywhere with signs unemployed will work etc. need gas going home and these

vehicles are not junkers and these people are not dressed poorly these things make me uneasy as

to our economic situation.

Me and a friend recently laid off from NASA yes that one we used to work together he figured that

he might get some computer work NONE there is so much competition and the systems are so

cheap that work is nonexistent so all you tech heads forget regular computer repair better go specialty

tech.

all I know is everything is throw away and as we go forward everyone is talking service, service is not

international trade burger world though they have overseas operations does not off set the

millions of items like tractors and small engine equipment lawn and garden items are mostly

made overseas I was just in 3 places and they all sold the same china made engine crap

and I just read consumer spending jump since july? everything is 30% higher since last july DUH..

no it is every man for himself dog eat dog always has been always will be today instead of bandits

we got lawyers instead of hiwaymen we got local jurisdictions that thrive off commercial traffic

commercial tickets are more so where is equal under the law in this?

codes and cameras at every intersection in the city and 45 cents a gallon tax on fuel here

8 1/4% on everything except food that requires cooking property tax, cell phone taxes, car registration

{should be a one time thing or change of ownership} my point we do not see the thieves anymore

because we have made them honorable decent members of society

the government has kept interest rates to 3 to 4% and taxes are 8+% so your loosing 4% per year

many money managers fees are hidden if your in a collective retirement situation.

I mention these only as proof that we have all been hypnotized and now we are wakening and look

around to see that all we had was on credit not actual cash and carry revolving credit was the worst

thing to happen to this country and have you looked at interest rates on new credit cards wow

and now T.V. adds for companies title loans at 29% and now there are higher ones what happened

to the predatory lending laws? your on your own you and yours against the world,we just got to

thinking that we had some entitlement as we have been paying for it and now we find THEY have

been carrying us through on credit and all that we paid was for highly paid managers not actual

product.