Sign in to follow this  
DocWalt81

Lawful Good or Every man for himself

Snake,

I also do not mind honest comments and at age nearly 66 in two more months, I too have a tough hide. I some times find that ambushing some one can be amusing. I do however, find some comments some what annoying when coming from the younger people who, in my opinion have not had the time to mature and formulate opinions based upon their experience. I have learned a long time ago that if you can make some one mad, well, you have won half of the battle. Some one who is mad does not use good judgement and makes some stupid tactical blunders. Sort of like the FAC pilots in Viet Nam, flying low and slow over mr. charles until he got mad enough to shoot at them and expose their position. That is when their position was marked and the F-4s came in and ended the contest. I also learned a long time ago that we always keep learning and my beliefs are that we should teach others so they will not make the same mistakes that we have. We have paid for mistakes, sometimes heavily, and we should not want to see others make the same ones. Any way got your 6 sir.

A simple responce from me is needed..

Jcms..

Your Quote.."I have no honor when it comes to dealing with a enemy were in close so I butt stroke this dipstick

he's not dead but he's out of it but trying to get up honor would dictate it is not fair to bayonet

him so am I going to move on to the next or cover my rear and stick him to the ground.

honor well they gave up but after they killed everyone in a hospital and ran out of ammo

well now I have a dilemma honor or expedience if it is war lets kill each other till someone yells uncle

if not let get out the nerf guns and shoot each other with foam bullets or paint ball wars."

Living in Mad Max Movie..or you just like to stir up the post here.What ever you want go for it..LMAO

I am laughing on the outside if you only knew how many times a "day" yes DAY it happens you would

sh*t yourself.you would already be in your bunker LOL, it must be wonderful to be in such bliss.

No Not bliss just Faithfull in a People that can change and adapt for the better..

I have not shit myself in many years,and If for any reason you think Im going to HIDE in a bunker well you REALY dont know me..lol and thats ok..Its your Attitude that its going to MAD MAX all the time if TSHTF that has me worried...Not on RE Building ..

But you post what ever..And prep for what ever you think best.Thats OK with me.

I just wonder with Everything you have seem to have done when have you had time to earn a living and raise A Family....after reading everything you have done..?????

JMHO..

Vic 9.

101Matt,

Please tell me how we can have faith in the American people (as a whole) when you see what kind of a President they have elected for us. And the types of corrupt legislators which they keep electing..

You put way to much Faith in any Government and you loose every time .I don’t depend on anyone to fully understand the workings of the rich and powerful that control our Economy because I don’t .As far as the American people we were at the same place before the second world war. Lazy and compliant, with so called “Leaders “ that do for themselves before anyone else.

We have as American have Changed many times and Pulled together for the betterment of each community..Its my HOPE it happens again..Each community doing its small part and helping each other thats what has worked for over 200 years and Im NOT giving up on the Idea Yet..

If for any reason your OFFENDED Im sorry..

Having read all of this and taken time to consider my response I'll now wade in.

Are you civil to me.Then I will be civil to you.

Will my neighbor rob me. Then I will rob him.

If your actions kill my people. Then I will kill all of yours.

If you are kind. I will defend you form those that are cruel.

Yes I live by a code of honor.NO it does not preclude war and violence. But I am loathe to resort to it. BUT when violence becomes the only means then it must be done swiftly brutally and completely overwhelmingly. Other wise it is likely to be needed again and again.

101matt

good post as always.

and yes making money in chunks has been a different lifestyle and not many GET IT as they work

all the time to make ends meet I worked part time but made way more than full time money

I still can and do.

my significant other HATES this and still shakes her head it tics her off even though it benefits us

both and the types of work and duration as well as pay or compensation...then the questions and utter

bewilderment ensues.

it can be a wild ride and I never know when or what or how long until I sign off

I make 10% some deals and do not leave my house.

I was badly injured about 10 years ago on a job so it is not all caviar and champagne.

the laptop I am using was a thank you, and no I am not wealthy but I get by I live well

within my means my house was built in less than a year by myself and part time help from

2 others off 2 jobs that lasted less than 2 weeks each.

I drive and old vehicle for a number of reasons one is I own it I hate payments.

SO NA NA NANA NA LOL

Guest kevin

well said mrdahut. i intend to be kind. i enjoy good company. i am capable of brutality, but i take no pleasure in it.

hey vis i'd way rather tough it out with a group of seniors than 20 somethings. iv'e been 20, hope to be 60.

well said mrdahut. i intend to be kind. i enjoy good company. i am capable of brutality, but i take no pleasure in it.

hey vis i'd way rather tough it out with a group of seniors than 20 somethings. iv'e been 20, hope to be 60.

Kevin,

With that type of attitude, you will make it. Do not listen to me because I am old. Listen to me because I have the experience and want you to benefit from it. Do not take offense at another persons opinion and try to understand what they are saying. Do not try to read into their writings your ideas just focus on what they write. If confused, just ask instead of jumping to conclusions which may not be correct. Unless you really know them then you can not second guess them.

Edited by VIS 9

A simple responce from me is needed..

Jcms..

Your Quote.."I have no honor when it comes to dealing with a enemy were in close so I butt stroke this dipstick

he's not dead but he's out of it but trying to get up honor would dictate it is not fair to bayonet

him so am I going to move on to the next or cover my rear and stick him to the ground.

honor well they gave up but after they killed everyone in a hospital and ran out of ammo

well now I have a dilemma honor or expedience if it is war lets kill each other till someone yells uncle

if not let get out the nerf guns and shoot each other with foam bullets or paint ball wars."

Living in Mad Max Movie..or you just like to stir up the post here.What ever you want go for it..LMAO

I am laughing on the outside if you only knew how many times a "day" yes DAY it happens you would

sh*t yourself.you would already be in your bunker LOL, it must be wonderful to be in such bliss.

No Not bliss just Faithfull in a People that can change and adapt for the better..

I have not shit myself in many years,and If for any reason you think Im going to HIDE in a bunker well you REALY dont know me..lol and thats ok..Its your Attitude that its going to MAD MAX all the time if TSHTF that has me worried...Not on RE Building ..

But you post what ever..And prep for what ever you think best.Thats OK with me.

I just wonder with Everything you have seem to have done when have you had time to earn a living and raise A Family....after reading everything you have done..?????

JMHO..

Vic 9.

101Matt,

Please tell me how we can have faith in the American people (as a whole) when you see what kind of a President they have elected for us. And the types of corrupt legislators which they keep electing..

You put way to much Faith in any Government and you loose every time .I don’t depend on anyone to fully understand the workings of the rich and powerful that control our Economy because I don’t .As far as the American people we were at the same place before the second world war. Lazy and compliant, with so called “Leaders “ that do for themselves before anyone else.

We have as American have Changed many times and Pulled together for the betterment of each community..Its my HOPE it happens again..Each community doing its small part and helping each other thats what has worked for over 200 years and Im NOT giving up on the Idea Yet..

If for any reason your OFFENDED Im sorry..

101Matt,

Faith in the Govt.???? Please show me my quote where I have said that I have faith in the Govt. Do not assume to read things into my post which are not there. I have No faith in the Govt., I do however, follow and support the law.... yes even the ones which I do not agree with. As per my oath as a law enforcement officer. People talk about honor well some times it is time to put up or shut up.

Why bother to be honorable…let’s face it there are times when it puts you at a distinct disadvantage.

Honor is a slowly dying concept because we live in an ever more isolated society. Beside the fact that I have to occasionally look in a mirror and live with myself there are other extremely valid reasons to be honorable.

In the past people lived in a much more dependent sort of society. There was no such thing as insurance or social programs and if you ran onto hard times it was a lot like snake talked about.

Honorable men began to gather together and honor was their key into the club. If you told your neighbor to go to hell when he needed a little help then you were shit out of luck next time you had a problem or even just help raising a barn or bringing in your crops. If you borrowed money and didn’t pay it back NOBODY in the community would help you next time you needed help.

A mans word was his bond because if that word was no good he was screwed. Back in the past men joined together in an effort to make themselves and their families more secure. The Woodsmen, The Oddfellows and to some extent the Masonic lodge were all ways for men to offer a little help here and there in hopes that if they died their Brothers would look out for THEIR widows and kids.

When the crap descends honor will once again become VERY important. No man can truly survive alone. He might LIVE but alone he is prey to every sort of disaster. If he breaks a leg…he’s dead. If he gets sick he will die and in a world without modern medicines people will die in mass because they don’t know how to take care of themselves. Remember how your Mama and Granny used to worry about you taking a chill or a clod if you got wet outside. Well that was because they remembered when a cold killed a lot of people. It became pneumonia and you DIED. I’m not talking about old feeble people either.

My Grandfather died at the age of 37. He refereed a bi-district football game in the rain and his cold became pneumonia. He was a strapping big man in great shape and in the prime of his life. He left a widow with two little boys and a farm that wasn’t paid for. Fortunately he WAS an honorable man and so my Granny, Dad and Uncle were taken care of. It wasn’t easy or a great life but at least she didn’t have to give them up to the state orphanage like most women of less honorable men did.

When I was a kid there was a poem on the mirror where I combed my hair every morning I read it every day without thinking about it. It talked about the value of my good name and how precious is was. It was given to me by my Dad with honor assumed and I was expected to keep it so and pass it one untainted.

I may die someday because I didn’t shoot some stranger on sight but if I do, my widow won’t have to hire pallbearers to carry me to my grave. In the end the legacy that I will leave behind will hopefully be in memories of how an honorable man should live, the good deeds that I did for those weaker than me and how to die like a man when that time comes. My life I will give up willingly rather than lose my honor and mar the good name that my Father left in my care.

I don’t expect others to understand. I actually don’t care if others understand nor if they agree. In the end it is strictly between me and my maker. I will say this in closing, Honor built this country once and only honor can rebuild it after dishonor has destroyed it. Civilization isn’t built by hermits that only care about themselves or work only for their personal good. It comes only when through bonds of trust and honor men begin to work together…

Why bother to be honorable…let’s face it there are times when it puts you at a distinct disadvantage.

Honor is a slowly dying concept because we live in an ever more isolated society. Beside the fact that I have to occasionally look in a mirror and live with myself there are other extremely valid reasons to be honorable.

In the past people lived in a much more dependent sort of society. There was no such thing as insurance or social programs and if you ran onto hard times it was a lot like snake talked about.

Honorable men began to gather together and honor was their key into the club. If you told your neighbor to go to hell when he needed a little help then you were shit out of luck next time you had a problem or even just help raising a barn or bringing in your crops. If you borrowed money and didn’t pay it back NOBODY in the community would help you next time you needed help.

A mans word was his bond because if that word was no good he was screwed. Back in the past men joined together in an effort to make themselves and their families more secure. The Woodsmen, The Oddfellows and to some extent the Masonic lodge were all ways for men to offer a little help here and there in hopes that if they died their Brothers would look out for THEIR widows and kids.

When the crap descends honor will once again become VERY important. No man can truly survive alone. He might LIVE but alone he is prey to every sort of disaster. If he breaks a leg…he’s dead. If he gets sick he will die and in a world without modern medicines people will die in mass because they don’t know how to take care of themselves. Remember how your Mama and Granny used to worry about you taking a chill or a clod if you got wet outside. Well that was because they remembered when a cold killed a lot of people. It became pneumonia and you DIED. I’m not talking about old feeble people either.

My Grandfather died at the age of 37. He refereed a bi-district football game in the rain and his cold became pneumonia. He was a strapping big man in great shape and in the prime of his life. He left a widow with two little boys and a farm that wasn’t paid for. Fortunately he WAS an honorable man and so my Granny, Dad and Uncle were taken care of. It wasn’t easy or a great life but at least she didn’t have to give them up to the state orphanage like most women of less honorable men did.

When I was a kid there was a poem on the mirror where I combed my hair every morning I read it every day without thinking about it. It talked about the value of my good name and how precious is was. It was given to me by my Dad with honor assumed and I was expected to keep it so and pass it one untainted.

I may die someday because I didn’t shoot some stranger on sight but if I do, my widow won’t have to hire pallbearers to carry me to my grave. In the end the legacy that I will leave behind will hopefully be in memories of how an honorable man should live, the good deeds that I did for those weaker than me and how to die like a man when that time comes. My life I will give up willingly rather than lose my honor and mar the good name that my Father left in my care.

I don’t expect others to understand. I actually don’t care if others understand nor if they agree. In the end it is strictly between me and my maker. I will say this in closing, Honor built this country once and only honor can rebuild it after dishonor has destroyed it. Civilization isn’t built by hermits that only care about themselves or work only for their personal good. It comes only when through bonds of trust and honor men begin to work together…

Well said Danm,

I do not have to live with other people however, I do have to live with myself.

The true warrior despises violence, but will resort to it when the need arises. I look at a SHTF situation much like my time in Iraq. We had a saying, we are nice until its time not to be nice. I have a mental lightswitch, best way I know how to describe it. I can go from nice and gentle to stone cold killing machine in under a second. I have gone from putting a bandaid on a small Iraqi child to engaging the enemy the next minute. This is the philosophy I have, If you do not give me a reason to be not nice, I will be nice to you. I will help and protect those who are weaker than me, and kill those who threaten me without a second thought. But I will never resort to predatory tactics that less honorable men and women may use, And god help them if they try to use those tactics on me.

Ok so, given the fact that if SHTF laws go out the window. Survival of you and yours is your prime motivation. If you come upon someone who has something vital to your survival but unwilling to trade for it what would you do? What about if you come upon a group of bandits? Strong but predatory in nature. DO you join up for survival, avoid them, or take them out for the good of everyone else?

If they won't trade I would try harder or move on, I would avoid the bandits if possible if not I would try to eliminate as many as possible when possible.

The true warrior despises violence, but will resort to it when the need arises.

idk Doc, I enjoy violent conflict, does that somehow make me less of a warrior (a person engaged or experienced in warfare - book definition).

Also, people seem to be confusing honor with courtly chivalry, or the Marquess of Queensberry Rules. Once it has come to bloodletting my honor does not preclude me from finishing a man on the ground. It only precludes me from say torturing him for sport, as an example, or having my way with his wife when I've taken his life.

idk Doc, I enjoy violent conflict, does that somehow make me less of a warrior (a person engaged or experienced in warfare - book definition).

Also, people seem to be confusing honor with courtly chivalry, or the Marquess of Queensberry Rules. Once it has come to bloodletting my honor does not preclude me from finishing a man on the ground. It only precludes me from say torturing him for sport, as an example, or having my way with his wife when I've taken his life.

VT,

I do not believe you both are talking about the same thing. In your case, it seems to me (Been there), a violent conflict situation makes you feel alive when all of your senses are at full go. As during a firefight. The other is just, unless I am wrong, just plain killing for the sake of blood letting which I think Doc is talking about. Also, I agree with your assessment of Honor.

A Wisdom is the ultimate weapon of a warrior. Followed by knowledge. then by compassion. lastly Violence.

As for why be honorable in a bad situation why not. anyone can be good or honorable when its easy when there is a promised reward. Hell even in religion it easy to be good because there is a promise of something for you. But to be a great man to be more human then human is to be good for no reason. TO be honorable when there is no honor. To act godly when there is no hope of God.

I would rather be a Pious atheist and cease to exist when I pass ; THen to be a devout man of religion because I merely feared punishment.

A Wisdom is the ultimate weapon of a warrior. Followed by knowledge. then by compassion. lastly Violence.

As for why be honorable in a bad situation why not. anyone can be good or honorable when its easy when there is a promised reward. Hell even in religion it easy to be good because there is a promise of something for you. But to be a great man to be more human then human is to be good for no reason. TO be honorable when there is no honor. To act godly when there is no hope of God.

I would rather be a Pious atheist and cease to exist when I pass ; THen to be a devout man of religion because I merely feared punishment.

Well put, I like it.

I think I understand what you're saying, but I'm not in agreement. Skill in arms and the courage to use them are at the apex of a fighting mans craft. Wisdom and compassion are of little or no consequence in the affairs of violent conflict, regardless of how much some may wish it to be so.

This is of course subjective and dependent on which school of martial thought you follow. If you're a follower of Asian martial philosophy they tend to belabor the notions of charity, compassion, non violence, wisdom, etc... I haven't looked into it, but wonder if that has something to do with the majority of thier martial heritage coming from nobility and religious groups (Samurai, monks, that sort of thing). If you follow the thoughts of European martial heritage (more my cup of tea) it's more a matter of will to power while leaving deeper understanding of the human condition to people not trying to butcher each other for a living.

part 1 violence is my go to answer for people who do not listen.

part 2 and it all depends on how much they tic me off curb jumping and breaking fingers makes me happy.

part 3 I bet you super glue the insides of pinata's, poke holes in balloons, sand slip and slides.

Party pooper!

The true warrior despises violence, but will resort to it when the need arises. I look at a SHTF situation much like my time in Iraq. We had a saying, we are nice until its time not to be nice. I have a mental lightswitch, best way I know how to describe it. I can go from nice and gentle to stone cold killing machine in under a second. I have gone from putting a bandaid on a small Iraqi child to engaging the enemy the next minute. This is the philosophy I have, If you do not give me a reason to be not nice, I will be nice to you. I will help and protect those who are weaker than me, and kill those who threaten me without a second thought. But I will never resort to predatory tactics that less honorable men and women may use, And god help them if they try to use those tactics on me.

Doc,

Could define what you mean by predatory tactics. The category is quite broad and I would like to understand the true sense of your meaning. I can totally equate the first part of what you have said to Vietnam. And I also agree.

Brother Snake..

Same boat different waters..

Na na na na..LMAO..

Ok so cook her Dinner..it works for me..

I cook1/2 the time and wash dishes cloths part time and do all the shopping

take care of the garden and animals 50 /50 vacuum half the time

I pay to have the lot mowed I do not see the point of buying a mower for 1,000 + bucks spend an hour

and gas oil and maintain it when I can get it done for a case of beer or 30 bucks depends on who

I get and I still weed eat for a hour.

we eat out about 4 times a month

we both think we got it good for us if we want something we discuss it and get it when a sale is on

we have both found that patients is a good thing.

and we have both decided to bug in no others allowed we like our quiet life

and do not need any DRAMA.

Edited by juzcallmesnake

Vis, I'm mainly talking about preying on those who cant defend themselves as predatory tactics.

Doc,

Thanks for the clarification. I did not want to read anything into what you said. I agree with you 100%.