Sign in to follow this  
TheDefaultHuman

3 Things I don't Have, What to get first?

This is rather off topic, but I just want to say how awesome you all are. Willing to send somebody you don't even know things just to help them out. It takes a real steady head to do something like that. I'm proud of all of you for what its worth. :)

This is rather off topic, but I just want to say how awesome you all are. Willing to send somebody you don't even know things just to help them out. It takes a real steady head to do something like that. I'm proud of all of you for what its worth. :)

They are great. DH will do the same for the next prepper when he's on his feet and one of the "Council of Elders".

They are great. DH will do the same for the next prepper when he's on his feet and one of the "Council of Elders".

Yeah its pretty cool that some vets are willing to send some extra supplies for a beginner.

If I win the lottery your all getting one of these,

http://www.conquestvehicles.com/index.html

But until then thanks for helping me out.

I'll send you guys my shipping address.

Not 100% on my wrist size but its average (6-7 Inches a chart said). I have a pretty cool paracord bracelet I bought for under $5 but no paracord anything else.

And a car is probably my next big ticket item (I'll probably have it in 4-6 months hopefully). I am wondering what type of car is good for SHTF. SUV, Hatchback, Truck, or Minivan status im assuming. But buying a used car at a good deal is a headache so im glad I don't have to yet. Also I need my license, but I almost have that handled.

All my current money is going towards supplies and my license (they have fee's through the roof sometimes).

Do you have a library available? Tons of info and it's free! You would absolutely be shocked what people throw away! True story: My husband and I furnished a business by dumpster diving!!!

Keep an eye on when a business is closing. We found brand-new wood shelves, all kinds of stuff. See what you can dig up, sell on Craigslist. Worst case, it goes back in the garbage.

You're young, you're healthy, you seem to have a good head on your shoulders. Get a bycicle for now, save your money so you can get a decent car. A bad clunker will cost more in the long run.

Any of the businesses you applied at and said they might have something next month: Offer to work for a week for FREE and then work your ass off. You will end up with a job!!! Employers are looking for initiative!!

Will your folks let you borrow the station wagon...... ;) , just kidding.

Get some wheels. An employer will feel you out about transportation and having a car makes you much more employable.

Good luck,

Bought a few things, some trail mix, other foods (requirements met), need MRE or calorie bars, got gum for my BoB, got 6 job apps im filling out, a few investments. I have $60 to straight up BoB stuff from eBay, or local places, heres my main thoughts list, the total for a semi-decent one would be probably $300 ish, I'll probably need $200 for completion after this but if I see some deals that could magically be $120 which is way easier to get. I bought a blender for $11 (Sale!) it makes apples into liquid nutrition, and other fruits, even mushy ones. Then add some 7uP, tea, or whatever you want (not milk) and its great.

Would incense be a BoB thing? I have an immaculate pen it cost like $15 but my friend gave me it free.

List:

BOB- Bug out Bag - (Min/Max planning to spend)

WATER-

3 Liters (Free) - Long term storage? None yet (costly for packeted water)

Filtration(Coffee filters, yes, got a pitcher of Brita its nice), purification tablets ($4/less), boil (Canteen with boil can/cup)

compact waterbottle (Kinda, not the super awesome $7 flat one)

FIRE-

matches (Cheap, Ill find em)

9v w/steel wool (Ill get it, which batteries are best?)

magnesium/flint (Ill try to get it, there under $5)

lighters (Got Bic's no Zippo atm)

FOOD-

energy bars (Some, need more/better ones 50c-$2.00 each)

MRE's (Future plans)

Peanut Butter (Check)

Chocolate (Basically)

raisins,nuts,etc (Check)

CLOTHES-

boots (Check - I wear em)

bandana (No, but I'll find em)

various (Good clothes are a whole notha price tag)

GUNS/BOWS-

pellet gun (Co2 B.B. but no pellet yet).

seperate "bow" bag? (Some day)

seperate gun bag? (Car first)

SHELTER-

Tent, tarp (We [Family] have tents $30 for cheaper ones, $80 for better o, I don't, also no tarp - $10 or less)

Sleeping bag/pad (I have a lot of blankets but no sleeping bag yet, need startup recommendations because this is key, it needs to be good for mountain weather, I'll save up for it)

FIRST AID-

A whole notha supply list bit I started.

Remember for the creams and other weird meds (right? bring antibiotic ointment or more?)

Started a small supply amount $4 ish, I have family resources available for a little bit of it though.

OTHERS-

survival chainsaw (Got a $2 one, it cuts branches and hasn't failed yet but its not extreme)

2 dependable flashlights & batteries (none, have 12 AA'S)

knife/s (A few, no sturdy blade yet, only foldables (ones Gerber)

(rain) compact poncho/coat (50c ones work nice actually I have 2) No supreme coat but hoodies and a vest.

machete (I can get em for $10 and there pretty good, $30 for nicer ones)

zip ties (Got em)

duct tape ($3 probably getting)

WD40 (for a car definitely, not right now probably (right?)

rope & caribeaner x2 (Another high price but neccesary item(s), for now paracord, later, $150+ rope, I have 1 Caribbeaner (Legit military status).

6FT of paracord (Looking into it)

small LED light(s) (Some, there easy to find usually)

Whistle ($2 or less probably)

multitool ($10-$30) I used to have a nice one. None atm

notebook/survival guide (Yep/Nope)

compass (Yep its a $9 water proof nice one, not metal)

Camo & vanishing material (Looking into it, Ghillie suits are $40-$120, need eBay [or other paypal accepting links] for camo stuff)

flash drive (Yup, ill update later)

netting (None)

maps (Limited, but I can get free sometime)

seeds (Some, planning to restock, I'd love to buy 2 acres worth and store half and plant half this spring on my own land but I don't have it, just cool future thoughts, good to have seeds anyways).

gas mask ($20-$40, I seen a nice NBC (NuclearBioChemical) one with 1 refill for $30 [airtight!], Refills are 6/$30 or more I believe, has a hydration hole [tube for water]).

beef jerky (Cheap, I'll probably get for food storage)

Food Im planning on stuffing at the bottom on top of the water, and having a bottle and a snack/bar on top.

glowsticks, candles, (I can get)

radio/walkie talkie/weather radio (We have almost no way to get news, no local broadcasting because we have internet and cant afford cable, its okay because atleast we can google it, but radios are $20-30 ish and 2 way talkies are more)

Grab,n,go binder (papers) (Yup, need to get this updated though)

deck of cards (Should I get the 2/$1 ones or the cool $2-3 ones?)

money (Ha, I try)

medications/glasses (Yup got them nearby, 4 days extra stockpiled atm)

sunblock/insect repellant (IMPORTANT)

anything else? I'm definitely not asking for donations although it was cool, my point here is to show what the little things are and how it really is.