Sign in to follow this  
DrBonesNurseAmy

My son's Kidney Transplant and patient advocacy

Your story illustrates something very important, I'm tired and a touch overworked so my mind is a bit too foggy to properly word what I would like to say, but I'll try.

Regardless of the time or place a loved one, either casualty or patient needs someone there to fight along side them. Either going the extra distance in exhausting all means you have to save their life in the event of a calamity, or being willing to press for answers and the best care available.

A recent death in the family due to no one being willing to make waves and press the for the departed makes this all the more real to me personally. I really do believe if someone had "Made a ruckus" after the first couple "medical oopsies" it may have turned out differently. Instead there was blind faith that everything would work out fine without anyone pushing the envelope for him.

I'm not a praying sort, but I'll offer my hopes for your sons recovery and many more decades with him. I realize you didn't post looking for well wishing and sympathy, but the mans had it hard it sounds like and he certainly deserves a silver lining for being able to endure imho.

Sorry if it was a touch incoherent, I'm off to get some sleep I hope.

Yes and Amen..

Dad we ask for Favor..Healing and to TOUCH him .

Strenght for the Entire Family to do what you told them to do..

Its Sunday moring so I can preach a bit..and Yes I have seen people DIE because NO ONE spoke up..

Sorry, I stoped working in Hospitals because of things like that..

Edited by 101matt

Thank you everyone for your prayers, thoughts and kind words, they worked!! He is now home, with a fully functioning kidney and off insulin for the first time since age 8 !!

We really appreciate the community support,

Nurse Amy and Dr Bones

Great to hear.

Wonderful news! I hope he continues to improve and gets to enjoy being just a healthy boy... and that the rest of the family gets to enjoy seeing him that way, too. I know that post-transplant there are lots of milestones you have to look for, and you son and family will remain in my thoughts as he hopefully clears each one with ease!