Sign in to follow this  
IHopeThatitsZombies

What's your poison?

Yes and Amen Capt bart.(Sam Adams DARK and warm)I was 18 and it came out of a machine at the bus station,Oh smokecheck..Im a FSU dad,and while I do support the mountaineers,they screwed up when they kicked out Bobby.sorry my pet peave..and with whats going on at Penn.state now just gives me another reason to DISLIKE them.GO PITT......talk about a back yard BRAWL when WvU and Pitt get togeather..ya baby.. ooops sorry

Matt

I just can't handle the idea of warm Beer. It's so nice cold. What temp. exactly? And are there any good german beers that are widely distributed that I should look for now? I don't know. Do you guys always drink it warm? I've always heard of this but I just don't know.

Warm is perhaps a misnomer. Room temperature. Just remember that room temperature in Germany in October is slightly different than room temperature in the US anytime! Unless you are drinking "poker beer" (beer deliberately heated with a hot poker from a fire) think sixty-ish for the temperature. Cool but not cold. Great in the winter for dark German beers. In the summer I prefer light beers and colder beers.

If you like Crown Royal

here a trick get an empty bottle and buy Kessler and fill it up 1/2 the price and all the flavor

sit back and watch them knock it back and wont be able to tell the difference.

Myrers 151 dark rum and a splash of coke well just wave it over the glass.

during my drinking career I tried most everything Colorado bulldogs white and black Russians

zombies, long island ice tea is good hurricanes in NOLA and back when

I used to live at the Shamrock Hilton in H town love them scorpions with a prime rib and tater

love the Old San Francisco steak house of course you can't beat the Oil Well club in M & O

Tijuana El Toro lounge worlds largest margarita their tequila sunsets and sunrise or course

Mexico Larado BOYS TOWN wahoo well it was good in the day, Nogalas & Juarez have their fun too

Hong Kong on the strip wan chai bottoms up club Bloody Martini

Olongapo the brown fox always had to get me some MOJO and some HO HO OH no

Hawaii well hard to remember but every once and a while I thought I was still in the PI

Bangkok soi cowboy gin sling but there are only a friggin thousand bars some you drop your billfold kick

it to a corner turn and pick it up and run find a straight bar

Singapore hey the holiday inn was too much everyone came through there stay off boogie street

And never ever go to Perth Australia they wouldn't let me buy a drink I left with almost as

much money as when I got there

Germany OMG every where Hagenmeyer beer I still got the stein

San Antonio Texas Menger Hotel bar reminded me of Germany

Austria innsbruck hot coffee and cognac

Spain San miguel tasted like the san miguel in PI

Greece Dammmmmmmm confusing when bombed grappa and some stuff that I think was lighter fluid

Kenya skip it

Cape Town everything changed Castle Lager beer was OK

Japan Sapporo sapporo of course ahhahh OK

Guam I just drank budwiper not my favorite it came with us so why not...

Denmark ride the white Elephant

Ireland Belfast in the HOOD the original Had a good time

well now I know why my liver tickles and haven't finished half the list

some dammm island i got some onion beer tasted OK but you smelled like onion for a few days

Shlitz beer around the world tastes like shitz one was enough

American beer Miller in the bottle

Edited by juzcallmesnake

scotch whiskey

Single malted, I presume? While I will drink any single malted scotch and most blended that are at least 10 years old, I have acquired a taste for the island scotches. Laphroaig is my poison of choice

http://www.whisky-distilleries.info/Laphroaig_EN.shtml

Tastes a bit like a strong Highland Scotch with just a touch of turpentine and diesel fuel and occasionally (in a good year) just a hint of Bunker C (ships fuel for you non-sailor types).

One good thing is you don't have to worry about someone stealing your booze.

The lady has a pint of Vodka (Stoli)and I have a pint of Bourbon (Maker's) in our BoBs. If SHTF I'm going to need a drink. If sold it in pint bottles, I'd pick up Bookers or Bakers. The lady would opt for Tito' vodka if they sold smaller bottles.

Coffee would be next. Need to pick up some of those Starbucks instant packs now that I think about it. :)

After many days of thought I will say it..shine.(Rye,mollases and a bit of corn).90proof a touch of carmel and a bit of Honey, and yep I use it in Grandmaws hot toddy,black tea,ginger,lemon,honey..it will sweat the sickness out of you and you wont feel a thing,Darsey was her Maden name,God loves the Irish.Yes Coffee in the morning,,,

Edited by 101matt

I love me some whiskey, usually Jim Bean or Jack Daniels, but lately I have been drinking Makers Mark. That being said the salty sea dog in me likes the taste of rum, preferably Sailor Jerry's. Furthermore I would like to try scotch if anyone out there could point me in the right direction.

I love me some whiskey, usually Jim Bean or Jack Daniels, but lately I have been drinking Makers Mark. That being said the salty sea dog in me likes the taste of rum, preferably Sailor Jerry's. Furthermore I would like to try scotch if anyone out there could point me in the right direction.

If you're talking blended, Chivas or Johnny Walker Black or Green. Single malted, Glenmorangie or Glenfiddich. Almost any 10 year old or older highland scotch. The island scotches are a bit of an acquired taste: I like Laphroaig but it IS an acquired taste.