Sign in to follow this  
brickintubesock

Online Custom Map Tools?

Hello everybody.

Forgive me if this is in the wrong forum, I'm still getting used to forums in general lol.

I'm looking to make custom maps for my BOB - maps that have certain icons, marked radii from certain points, and a few more things I haven't seen on too many other maps, and I want to be able to use the features of applications like Google Maps as a foundation for making them, however I'm not sure if there are any mapping sites that would allow me to show and print the things I want. My girlfriend is amazing at photoshop, but I don't want to have to learn all that stuff or steal two days of her homework time just to make a few maps, especially when things like Google Maps are so close to what I'm looking for. Not to mention, I'd have to hijack her computer and all that.

I'd do things the old fashioned way with a pencil, but it would be much harder to keep neat, reproduce, and edit. Any ideas, guys? Thank you.

found a site that deals with a vast array of custom options on google maps.

http://www.ehow.com/google-maps/

hope you find something that may help.

and if you do things the old school pencil way then check into map sealer. Keeps map waterproof and you can still write on it.http://www.rei.com/product/609319/map-seal-liquid-aquaseal-8-oz.

Edited by awake

glad to help. that is what keeps me on this site. Everyone has good input to share.[/quote

I agree. I mean, most of the people I know look at me with at least one eyebrow raised when they find out I have a BOB and have a favorite rifle, but the amount of knowledgeable people here shows me that mankind will exist another thousand years (hopefully).